Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's quieter on here, but it's also summer. People are out doing their own thing. I don't necessarily think it has to do with Anti-science, anti racism

Comment

I don't have an issue with players, or anybody taking a knee during a national anthem. It's a peaceful protest, knelling does not harm anyone. They are speaking out about a major flaw that is harming the future prosperity of their civilization. They care about their country.

All other versions of protest have obviously not worked in the past, but the simple act of kneeling, obviously spurs on conversation and debate. Like we are doing now.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
        It's quieter on here, but it's also summer. People are out doing their own thing. I don't necessarily think it has to do with Anti-science, anti racism
        Yep. I was at a nice socially distanced BBQ trying to sneak in some looks at the game streams and not look rude. Lol.

Comment

People are sneaking in holidays and cottage time, some just getting back to work. NBA just started again.
          Once the post season starts and the Raps win a round, the country will get rabid again.

Comment

The NBA's dismal ratings proves that people want legit entertainment, not politics in sports.

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post
              The NBA's dismal ratings proves that people want legit entertainment, not politics in sports.
              or that it is the dog days of summer. This is the whole reason NBA stop their season in June. Not as many people hanging around inside around the T.V
              To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                Again, what dismal ratings are you talking about? This is the most political the NBA has ever been, and the Restart ratings have been very good.

Comment

SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

Again, what dismal ratings are you talking about? This is the most political the NBA has ever been, and the Restart ratings have been very good.
                  https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/202...bucks-rockets/

Comment

If you read the article, though, unremarkable" means average/ordinary. That's a far cry from dismal and very good when you factor in that it's summer. I'm an ultra-hardcore basketball fan, and I've been having a hard time watching the games because you really want to try and enjoy the short summer. And then there's the weird start times. All in all, the NBA has been doing way better than expected.

Comment

• I don't think that article says what you think it does, with better numbers AFTER the restart. And "unremarkable" is a long way from "dismal".

Comment

• i'd say those ratings are pretty good for a long weekend in the middle of summer.

it's also kind of stupid to compare to earlier in the season when the national TV schedule is more spread out. now there's four or five national games a day on the weekends, not all of them are going to draw because not everyone is going to spend a summer long weekend watching 12 hours of ball a day.

Comment

• Yes, people are spending time outside but you can't compare that number to a normal summer.
                          Majority are still staying in their houses especially in the US with the resurgence of cases there.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                            Yes, people are spending time outside but you can't compare that number to a normal summer.
                            Majority are still staying in their houses especially in the US with the resurgence of cases there.
                            But can we agree that the Restart numbers have not been as dismal as you said?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post

But can we agree that the Restart numbers have not been as dismal as you said?
                              It's dismal when you consider that turnout when you factor in the huge number of potential viewers.
                              People are looking for entertainment, for distraction during these trying times.
                              Our only source of entertainment are the internet and TV, tbh. And the NBA only managed to secure average ratings?

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

It's dismal when you consider that turnout when you factor in the huge number of potential viewers.
                                People are looking for entertainment, for distraction during these trying times.
                                Our only source of entertainment are the internet and TV, tbh. And the NBA only managed to secure average ratings?
                                not sure what numbers you've been looking at if you think everybody in america has been social distancing bro

Comment

Working...
                                X