Everything James Johnson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Not really. He'd played more at SF before this, and had played very little to none at all recently, even before the injury.
    The question wasn't which he plays more. It was that he doesn't play at the 4 and that is false.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Except for big bruising pfs like Monroe, and big al I like jj at the 4. His martial arts background gives him an excellent center of gravity, balance, coordination to match most pfs and then his ball handling and speed can create mismatches on offence. If I were jj i would be nailing the 10-15 top of the key shots because he would be a great passer for cutters, shooters and the downlow big after he blows by his own man
      Last edited by Miekenstien; Sat Feb 7, 2015, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        Except for big bruising pfs like Monroe, and big al I like jj at the 4. His martial arts background gives him an excellent center of gravity, balance, coordination to match most pfs and then his ball handling and speed can create mismatches on offence. If I were jj i would be nailing the 10-15 top of the key shots because he would be a great passer for cutters, shooters and the downlow big after he blows by his own man
        It isn't whether JJ can play the 4 but if 2Pats can play the 5. Not using JJ as a SF makes the PF rotation screwed up.

Comment

• Comment

• psrs1 wrote:
            Thanks to Matt Devlin, I mean , the poster formerly known as Matt52 for bringing this to DC's attention.
            On to the next lineup rehab.....can we check out Landry Field's progress with his hand (the knife up top probably looks like Landry's nerves in the hand). Play him...please...I dont know whether DC is not playing him because he still cannot shoot or .....

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              So we played James Johnson at the PF spot today with massive success

Who knew such a thing would work?

smh...Casey, you're only a few months behind, but thanks for reading RR. We're here all week

#FireCasey
              One of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on here. Congrats.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                On to the next lineup rehab.....can we check out Landry Field's progress with his hand (the knife up top probably looks like Landry's nerves in the hand). Play him...please...I dont know whether DC is not playing him because he still cannot shoot or .....
                I read someplace that Landry is practicing with his left hand and noticed during the game intro blah blah blah that Fields was in the background putting up shots with his left hand, so maybe it's true.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  So we played James Johnson at the PF spot today with massive success

Who knew such a thing would work?

smh...Casey, you're only a few months behind, but thanks for reading RR. We're here all week

#FireCasey
                  It's funny because guys with his skill sets; like LeBron, 'Melo & Paul Pierce, have all spent some time @ the 4 in small ball line-up. Kidd used Pierce to sweep the season series vs. the Heat last season by doing just that. Why did it take our coaching staff so long to figure this out? Tunnel vision, I suppose. We have the luxury of following other teams but, not the coaching staff, I guess.

Comment

• godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
                    It's funny because guys with his skill sets; like LeBron, 'Melo & Paul Pierce, have all spent some time @ the 4 in small ball line-up. Kidd used Pierce to sweep the season series vs. the Heat last season by doing just that. Why did it take our coaching staff so long to figure this out? Tunnel vision, I suppose. We have the luxury of following other teams but, not the coaching staff, I guess.
                    No other team goes small by using three guards. Not even the Suns. With 2Pats Raptors don't have to use a SF at the 4 just to add a shooter for spacing.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                      No other team goes small by using three guards. Not even the Suns. With 2Pats Raptors don't have to use a SF at the 4 just to add a shooter for spacing.
                      True. When the Nets went small with Pierce they still had Johnson @ the 3. With LeBron @ the 4, the Heat still had Bosh @ the 5. It's probably a case of desperate times & desperate measures.

Comment

• This is the "Everything James Johnson" thread. It should be renamed the "James Johnson IS Everything" thread.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          This is the "Everything James Johnson" thread. It should be renamed the "James Johnson IS Everything" thread.
                          There better be a permanent spot in the starting lineup for this guy.

I'm cringing at all the Casey quotes saying that it was just a situational lineup change to slow down Kawhi Leonard.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            There better be a permanent spot in the starting lineup for this guy.

I'm cringing at all the Casey quotes saying that it was just a situational lineup change to slow down Kawhi Leonard.
                            Casey can be defiant all he wants and act like he's not starting JJ just because the fans, bloggers and media were clamoring for it. I don't care. Whatever he needs to say to feel good about himself for starting JJ, well.... just keep doing it.

Actually, I think the lightbulb went on for Casey when he saw that JJ could hold his own guarding an elite PF like Blake Griffin. That might be the real revelation here. On most PFs in the league, JJ's has a quickness advantage without giving up much (or anything) in length or strength. And he can also switch onto SFs and some SGs. He really is an ideal guy for Casey's high energy defensive schemes, especially when opposing teams go small ball.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Plenty of teams use 3 guard lineups in limited doses. Not defending it here for the Raps, but it's no Dwayne Casey creation.

The Suns have a couple different 3 guard combos using Dragic/Thomas/Bledsoe/Green. The Clippers play Paul/Crawford/Reddick together. Carlisle and George Karl have both played plenty of 3 guard small ball lineups over the years.

A whole pile of 3 guard lineups listed here: http://dimemag.com/2013/11/20-best-s...l-lineups-nba/
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                                Casey can be defiant all he wants and act like he's not starting JJ just because the fans, bloggers and media were clamoring for it. I don't care. Whatever he needs to say to feel good about himself for starting JJ, well.... just keep doing it.

Actually, I think the lightbulb went on for Casey when he saw that JJ could hold his own guarding an elite PF like Blake Griffin. That might be the real revelation here. On most PFs in the league, JJ's has a quickness advantage without giving up much (or anything) in length or strength. And he can also switch onto SFs and some SGs. He really is an ideal guy for Casey's high energy defensive schemes, especially when opposing teams go small ball.
                                We've seen what JJ can do. If he was a douchebag in the locker room and did something, hopefully it's over and the team has moved on. The team has lacked a defensive identity since last year and JJ needs to stay on for good. Enough with this BS (of not starting).
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X