Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything James Johnson

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Ex-Raptors don't do well in Memphis. VC should do great.

    Comment


    • #32


      if you look at his game log. He was either getting a lot of minutes or none at all.
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

      Comment


      • #33
        MixxAOR wrote: View Post


        if you look at his game log. He was either getting a lot of minutes or none at all.
        It'll be similar in Toronto. There are only a few teams that need a big wing matchup. Same as Hayes with post up guys. Johnson will get more minutes then Memphis but he is strictly a matchup guy.

        Comment


        • #34
          raptors999 wrote: View Post
          It'll be similar in Toronto. There are only a few teams that need a big wing matchup. Same as Hayes with post up guys. Johnson will get more minutes then Memphis but he is strictly a matchup guy.
          I'm good with that. It is specific match-ups that kill the Raps.

          Comment


          • #35
            Superjudge wrote: View Post
            Bruno?

            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.

            He's terrible.
            You kinda of expect that from a 18 year old kid who never played against American Players. He showed lots of potential in Summer League with a NBA 3-Pointer and pretty good defense.

            Comment


            • #36
              Fully wrote: View Post
              Yeah I don't mean to be so pessimistic but what reasons are there to believe that Johnson is truly a changed man aside from the mandatory soundbites from Masai, Casey and JJ this offseason when he was signed?

              He played his way into the doghouse in Memphis this year after playing himself out of the entire league the year before. Oh, and he's two months removed from a domestic assault charge. We can talk about his wingspan, his shot blocking abilities, his defensive prowess and what he'll bring to practice all we want but until he displays the skill of not being an idiot I'm going to hold my breathe.
              Wasn't charges dropped because of lack of evidence or something like that. I honestly think that hte domestic assualt case was BS and was just her trying to milk money out of him through a lawsuit.

              Comment


              • #37
                chch166 wrote: View Post
                Wasn't charges dropped because of lack of evidence or something like that. I honestly think that hte domestic assualt case was BS and was just her trying to milk money out of him through a lawsuit.
                Here's what happened as posted this afternoon on the Commercial Appeal (Memphis newspaper):

                Authorities have dismissed the domestic violence case against NBA player James Johnson, officials said.

                Johnson, 27, was arrested by Memphis police June 7 after an altercation with his wife of two years, Callie Johnson, and her mother. Johnson’s wife called police after he allegedly hit her in the face with an open hand and choked her. Johnson, who was a member of the Memphis Grizzlies at the time, also punched a hole in a bathroom door during the incident, according to the affidavit. He left the scene but later returned to find officers interviewing his wife. She had no injuries to her face or neck, police said. She told police they both had been drinking.

                The case was dismissed because Callie Johnson did not show up in court, said Vince Higgins, spokesman for the Shelby County District Attorney’s office.
                Source: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...hnson_87934510

                Comment


                • #38

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    stretch wrote: View Post
                    Here's what happened as posted this afternoon on the Commercial Appeal (Memphis newspaper):



                    Source: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...hnson_87934510
                    More evidence of the Raptors successful offseason. Two criminal court cases - no convictions. Go team.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      chch166 wrote: View Post
                      Man he's good at what we know he's good at (defense, spot scoring, shot-blocking) but I see myself becoming ridiculously annoyed of him halfway through the year. Terrible shooting mechanics, low IQ, cheated like crazy on that pick.... Let's hope he's on a short leash

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                        Man he's good at what we know he's good at (defense, spot scoring, shot-blocking) but I see myself becoming ridiculously annoyed of him halfway through the year. Terrible shooting mechanics, low IQ, cheated like crazy on that pick.... Let's hope he's on a short leash
                        Ross should be getting the majority of the minutes anyways so you shouldn't have to put up with a ton of JJ. James is hyper efficient in that 12-15 minutes range

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                          Ross should be getting the majority of the minutes anyways so you shouldn't have to put up with a ton of JJ. James is hyper efficient in that 12-15 minutes range
                          That's what I'm hoping. Though I have a feeling Casey leaves him in whenever the other team has a slightly bigger wing. We can manage with Ross guarding guys like Paul George.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            For sure, and, from what I've read on the internet, T Ross has been putting in work in the gym in order to address the issue of him not being able to guard stronger players.

                            Its also going to help him when he drives into the paint.

                            JJ should be playing Salmons' minutes, but knowing DC, he will leave him on court if he is playing well on both ends of the floor or if the Raptors are playing a team with a dynamic SF like Brooklyn (Joe Johnson), Cleveland ('Bron), or OKC (KD).
                            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                            -random Facebook user. 2016

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Could the Raps potentially be able to play some small ball with JJ at the four for short stretches?
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                                Could the Raps potentially be able to play some small ball with JJ at the four for short stretches?
                                Definitely. I'm pretty sure last stint he had in Toronto we had him guard KG one game so nothing's out of the picture

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X