Everything James Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post
    I have a feeling that the only one who can conceivably limit James Johnson's minutes is James Johnson.
    Yes, possibly. But it would be self defeating if he decided not to follow what seems to be a tacit understanding with the org. as to what his role is. I dont think his defensive talents are in dispute. I am probably as concerned of Casey going off the reservation as Johnson

Comment

• James Johnson per 36...if he plays himself into a starter (Kyle Lowry route)

roughly 14pts 6.5rebounds 4assists 2 steals and 2 blocks a game with great defense.

I would pay not crazy James Johnson 10m a year if he would accept his role.

EDIT: Just imagined the ball zipping around with Patterson in the starting lineup. 14pts 8 rebounds, 1.5 blocks, 1.5 steals per 36
      Last edited by thead; Tue Oct 21, 2014, 04:12 PM.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
        James Johnson per 36...if he plays himself into a starter (Kyle Lowry route)

roughly 14pts 6.5rebounds 4assists 2 steals and 2 blocks a game with great defense.

I would pay not crazy James Johnson 10m a year if he would accept his role.

EDIT: Just imagined the ball zipping around with Patterson in the starting lineup. 14pts 8 rebounds, 1.5 blocks, 1.5 steals per 36
        I hate per 36. I don't find it very accurate. 30-36+ minutes are starters minutes. People who play less than that are asked to different things than starters are. I find it unlikely someone who looks like a stud playing 20 minutes a game is necessarily going to put up similar numbers per 36, due to fouls, different roles, exposing more of their weaknesses, fore line up reasons (ie who they play against) ect. Although it isn't like I've done research on this topic, it's just a gut feeling.

Comment

• All the Casey bashing is effing hilarious. Such fools.
          Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
          Because its 2015

Comment

• Shirokin wrote: View Post
            I hate per 36. I don't find it very accurate. 30-36+ minutes are starters minutes. People who play less than that are asked to different things than starters are. I find it unlikely someone who looks like a stud playing 20 minutes a game is necessarily going to put up similar numbers per 36, due to fouls, different roles, exposing more of their weaknesses, fore line up reasons (ie who they play against) ect. Although it isn't like I've done research on this topic, it's just a gut feeling.
            I find it funny that when reporters point to players improving from year to year, when they are talking about younger players (second year, third year) the improvements can almost always be attributed to longer minutes on the floor. Of course, it would make sense that in their early years they are facing opposing bench players. If you go down almost any players career stats, the increase in points, rebounds and assists correlate very closely with minutes played.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
              I find it funny that when reporters point to players improving from year to year, when they are talking about younger players (second year, third year) the improvements can almost always be attributed to longer minutes on the floor. Of course, it would make sense that in their early years they are facing opposing bench players. If you go down almost any players career stats, the increase in points, rebounds and assists correlate very closely with minutes played.
              Of course, it is hard to produce less when you are given more time to do so. But I just think extrapolating numbers based on a ratio of production vs time played can only be so accurate. I'm just not a fan when a person argues something using per 36; there may be a reason that player didn't play 36 minutes.

Comment

• Shirokin wrote: View Post
                per 36 is an extrapolation measurement. obviously no stat is going to be an accurate representation of a player, but per 36 helps to even out more proper projections when obviously everyone plays completely different minutes. its PPG and those metrics that don't matter at all.

Comment

• vs. Maccabi Haifa, Jay-Jo dribbling into double teams, losing the ball & the other side fast breaks the other way for easy peach buckets. LOL. *sigh* if he does that during the regular season, Coach Casey's gonna grind his molars & sprout gray hairs instantly.

Comment

• Johnson only took 2 shots last night.

2 shots too many.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Johnson only took 2 shots last night.

2 shots too many.
                      I cringed both times.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• i remember one shot i cringed at, the other i was just kinda well whatever

i was more cringing at some of the flashy passes he was attempting
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                          i remember one shot i cringed at, the other i was just kinda well whatever

i was more cringing at some of the flashy passes he was attempting
                          The one attempt at a cross-over dribble was ridiculous. He basically dribbled it off his head for the turnover.

Comment

• A lot of discussion in the game threads about how good JJ's defense is. Honestly I just don't see it, sure he occasionally makes a damn nice play when he locks in, but most of the time he is getting lifted on the perimeter and allowing penetration. Or he overhelps and ball watches and fails to track his man.

I just don't see the great defense, he is a poor fundamental team defender.

He has, however, at least been a decent option on the other end so far...

Comment

• You're talking out your ass.

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                                You're talking out your ass.

+1
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X