Unofficial RR basketball tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial RR basketball tournament

The first official unofficial RR basketball tournament in recent memory!!!

Who: You + Whoever you bring along + Guys you don't bring along but show up anyway + Me

Where: Toronto, but where? yeah ... I don't know my around Toronto much so it'll be up to you to agree on a place with nice courts (I'll put it here after we agree on something)

When: During the weekend of the 25th to 27th of August (vote for what is doable for you as an option(s) in the poll)

How: Well, I'd say probably a 3-on-3 tourney, where we make teams when we show up

Cost: Free of course (though feel free to give me money if you feel the need)

Please vote in the poll if you are going or are maybe going and if so also for a set of dates you'd be interested in going, so as many of us as possible will show up.

We will probably finish off the day in Real Sports or somewhere, so you can bring some cash for that.
    Yes
    28.57%
    Maybe
    14.29%
    14.29%
    14.29%
    28.57%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by mike, prague; Mon Jul 28, 2014, 12:00 PM.

mike, prague wrote: View Post
    The first official unofficial RR basketball tournament in recent memory!!!

Who: You + Whoever you bring along + Guys you don't bring along but show up anyway + Me

Where: Toronto, but where? yeah ... I don't know my around Toronto much so it'll be up to you to agree on a place with nice courts (I'll put it here after we agree on something)

When: During the weekend of the 25th to 27th of August (vote for what is doable for you as an option(s) in the poll)

How: Well, I'd say probably a 3-on-3 tourney, where we make teams when we show up

Cost: Free of course (though feel free to give me money if you feel the need)

Please vote in the poll if you are going or are maybe going and if so also for a set of dates you'd be interested in going, so as many of us as possible will show up.

I know this is not the right forum for this, but I think it gets the most visits so I thought what the heck ...

Let's set it up at Michael Jordans place in Chi town. I've heard he's got a pretty sweet court in his mansion.

Comment

Okay, I'll arange my SWAT team to knock out his security crew and cameras prior to our arrival.

Comment

mike, prague wrote: View Post
        Okay, I'll arange my SWAT team to knock out his security crew and cameras prior to our arrival.
        as long as its an indoor court... xD

also will this be really competitive?
        I would like to participate but I suck

Comment

Triplethreat89 wrote: View Post
          as long as its an indoor court... xD

also will this be really competitive?
          I would like to participate but I suck
          No, no, not at all ... it will be just more for fun than for glory, fortune and fame.

It will most likely be outside, just so that is clear.

Comment

Bring the party to sketchener and I'm down haha.

But I would love to but I have no transportation to Toronto, but if we can get like a solid amount of other people I'll find a way to get there and be the last guy to make it 3 people on every team. That way there could be a legit 3 on 3 tournament with multiple teams.
            Last edited by yabadabayolo; Sun Jul 27, 2014, 10:07 AM.
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Man, I'd love to have it in Sketchener cuz I'm from there, but nobody else or very few live there and it is kinda out of the way for others/most

A multiple team 3-on-3 tournament is the goal yes, we'll divide the teams on the spot I guess though.
              Last edited by mike, prague; Sun Jul 27, 2014, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Oh come on man... make it indoor court
                unless the outdoor court is actually legit
                Ive seen too many crappy outdoor courts

If you need money to get an indoor court, I don't mind paying as long as I don't take too much of such burden

Comment

I'll see what I can do, but don't get your hopes up. I'd definitely find a good outdoor court no worries (it has the benefit that if there are too few of us, we can always add a random person who comes to the court). But I'll look into an indoor court somehow ... I just got to Canada last week and haven't been here for 6 years so I dunno ... I'm saying there's a chance.

Comment

We're going to have another tournament in October - Pics from last one here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/11801...57711030171425

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                      We're going to have another tournament in October - Pics from last one here:

https://plus.google.com/photos/11801...57711030171425
                      That sounds awesome. Now you got me wondering who's who in those pics. I can just imagine the trash talking that goes on in these games. I picture someone dribbling down the lane for a floater yelling "derozan is inefficient!" while someone swats that weak garbage screaming "he's an allstar bitch!".

Good times

Comment

If you have any ideas how to make this better please share them

Comment

I'm down for this
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

There used to be some good courts by central commerce high school
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I was thinking of one of these places.

http://www.blogto.com/sports_play/20...up_in_toronto/

What do yall think?

Comment

Working...
                              X