X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
    Heres a contrarian take.
    I feel like you wouldn't be so interested in the "contrarian take" if people were bashing Trudeau like you were hoping for. Lol

And as shitty as it is, and as much as I'd like our boys in blue playing in our back yards, it sends the wrong message and sets the wrong priorities in this time of unprecedented uncertainty. Canada is on a much different track than the US as it pertains to COVID, and we are very close to having this thing under control. Would be a shame is baseball fucked it all up.

Comment

MLB should not be crossing the border. Send the Jays south. Somewhere will take them, there's money to be made.

U.S. records 2,600 new coronavirus cases every hour as total approaches 4 million
      https://news.trust.org/item/20200723091312-956hb

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

I feel like you wouldn't be so interested in the "contrarian take" if people were bashing Trudeau like you were hoping for. Lol

And as shitty as it is, and as much as I'd like our boys in blue playing in our back yards, it sends the wrong message and sets the wrong priorities in this time of unprecedented uncertainty. Canada is on a much different track than the US as it pertains to COVID, and we are very close to having this thing under control. Would be a shame is baseball fucked it all up.
        Feel what you feel on another's view point.
        Its why people cut holes in the fence lines and crowd into shipping containers to get into our country.
        You get to say what you think. Unless your in the LPC where you get to tow the party line regardless of what your conscience tells you.

As for Skippy.....Trudeau does a good enough job all by himself providing ample examples of conduct for folks to shake their heads and wonder just what he's thinking. Blackface, The Indian Costume Tour, SNC, whacking two female cabinet ministers for daring to disagree with his ethics, The Agha Khan vacation tour, putting the Tofino Surf Club ahead of coming to Toronto after the Danforth shootings and now the "Charity begins at Home" WE debacle as he somehow missed the optics of sole sourcing a pretty fat gov't contract to a company that has handed out 300$K to his family and a few free trips to Morneaus.

As for baseball.....neither here nor there if the Jays play before empty seats in Toronto or Pittsburgh or Baltimore or Buffalo... but....how quantitatively different is is it for a travelling contingent of approx 75 people who play baseball from 50 to 75 folks crossing the border at Roxham Road on a daily basis or the thousands of truck drivers bringing in goods daily or planes landing in the country with daily documented cases of COVID on flight manifests ?

One might land on the idea that the Virtue Signalling PM is .. well.... Virtue Signalling yet again.

As for Covid being under control in Canada... enjoy the no smoking section of the enclosed room full of smokers besides the 10 square feet thats roped off as non smoking.
        Your serve.
        Last edited by Demographic Shift; Fri Jul 24, 2020, 01:18 PM.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

Feel what you feel on another's view point.
          Its why people cut holes in the fence lines and crowd into shipping containers to get into our country.
          You get to say what you think. Unless your in the LPC where you get to tow the party line regardless of what your conscience tells you.

As for Skippy.....Trudeau does a good enough job all by himself providing ample examples of conduct for folks to shake their heads and wonder just what he's thinking. Blackface, The Indian Costume Tour, SNC, whacking two female cabinet ministers for daring to disagree with his ethics, The Agha Khan vacation tour, putting the Tofino Surf Club ahead of coming to Toronto after the Danforth shootings and now the "Charity begins at Home" WE debacle as he somehow missed the optics of sole sourcing a pretty fat gov't contract to a company that has handed out 300$K to his family and a few free trips to Morneaus.

As for baseball.....neither here nor there if the Jays play before empty seats in Toronto or Pittsburgh or Baltimore or Buffalo... but....how quantitatively different is is it for a travelling contingent of approx 75 people who play baseball from 50 to 75 folks crossing the border at Roxham Road on a daily basis or the thousands of truck drivers bringing in goods daily or planes landing in the country with daily documented cases of COVID on flight manifests ?

One might land on the idea that the Virtue Signalling PM is .. well.... Virtue Signalling yet again.

As for Covid being under control in Canada... enjoy the no smoking section of the enclosed room full of smokers besides the 10 square feet thats roped off as non smoking.
          Your serve.
          If Morneau can't remember he had a villa in France, how's he supposed to remember to pay back a lousy 40 grand for some family vacations? I'm sure he's .... sorry ....

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post

Wow. I actually agree with Joey?

Mamba Mentality

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post

Wow. I actually agree with Joey?

Joey and I agree on a lot things....

Just not on Skippy
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

People need to leave Jonathan Isaac alone for not kneeling. As usual I agree with Charles Barkley, if people don't kneel they're not a bad person. Gregg Popovich also did not kneel, are we REALLY going to question his character now too?

Kneeling right now is like the "cool" thing to do. It's not going to hurt them or their brand. Kaepernick first knelt in 2016 when it wasn't cool and it got him blacklisted in the NFL. Where were LeBron and the others back then? why didn't they kneel back then? why now? racism has been going on for centuries, it didn't start after George Floyd's death so I don't want to hear it.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

Pop I have no respect for since he called friends and family of mine bigots cause didn’t vote the way he wanted. Respect for Hammon here though cause she has a lot to lose. That takes courage. Same with Isaac. Those two are risking their careers for standing while the mob kneels.

Do Canadians here have thoughts on the Raps kneeling for the Canadian national anthem? Do you care? Is it a righteous protest against a bigoted country and its people or is it an offensive finger in the eye to Canada?

According to Nurse, Canada also needs to do better in the “systemic racism area” but I’m more interested in hearing from people who have actually thought about it. Exit question: would Nick Nurse kneel for the Chinese national anthem?

Comment

discussing politics when it's game day

Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I'm an adamant non-kneeler.
                      It was a mistake from the beginning and Kapaernic chose the wrong way to protest a just cause and it was divisive rather than bringing people together. I've heard all the arguments that he had to do something drastic to get people's attention but then why not blow something up in front of a police station instead of disrespecting the flag, the anthem and armed forces members of every color?

Have you seen all the black Marines kneeling with athletes during the national anthem? Yah, me either ....

The NY Yankees and Washington Nationals had it right a week ago; kneel prior to the anthem and bloody well stand for it. My opinion.
                      Representing Canada, the Raps could do better.

Comment

Minnesota Wild defenceman Matt Dumba 1st NHLer to kneel for US anthem

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          Minnesota Wild defenceman Matt Dumba 1st NHLer to kneel for US anthem
                          Dumb move

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
                            People need to leave Jonathan Isaac alone for not kneeling. As usual I agree with Charles Barkley, if people don't kneel they're not a bad person. Gregg Popovich also did not kneel, are we REALLY going to question his character now too?

Kneeling right now is like the "cool" thing to do. It's not going to hurt them or their brand. Kaepernick first knelt in 2016 when it wasn't cool and it got him blacklisted in the NFL. Where were LeBron and the others back then? why didn't they kneel back then? why now? racism has been going on for centuries, it didn't start after George Floyd's death so I don't want to hear it.

I agree.
                            Once you dig deeper into the BLM agenda, you'll understand what they really want.
                            I am all for equality among all, especially for our black brothers and sisters whom I have so much respect for. But so many of them are being led to the wrong direction by the very same people with whom they have issues with.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                              Do Canadians here have thoughts on the Raps kneeling for the Canadian national anthem? Do you care? Is it a righteous protest against a bigoted country and its people or is it an offensive finger in the eye to Canada?

According to Nurse, Canada also needs to do better in the “systemic racism area” but I’m more interested in hearing from people who have actually thought about it. Exit question: would Nick Nurse kneel for the Chinese national anthem?
                              I don't care for the mob mentality either way. People are free to kneel or not kneel, accusations about their character based on whether they are or aren't kneeling are out of line. Was true for Kaepernick and is true today.

​​​​​​Let people act and speak for themselves and try actually listening to what they have to say instead of imposing yourself on them.

Most of the Raptors players and staff are Americans. Other countries have issues, too. All involved should be free to do what they feel they need to do.

These are the most basic freedoms we've tried to build Canada and the US on. I think the most disappointing part for me is how controversial these simple acts are, thanks to our hyper partisan political climate.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

People wondering why there aren’t as many posters back here on game threads.

My guess is cause over the last several months these RR forums have unfortunately proven to be more anti-science than anti-racist.

Comment

Working...
                                X