This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

It's dismal when you consider that turnout when you factor in the huge number of potential viewers.
    People are looking for entertainment, for distraction during these trying times.
    Our only source of entertainment are the internet and TV, tbh. And the NBA only managed to secure average ratings?
    How many people cancelled their cable TV packages and are finding other ways to watch? I know I have.

Comment

• Lol.
      Boycotting is a form of protest toward someone or something that you have disagreement with.
      So they disagree with playing?
      With the NBA?
      Last edited by Kagemusha; Wed Aug 26, 2020, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Bucks boycotted game 5 per Woj. I suspect Raps/Celtics to do the same.

Comment

• Bucks not playing. Wonder if the other teams play today. Lebron has been pretty adamant that he wants to play
          To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• Also wonder how the nba approaches this. The magic wanted to play, are bucks forfeiting? Do they just reschedule?

Comment

• This makes no logical sense and has no practical impact but whatever. Lots to watch with NHL, MLB, CFB, PGA, and NFL. Whenever they want to play again I will watch.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I don't think the Magic take the win. This is a weird one.. and gotta say unique in my lifetime of watching sport. I'm not black but I understand their collective frustration. The players feel they have a platform to make a difference.. but nothing is changing. Nobody is really listening.

Now there is a chance that nothing will ever change, but when you live in a democratic country you have to believe that the people can make a difference. If not then, I think you consider some really bad ideas like a civil war or leave the country if that's even an option.

Boycotting a game should have more of an impact than a few t-shirts and slogans. It's money, and usually money talks. A lot of the NBA owners have connections that make real differences. Will they stand up with the players? I don't know. I hope something positive happens from it, but only time will tell.

For the NBA they either cancel everything and shut down the bubble for good. Leaving the 2020 title in limbo. Or they give the players a few days to decompress, possibly protest and leave the bubble, and resume later if they can.

Will be quite interesting to see what happens.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      This makes no logical sense and has no practical impact but whatever. Lots to watch with NHL, MLB, CFB, PGA, and NFL. Whenever they want to play again I will watch.
                      Borderline stupid idea, no offense.
                      And what are they going to do if the situation doesn't change, which is the more likely scenario?

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                        Magic wins

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                          I don't think the Magic take the win. This is a weird one.. and gotta say unique in my lifetime of watching sport. I'm not black but I understand their collective frustration. The players feel they have a platform to make a difference.. but nothing is changing. Nobody is really listening.

Now there is a chance that nothing will ever change, but when you live in a democratic country you have to believe that the people can make a difference. If not then, I think you consider some really bad ideas like a civil war or leave the country if that's even an option.

Boycotting a game should have more of an impact than a few t-shirts and slogans. It's money, and usually money talks. A lot of the NBA owners have connections that make real differences. Will they stand up with the players? I don't know. I hope something positive happens from it, but only time will tell.

For the NBA they either cancel everything and shut down the bubble for good. Leaving the 2020 title in limbo. Or they give the players a few days to decompress, possibly protest and leave the bubble, and resume later if they can.

Ya dont think they get a win but these magic guys probably want to get out of the bubble. Now they have to hang around in purgatory waiting for the bucks to beat them. If I'm a magic guy I just say let's bounce

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I don't think the Magic take the win. This is a weird one.. and gotta say unique in my lifetime of watching sport. I'm not black but I understand their collective frustration. The players feel they have a platform to make a difference.. but nothing is changing. Nobody is really listening.

I obviously stand with any fight against racism, but as I understand Jacob Blake was a hardened criminal with a violent past, causing a disturbance, resisting arrest, resisted tasering, and walked away from the cops and reached into his vehicle.

He should not have been shot, let alone 7 times. There was enough cops to subdue before hitting that point. But lets be straight with the facts. Resisting, and then attempting to reach into a vehicle with a officers gun drawn on you is the epitome of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes"
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Magic wins
                              Nah their not accepting the default

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

I obviously stand with any fight against racism, but as I understand Jacob Blake was a hardened criminal with a violent past, causing a disturbance, resisting arrest, resisted tasering, and walked away from the cops and reached into his vehicle.

He should not have been shot, let alone 7 times. There was enough cops to subdue before hitting that point. But lets be straight with the facts. Resisting, and then attempting to reach into a vehicle with a officers gun drawn on you is the epitome of "play stupid games, win stupid prizes"
                                I'm not sure how much of it is on that Blake kid and what happened to him specifically that caused the boycott. There was a white dude that killed two BLM protesters and injured another as well and that guy was taken in gracefully. I think that's part of the "double standard" / injustice that is pissing a lot of the black community off.

Comment

Working...
                                X