GAME #3 - Toronto Raptors 106 - Phoenix Suns 117

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S.R. wrote: View Post
    Hopefully they're just done with the scrimmages and ready for games that count.
    Final score or W/L really didn't matter but the way they lost is not confidence inspiring. Go Raps!

Comment

Pretty brutal all around. Let's hope this one doesn't cost TD minutes.

Comment

Doc wrote: View Post
        Meaningless game ... I expect the abundance of minutes to be distributed throughout the end of the bench today. Lots of Brissett, Dewan, Watson, Thomas and Miller.
        Boy was I ever wrong. Outside of the last 10 min it was mostly our main core.

Comment

Just another game dominated by the officials. Brutal to watch!

Mark and TD were the most disappointing this game, but overall not as much energy in this compared to the Portland game.

Fabs usually hold refs accountable and can influence the way the game is called. It will be interesting to see how the officiating is going forward.

Comment

My eyeballs are still bleeding a bit after watching that game. I had to actually turn it off when SJ checked in. I just couldn't take it anymore. Thank god the game didn't count.

Nobody stood out. Siakam was okay but gave the ball up too many times. Norm was having a good game until Norm-itis showed up again. TD was awful. One of his worst games ever. Fred was invisible. Marc was using up too many of Serge's minutes for him to get comfortable. Kyle couldn't will the team back and was coughing up the ball as well.

Looking forward to the real games (although they'll be kind of fake as well).

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

3 scrimmages is 1 or 2 too many anyways.
              You could see it right away that they were going through the motions. Turnovers, bad fouls, lots of gimmes missed - all signs of an unfocused and tired team.

I do think we are going to see lots of games like this though given the condensed schedule maybe more pronounced than in a normal season.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                ...TD was awful. One of his worst games ever...
                I expect one of the assistant coaches has sat down with him and gone over the video of each turnover. It looked a little like he was reading his own press clippings and trying to win the game on his own. got to value possessions. The past year he made a point of coming back much better after bad games. If he gets floor time on Saturday, I expect improved performance.

Comment

Terry II is not a primary ball handler yet. They gave him a lot of rope in this one in that role and it went poorly, but it's not a surprise that it did. He's a shooter/scorer right now. Which is absolutely fine, because if we go a single non-garbage-time minute in the playoffs with none of Lowry, Siakam or FVV on the court we deserve what we get (and frankly we should never sit both Siakam and Lowry).
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post

You could see it right away that they were going through the motions. Turnovers, bad fouls, lots of gimmes missed - all signs of an unfocused and tired team.

I do think we are going to see lots of games like this though given the condensed schedule maybe more pronounced than in a normal season.
                    It's like the last pre-season game where the primary goal is not to get anybody injured. They accomplished that.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      Terry II is not a primary ball handler yet. They gave him a lot of rope in this one in that role and it went poorly, but it's not a surprise that it did. He's a shooter/scorer right now. Which is absolutely fine, because if we go a single non-garbage-time minute in the playoffs with none of Lowry, Siakam or FVV on the court we deserve what we get (and frankly we should never sit both Siakam and Lowry).
                      Agreed!
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Who made the Jazz thread? We gotta stay with tradition and keep whoever was riding hot going into the restart.
                        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          Who made the Jazz thread? We gotta stay with tradition and keep whoever was riding hot going into the restart.
                          MixxAOR:
                          https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...020-9-00-pm-et

Comment

Was there really any doubt as to who started the "jazz' thread?

Comment

I took an L with Suns though lol
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                                I took an L with Suns though lol
                                That dont count that was just some guys out there messing around
                                To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

Working...
                                X