Restart Game # 6 Toronto at Milwaukee Monday August 10th 6:30pm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saints91 wrote: View Post
    I think Gasol should keep on playing. I think they should have a few games where they give him high usage. We're going to need him to help carry the offensive load a couple games if we want to go far. Through out the season it always seemed to be a different guy stepping up.

Other than that, we need clean up our turnovers. The 2013/2014 Spurs teams rarely made mistakes, and we were playing that way before the stoppage. The sloppy play has to stop by the second round.
    Gasol is the guy I'd be most careful with especially now that the games don't count. We absolutely need him to be able to play a lot in the playoffs, and guys have been dropping like flies re-aggravating injuries in the bubble so far.

And yeah, we've got that first round series against the Nets to use to clean up the turnovers.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

We’ve often joked that we couldn’t even field a bad garbage time team cause our 3rd stringers always played above their weight. Well at least in the pre Stanley Johnson era. Let’s let RHJ go for single coverage on Giannis and see how it goes.

Comment

Well, Giannis isn't playing today so let''s just rest all our top guys. Give TD and Powell lots of mins.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          yeah I hope for a win but realistically Nurse is going to throw this game
          Why wouldn't the Bucks throw it? They have even less to play for than the Raps

Comment

The Great One wrote: View Post
            I would sit Siakam, Lowry and Gasol in this game.
            Need to get/keep Siakam going. I'd just limit his minutes and sit him the 4Q

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Why wouldn't the Bucks throw it? They have even less to play for than the Raps
              Bucks are perfect at winning these types of games
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Giannis is out due to some dental work(?), Lowry, FVV and Ibaka are all listed as questionable
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Bucks are perfect at winning these types of games
                  Yep. Bud runs a structured system, so you can plug role players and bench guys into it and it will still perform well. Nurse runs a 'system' that relies more on high player BBIQ and spontaneous read & react, so our effectiveness drops off pretty quickly after the top 5. The idea here is that Nurse's system should be better for the playoffs when you tighten the rotations and need to make lots of adjustments. Bud just tell his players to stick with the system, just do it better and play harder.

Casey was more rigid like Bud, so maybe that's why we always had great regular season bench performance, but crap adjustments in the playoffs. With Nurse, even a high IQ guy like FVV can look really bad when he tries to lead all bench units, especially without Pascal. I don't have the numbers, but it seems like Lowry + Bench hasn't been as effective since Nurse took over.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                    Giannis is out due to some dental work(?), Lowry, FVV and Ibaka are all listed as questionable
                    I bet they're letting the superstars quietly sneak in and out of the bubble. IIRC, during the tune-up games, there was a low-key update to the bubble protocol allowing players to leave and come back quickly for "team approved medical reasons".

Comment

So Fred and Lowry are questionable? With McCaw out, that could mean lots of Rondae at the point I guess.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                        He saw my RHJ post

Comment

Honestly why not cancel all the games with nothing on the line anymore? Send the teams out home. Reduce any further chance of spread
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Honestly why not cancel all the games with nothing on the line anymore? Send the teams out home. Reduce any further chance of spread
                            They have hit a certain number of game for the TV revenue to kick in.

Comment

This is Davis’ opportunity to get out of his funk
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Should be fun to watch extended runs for the bench guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X