This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007 wrote: View Post
    Wow, this is a massive moment for the players. What happens in the next couple days is crucial
    Very few people really care about the NBA in the grand scheme of things. If they want to boycott themselves and destroy their own business life will simply go on without them. Now, I do agree that if they bail on the season, it will have long term repercussions for the league financially but, otherwise, this will have zero impact on anything.

Comment

• Good on the Bucks for spearheading this. Taking a stand for what you believe in takes guts.

Anyone who says it's pointless needs to do a lot of reading on the history of social movements in America. Change doesn't happen overnight.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Very few people really care about the NBA in the grand scheme of things. If they want to boycott themselves and destroy their own business life will simply go on without them. Now, I do agree that if they bail on the season, it will have long term repercussions for the league financially but, otherwise, this will have zero impact on anything.
        True players seem to be naive and think that white racists enjoy watching African American dominated league. It won't change anything long term wise.
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I imagine the idea is to put pressure on the owners, tv networks and others who have real power to affect change

Another hope would probably be to get players from other leagues involved, like with what the Milwaukee Brewers are discussing
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Gonzz wrote: View Post
            The video of the white teenager from Illinois trying to surrender with an Ar15 around his shoulder freaked me out. The cops saw he was white and drove right by him. They picked him up in Illinois next day. Pretty sure he’s connected to Bugaloos white supremacists trying to start a race war.
            The fuck was that shit, just watched it myself. The USA is worse than Sudan or Syria right now and then you see the white people commenting on the news post and realize it's way way worse. They are all defending him.
            Last edited by RandomGuy; Wed Aug 26, 2020, 06:11 PM.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• So the bubble has burst? You know lebron wants that 4th title and hes pissed lol
              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I imagine the idea is to put pressure on the owners, tv networks and others who have real power to affect change

Another hope would probably be to get players from other leagues involved, like with what the Milwaukee Brewers are discussing
                this is it precisely

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

The fuck was that shit, just watched it myself. The USA is worse than Sudan or Syria right now and then you see the white people commenting on the news post and realize it's way way worse. They are all defending him.
                  this is part of the issue

Comment

Right, but you do that by hurting them not by boycotting yourself. The NBA is a pinprick in terms of its size and economic might, all of those parties will simply find other sports to put on. Hey, maybe I am wrong and this is the genesis of massive legislative action in the US. Guess we will see.

Comment

• The Milwaukee Brewers and Cincinnati Reds have called off their game tonight. More MLB teams are apparently discussing whether or not to play tonight

The NBA players need to make sure they coordinate with the MLB players, and reach out to the NHL and MLS as well

Comment

Lets not act like this is nothing. The Clips sold for 2 BILLION(!!) dollars. NBA players in 2020 have more leverage over owners than any group of athletes ever. The reason LeBron can get a billion dollar Nike deal is because people care more about him than the team he plays for. Players are going to throw their weight around, risk some of their team and leagues value to force powerful, billionaire owners to take action or potentially suffer real financial consequences. Im with 007, these are interesting days

Comment

The Milwaukee Brewers and Cincinnati Reds have called off their game tonight. More MLB teams are apparently discussing whether or not to play tonight

The NBA players need to make sure they coordinate with the MLB players, and reach out to the NHL and MLS as well
                          and nfl.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

and nfl.
                            I didn’t include them because they’re not playing tonight but yeah, getting at least some of the NFL players on board would be a monumental move

Comment

• Good work Bucks, we all need to take part in declaring against racasim. Everyone can protest as he can and as he sees. Life of human beings are more important than basketball.

I read that Raptors and Boston are discussing boycotting , that is great news.

Comment

• "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X