Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restart Game #3: Toronto Raptors vs Orlando Magic - August 5, 2020 - 8:00 PM ET

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • planetmars wrote: View Post

    Siakam had way too many turnovers. Wasn't driving to the rim and doing his patented spin away, roll to the rim. Magic have no shot blockers with Isaac not around. He could have went ham. I'm not sure if he's still needing to find that second gear or if there is an issue. Let's just hope he took a step back purposely.

    All he's been doing since the restart is shoot 3's. He's very clumsy on offense. Why is he not posting up more? the Magic don't have Isaac, they don't have any rim protectors. If the Raptors want to go deep in these playoffs, they need Siakam to be a lot more aggressive on offense.
    Mamba Mentality

    Comment


    • Jclaw wrote: View Post
      I know I said the Miami game was a sneaky big game but hear me out,,,the Boston game is a sneaky big game. After that game, the Celtics have Magic/Grizz/Wiz. That's an easy 3-0. We have Grizz/Bucks/Sixers/Nuggets. Even if we lose to the Celtics we can wrap up the 2 seed with a win over the Grizz. But that puts a lot of pressure on securing a win in the Jonas revenge game. There's not a sure win in the next three. Incidentally, we are only 2 games back of the already-clinched Lakers (with the tie breaker ). They have a similar schedule to us the rest of the way. Coach Nick mentioned he does believe in home court advantage down there. Let's get it.
      Raps just ran the Lakers off the floor, beat Miami and played a practice against the Magic and still won. Do you really think this team is going into the playoffs on a 5-game losing streak? 8-0 is more likely than that.

      Comment


      • Are game threads just going to break forever on this site? Does this keep happening for anyone else?
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

        Comment


        • The Great One wrote: View Post

          All he's been doing since the restart is shoot 3's. He's very clumsy on offense. Why is he not posting up more? the Magic don't have Isaac, they don't have any rim protectors. If the Raptors want to go deep in these playoffs, they need Siakam to be a lot more aggressive on offense.
          Based on this team's history under Nurse, my guess is that we aren't going to see Siakam doing much of anything they will be doing in the playoffs.

          Comment


          • S.R. wrote: View Post
            Are game threads just going to break forever on this site? Does this keep happening for anyone else?
            Yup same here
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

            Comment


            • One thing I thought was cool, and speaks to how smart Nurse is, was having RHJ handle the ball so much in the fourth. You want buy in from your bench guys? How much more love can you show RHJ than giving him that opportunity and doing it against the Magic costs you nothing. Anyway, thought that was a great gesture by Nurse for a lot of reasons and would suspect that it didn't go unnoticed by players and agents with both the Raps and other teams.

              Comment


              • slaw wrote: View Post

                Raps just ran the Lakers off the floor, beat Miami and played a practice against the Magic and still won. Do you really think this team is going into the playoffs on a 5-game losing streak? 8-0 is more likely than that.
                As an aggregate, 0-5 is very unlikely. But each individual game (other than the Grizz) is close to a 50/50 proposition. It's unlikely that they would lose four in a row but it's certainly possible they could lose one game four times. Also don't want to have too much riding on those last couple of games. Take care of Boston and if not, then the Grizz. Very pleased with everything the team has done thus far to get the magic number down to 1 so soon

                Comment


                • Jclaw wrote: View Post

                  As an aggregate, 0-5 is very unlikely. But each individual game (other than the Grizz) is close to a 50/50 proposition. It's unlikely that they would lose four in a row but it's certainly possible they could lose one game four times. Also don't want to have too much riding on those last couple of games. Take care of Boston and if not, then the Grizz. Very pleased with everything the team has done thus far to get the magic number down to 1 so soon
                  I just don’t think these games are close to 50/50 propositions. Toronto is the favourite in every remaining game except maybe the Bucks. Maybe.

                  Comment


                  • I was worried about Pascal before the restart. He described his time off as not leaving the house, playing video games. I don't think he was working on his game the same as other guys were.
                    It's Klaw Season. Time to hunt.

                    Comment


                    • slaw wrote: View Post
                      One thing I thought was cool, and speaks to how smart Nurse is, was having RHJ handle the ball so much in the fourth. You want buy in from your bench guys? How much more love can you show RHJ than giving him that opportunity and doing it against the Magic costs you nothing. Anyway, thought that was a great gesture by Nurse for a lot of reasons and would suspect that it didn't go unnoticed by players and agents with both the Raps and other teams.
                      It wasn't just a great gesture, actually. He did the same thing with McCaw earlier in the season, when McCaw wouldn't shoot or was bricking everything. The reason is that Nurse ideally wants 5 legitimate shooters on the court to space the floor to not allow the opposition to help off the non-shooter. If he has to play a non-shooter, then he wants to force the opposition to stop the ball. This means that the non-shooter has to be able to handle the ball and not be a total liability to turn it over.

                      Comment


                      • Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        I know I said the Miami game was a sneaky big game but hear me out,,,the Boston game is a sneaky big game. After that game, the Celtics have Magic/Grizz/Wiz. That's an easy 3-0. We have Grizz/Bucks/Sixers/Nuggets. Even if we lose to the Celtics we can wrap up the 2 seed with a win over the Grizz. But that puts a lot of pressure on securing a win in the Jonas revenge game. There's not a sure win in the next three. Incidentally, we are only 2 games back of the already-clinched Lakers (with the tie breaker ). They have a similar schedule to us the rest of the way. Coach Nick mentioned he does believe in home court advantage down there. Let's get it.
                        Meh, we're not going 0-4 to finish the seeding games. 2nd seed is essentially locked.

                        That said, Raps are shooting for 8-0. so every game is a big game in that sense.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

                        Comment


                        • S.R. wrote: View Post
                          Are game threads just going to break forever on this site? Does this keep happening for anyone else?
                          Yep.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • Gordon vs Lowry? i'm taking Lowry all day lmao.

                            Mamba Mentality

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X