• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAME #3 - Toronto Raptors 106 - Phoenix Suns 117

STARTING LINE UPS

TORONTO RAPTORS

VS PHOENIX SUNS

GAME NOTES:

• In advance of the 2019-20 Season Restart at Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, all 22 teams participating will play three scrimmages before the restart officially tips off on July 30. The Raptors will face Phoenix on Tuesday afternoon in their third and final scrimmage game. Toronto swept the 2019-20 season-series (2-0) with the Suns. Pascal Siakam averaged team highs of 35.0 points and 9.5 rebounds in the pair of victories. The Raptors have won six in a row vs. Phoenix.

• The Raptors (2-0) defeated Portland, 110-104, in their second scrimmage Sunday night. There were 11 lead changes in the first three quarters, however, Toronto never trailed after that. The Raptors outscored Portland 38-21 in the third and led 87-75 entering the final quarter. Serge Ibaka led Toronto with 19 points and six boards, while Pascal Siakam added 18 points and six rebounds in the win. Ibaka is averaging a team-high 18.5 points, while shooting .684 (13-19) from the field, through two scrimmage contests.

• Toronto’s last regular season game was Mar. 9 at Utah when the team completed a five-game Western Conference road trip. The Raptors returned home after the game and had the next day off. Players and travel staff were tested for COVID-19 the Wednesday night (Mar. 11) after the Jazz’s game at Oklahoma City was cancelled and the season was suspended. Due to travel restrictions in Canada, the team reconvened on June 22 in Fort Myers, Florida, to prepare for a resumption to the 2019-20 season. Toronto trained at Florida Gulf Coast University before arriving in Orlando.

• Toronto will begin the restart with a 3.0 game lead over Boston for second in the Eastern Conference. The Raptors are looking to capture their sixth Atlantic Division title in the last seven seasons.

• Prior to the NBA suspending the season, the Raptors (46-18, .719) were on pace to tie the single season franchise record with 59 wins. This despite their top five leading scorers all missing at least 10 games - Pascal Siakam (11), Kyle Lowry (12), Fred VanVleet (16), Norman Powell (20) and Serge Ibaka (14).

• Toronto needs four victories in its eight “seeding” games to reach 50 wins for the fifth straight season. The Raptors never won 50 games in their first 20 NBA seasons. Since the start of the 2015-16 season, Toronto’s .689 (270W-122L) winning percentage during the regular season is tops in the NBA.

• Pascal Siakam is averaging career highs of 23.6 points and 7.5 rebounds through 53 games played this season. Only two players in Raptors history have finished a season averaging at least 23.0 points and 7.0 rebounds: Chris Bosh in 2009–10 (24.0, 10.8) and Kawhi Leonard in 2018–19 (26.6, 7.3).

• The Raptors have held their opponent to fewer than 100 points in 19 games this season - most in the NBA. Toronto is 15-4 in those contests. The Raptors currently lead the NBA in points allowed per game (106.5) and opponent three-point percentage (.337) and rank second in opponent field goal percentage (.429).

• Toronto currently has a different statistical leader in total points (Pascal Siakam - 1,253), rebounds (Serge Ibaka - 414), assists (Kyle Lowry - 399), steals (Fred VanVleet - 91) and blocks (Chris Boucher - 53).
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Wow, shitty time for a game. Likely won't be watching it live.

Good thing they're only playing the Sons of Mediocrity.

Comment

I'm working from home today and the family is up at the lake. Woohoo, mid afternoon wings and beer!

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
          I'm working from home today and the family is up at the lake. Woohoo, mid afternoon wings and beer!
          You getting the Lou Williams chicken wings? Or just regular chicken wings?

Comment

Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post

You getting the Lou Williams chicken wings? Or just regular chicken wings?
            Just BBQ. I can't afford the side order that comes at Lou's Gentleman's Club

Comment

Comment

Kinda Game Day!

Comment

Hope to see more handles from OG. It's a little early but he's young and if he continues to put in work maybe he'll develop a whole new set of offensive skills

Comment

It was awesome to see OG testing out some new skills, for him to get better he has to keep on doing it. Personality wise, it seems out of character for him to be flashy and selfish, but for his development he has to get past that. It really created some great ball movement and shots.

He'll never be a fluid athlete (like Siakam), his movement is very stiff and rigid but I think he could have a great power game. His improved handles will get him better looks at the rim, and hopefully have defenders giving more space at the arc.

Comment

Generally open to day games because of the whole work from home thing, unfortunately have a meeting during the game. Yuck.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

we're getting spoiled....saturday seems so far away. Can't wait to say "go raps" for real

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                          we're getting spoiled....saturday seems so far away. Can't wait to say "go raps" for real
                          I dunno if spoiled is the right word. To me, this feels more "better than nothing" in trying global times. I really wish the season was already over and we were the 2x champs and games were played a normal scenario.

But this is...just ok..to me. I'm having a hard time getting thrilled by it, knowing how big the asterisk really is this year
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                            Generally open to day games because of the whole work from home thing, unfortunately have a meeting during the game. Yuck.
                            Re ..... Schedule

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Re ..... Schedule
                              I might do so if it were anything more than a scrimmage.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X