Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can the Raptors get off to a good start this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bruno and bebe arent getting off the bench unless its a blow out
    hopefully we see more blowouts next year now that the team has experience together

Comment

I think that the Raptors' schedule has always been brutal at the beginning of the season, and becomes easier as the season progresses.

However, for the first time in quite a while, the Raptors will be starting the season with the majority of their core from last season still intact. This core has also gotten a taste of the postseason and the vast array of emotions that accompany it. They have a winning chemistry.

All of the players know their roles, know the strengths of each other, and know how to win with each other. They all know when to step up and when to provide certain skills when they are needed.

For these reasons, I think that the Raptors can definitely have a better start to the season next season.
      I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
      -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
        It was a joke. He is no less ready than TRoss was after the Gay trade. Sink or Swim, same goes for Bebe.
        Ok. Fair a Enough.

Comment

Wait till that schedule comes out. I rather prefer a meh, start and then a strong finish like last season. Just look at the jays after a strong start..... We do not want to be teased early and come in the end of the season on a death spiral like the Pacers.

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
            Wait till that schedule comes out. I rather prefer a meh, start and then a strong finish like last season. Just look at the jays after a strong start..... We do not want to be teased early and come in the end of the season on a death spiral like the Pacers.

But should that ever be the case for a championship calibre team? Basketball is basketball. Every game, regardless of how lopsided the matchup may be, gives rise to a winner and loser every time. Can a team not develop a reliable consistency to stick to their principles like the Spurs do?

The Paul George-led Pacers started last season blazing hot, but by the trade deadline (and possibly due to moves made by the trade deadline), the Pacers had lost that incredible momentum and lustre, exposing their flaws and having locker-room turmoil add to the confusion.

Everyone dismisses the Spurs nowadays, not because they are bad, but because they are SO consistent in their success that their brilliance is all but guaranteed. Those guys play through their schedule, regardless of the team, regardless of the superstar, regardless of the media, and win 50-60 games a season. Can other teams not do the same?

I think that Masaii is making the right moves right now. He is methodically developing this team, and encouraging growth and hunger to grow and succeed from within. More specifically, he is encouraging the development of a consistent winning formula, one that can last and one that can grow for years to come.

Remember, the Raptors were the only team to not get blown out of any games last season. That being said, many of the losses that the Raptors conceived last year were a direct consequence of mistakes or inconsistency, whether it came from the coach or from the players. With time, this core of players will hammer out those small yet sometimes game deciding errors until they develop a ruthlessly efficient system that will make every single loss feel incomprehensible.

Pay close attention to Greg Popovich next time you watch a Spurs game. Whether the Spurs are up by 20, losing by 20, or if they will have already won or lost the game, Pop will be consistent in his mentoring of players.

It won't matter if their team is blowing out another team; if a player makes a mistake, he ensures that those guilty players are made aware of such errors. That is how he hammers out the flaws in his team.

Discipline, willingness to learn, and desire to grow and improve are all so key to character, and it is really good to see that this improved Raptors team is comprised of so many great characters. Masaii has stuck with Casey, which in turn contributes to the consistency factor. Over time, this Raptors squad and organization will only continue to rise, because with consistency, dedication, and hard work, anything is possible, whether it is in regards to basketball or anything else.
            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Raptors really beat up on sub .500 teams last season. To be a 50+ winning team they have to be able to beat any team East or West at least in the regular season. Beating any team over a seven game series is a different matter but in October who the Raptors face shouldn't be an issue.

Comment

Now that the schedule is out, can we actually get off to a good start??? I actually think our schedule is favorable and we can for once get off to a good start.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  Raptors really beat up on sub .500 teams last season. To be a 50+ winning team they have to be able to beat any team East or West at least in the regular season. Beating any team over a seven game series is a different matter but in October who the Raptors face shouldn't be an issue.
                  cleveland was one of those sub .500 teams we could consistently beat. thats no more. and even with lebron leaving miami, we'll still struggle against them too.

Comment

this guys predicting 51-31, with 8-2 through the first 10 games http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=32&t=1340981

Comment

I'm not sure what our record will be. But the More I think about it the more I feel Cleveland is going to be a mess. 4 of their starting 5 need the ball. How the fck is that going to work?

If I was building a fantasy team it'd look a lot like Cleveland. But fantasy teams don't win championships.

Raps will finish ahead of Cleveland.
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                        I'm not sure what our record will be. But the More I think about it the more I feel Cleveland is going to be a mess. 4 of their starting 5 need the ball. How the fck is that going to work?

If I was building a fantasy team it'd look a lot like Cleveland. But fantasy teams don't win championships.

Raps will finish ahead of Cleveland.
                        Agreed. This will be Howard-Nash Lakers East

Comment

Working...
                        X