GAME #2: Toronto Raptors 110 - Portland Trailblazers 104

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saints91 wrote: View Post
    That was a fun game. I love watching all the back bench guys.

I’m hoping they can find ways to get Matt Thomas on the floor going forward. He tries on D but just doesn’t have the size or athletic ability to hold guys down. I love that he’s trying though.

Surround him with Kyle, Serg, OG, Siakam, he would have a strong defensive
    lineup around him and players that will demand to be guarded. He’ll be filling that bucket up.

It’s hard to imagine the seeding games getting anymore intense than last night, but I think the guys are still holding back. Big improvement over the first game
    Matt Thomas would be getting a lot more run on a team with less depth.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Apparently McCaw has an undisclosed injury. Nurse wasn't specific but return to action doesn't sound imminent.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post

Matt Thomas would be getting a lot more run on a team with less depth.
        On the Lakers, Matt Thomas would be starting and he'd already be legend by now. The wide open looks he would get playing off Lebron & AD would be crazy .... he'd be shooting at least 75% from 3.

Comment

they better put some extra bubble wrap around the bubble

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
            Apparently McCaw has an undisclosed injury. Nurse wasn't specific but return to action doesn't sound imminent.
            Apparently the discussion around McCaw right now is evaluating whether this is an injury he can play through. So not clear yet if he will play, and if he does, no real clear timeline - could be immediately, could be later.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Interesting game for sure.. in the first quarter I was like.. no intensity, everyone is just going through the motions. And then Serge/Nurkic have a little bit of a tussle, and that was made it interesting. Both benches really got into it. Kyle was barking at the refs all game. Melo was trashing the Raps back. Serge and Nurkic kept taking turns on offense.

Was really fun until SJ game in.. and then it was just pretty hilarious. Was really thinking they'd cough up the lead. Love how he got an and-one and then missed the free throw. Just so typical.

And this guy was a lottery pick. Makes tanking really look like a terrible strategy.

Hope Fred is okay. I like that Marc was trying to get to the rim.. that like never happened last season. He wasn't great, but he only got 10 minutes in. Norm looked disinterested for most of the game. Siakam looked a bit sharper. OG's handles were fire. Matt was unstoppable. TD just continues to impress me. RHJ just isn't a good offensive player. He's got pretty decent handles but not much else on the offensive end. He should really stay in his lane. Loved the dunk by Watson. Boucher had a little more pop against Portland. Overall ended up being a good game. Glad I watched it.

Comment

Gosh it’s good to have raptor basketball back. OG been working on that handle!

Comment

You can tell who put in the work, OG's handle is a lot better. Davis overall game is also a lot better. Stanley Johnson? no comment.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

On the Lakers, Matt Thomas would be starting and he'd already be legend by now. The wide open looks he would get playing off Lebron & AD would be crazy .... he'd be shooting at least 75% from 3.
                    Assuming another team saw in him what Masai and Nick saw in him.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Apparently the discussion around McCaw right now is evaluating whether this is an injury he can play through. So not clear yet if he will play, and if he does, no real clear timeline - could be immediately, could be later.
                      If I'm the Raps, I'd play it real safe with McCaw and shut him down for the season. No need to risk the young man's career. He's an important part of our future, so you have to proceed with caution.

Comment

Working...
                      X