X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonus Jonas
    replied
    chch166 wrote: View Post
    Man he's good at what we know he's good at (defense, spot scoring, shot-blocking) but I see myself becoming ridiculously annoyed of him halfway through the year. Terrible shooting mechanics, low IQ, cheated like crazy on that pick.... Let's hope he's on a short leash

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    stretch wrote: View Post
    Here's what happened as posted this afternoon on the Commercial Appeal (Memphis newspaper):

Source: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...hnson_87934510
    More evidence of the Raptors successful offseason. Two criminal court cases - no convictions. Go team.

Leave a comment:

• chch166
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stretch
    replied
    chch166 wrote: View Post
    Wasn't charges dropped because of lack of evidence or something like that. I honestly think that hte domestic assualt case was BS and was just her trying to milk money out of him through a lawsuit.
    Here's what happened as posted this afternoon on the Commercial Appeal (Memphis newspaper):

Authorities have dismissed the domestic violence case against NBA player James Johnson, officials said.

Johnson, 27, was arrested by Memphis police June 7 after an altercation with his wife of two years, Callie Johnson, and her mother. Johnson’s wife called police after he allegedly hit her in the face with an open hand and choked her. Johnson, who was a member of the Memphis Grizzlies at the time, also punched a hole in a bathroom door during the incident, according to the affidavit. He left the scene but later returned to find officers interviewing his wife. She had no injuries to her face or neck, police said. She told police they both had been drinking.

The case was dismissed because Callie Johnson did not show up in court, said Vince Higgins, spokesman for the Shelby County District Attorney’s office.
    Source: http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...hnson_87934510

Leave a comment:

• chch166
    replied
    Fully wrote: View Post
    Yeah I don't mean to be so pessimistic but what reasons are there to believe that Johnson is truly a changed man aside from the mandatory soundbites from Masai, Casey and JJ this offseason when he was signed?

He played his way into the doghouse in Memphis this year after playing himself out of the entire league the year before. Oh, and he's two months removed from a domestic assault charge. We can talk about his wingspan, his shot blocking abilities, his defensive prowess and what he'll bring to practice all we want but until he displays the skill of not being an idiot I'm going to hold my breathe.
    Wasn't charges dropped because of lack of evidence or something like that. I honestly think that hte domestic assualt case was BS and was just her trying to milk money out of him through a lawsuit.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X