GAME #3 - Toronto Raptors 106 - Phoenix Suns 117

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post

I dunno if spoiled is the right word. To me, this feels more "better than nothing" in trying global times. I really wish the season was already over and we were the 2x champs and games were played a normal scenario.

But this is...just ok..to me. I'm having a hard time getting thrilled by it, knowing how big the asterisk really is this year
    I don't understand the asterisk talk. This year's championship may well be the hardest ever won.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

I don't understand the asterisk talk. This year's championship may well be the hardest ever won.
      Theres no playoff atmosphere. Its harder to travel and win a game in a rabid barn. This looks more like summer league
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Hope to see more handles from OG. It's a little early but he's young and if he continues to put in work maybe he'll develop a whole new set of offensive skills
        You have to keep in mind with OG that he missed half his last year of college development with a knew injury, played his rookie year coming off that injury, and then missed a good chunk of last year with various ailments and personal issues. This is really just his second season and he was basically a freshman coming out of NCAA. Patience is required,

And I agree his handle has looked much tighter in these exhibition games than in March. From the little I have seen (and I'm basing this on a few highlights) he's not bringing it up as high on the bounce and his posture is less upright than before. If he can attack off the dribble consistently and finish plays, he is going to make himself a lot of money.

Comment

It's not that it's easier or harder, it's that it is so much different than normal. There will always be an argument that whoever wins this year probably wouldn't have won in the normal setting, because X team would have been better, Y would have been worse etc. There is an asterisk on this year.

Comment

We rarely get to see OG get to the rim, but from what I have seen I think he needs to get better at finishing around the basket as well. Hopefully the handles allow him to get reps at the rim so he can improve.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post
              We rarely get to see OG get to the rim, but from what I have seen I think he needs to get better at finishing around the basket as well. Hopefully the handles allow him to get reps at the rim so he can improve.
              It's weird but sometimes he has no lift when he goes for layups. Dunno if it's footwork issue or what
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Meaningless game ... I expect the abundance of minutes to be distributed throughout the end of the bench today. Lots of Brissett, Dewan, Watson, Thomas and Miller.

Comment

i'm not sure it it's targeted advertising but on different twitter feeds I'm looking at, "Toronto Raptors" are trending on twitter

edit: hmmm...maybe its just that i'm reading basketball related feeds
                  Last edited by Jclaw; Tue Jul 28, 2020, 02:47 PM.

Comment

McCaw and Brissett are out
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      i'm not sure it it's targeted advertising but on different twitter feeds I'm looking at, "Toronto Raptors" are trending on twitter

edit: hmmm...maybe its just that i'm reading basketball related feeds
                      I think it's because some idiot in US used photo of Raptors bus and tried to spread fake news about how BLM uses these buses to bring people to riots.
                      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Maury wrote: View Post

It's not that it's easier or harder, it's that it is so much different than normal. There will always be an argument that whoever wins this year probably wouldn't have won in the normal setting, because X team would have been better, Y would have been worse etc. There is an asterisk on this year.
                        That's true of every other year too. Every year one team or another has an injury, or a bad matchup, or any number of other crazy things, and the team that wins out given all those things happening gets the championship. This year there is just a different set of circumstances added to all those other things that are also happening.

People will tell you there is an asterisk on the Raps' championship. Same goes for the Warriors because they got Durant. The team that wins, wins. Asterisk talk is for all the teams that fall short.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I might do so if it were anything more than a scrimmage.
                          Scrimmage. You're talking SCRIMMAGE?

TSN has replaced curling with this game, that's how big it is!

Comment

OG not starting again. Huh
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                              OG not starting again. Huh
                              At least FVV is

Comment

Chew 'em out coach! WTF all these fastbreak layups.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X