X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G__Deane
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    I would sit Siakam, Lowry and Gasol in this game.
    Need to get/keep Siakam going. I'd just limit his minutes and sit him the 4Q

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    yeah I hope for a win but realistically Nurse is going to throw this game
    Why wouldn't the Bucks throw it? They have even less to play for than the Raps

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    Well, Giannis isn't playing today so let''s just rest all our top guys. Give TD and Powell lots of mins.

Leave a comment:

• Jclaw
    replied
    We’ve often joked that we couldn’t even field a bad garbage time team cause our 3rd stringers always played above their weight. Well at least in the pre Stanley Johnson era. Let’s let RHJ go for single coverage on Giannis and see how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    I think Gasol should keep on playing. I think they should have a few games where they give him high usage. We're going to need him to help carry the offensive load a couple games if we want to go far. Through out the season it always seemed to be a different guy stepping up.

Other than that, we need clean up our turnovers. The 2013/2014 Spurs teams rarely made mistakes, and we were playing that way before the stoppage. The sloppy play has to stop by the second round.
    Gasol is the guy I'd be most careful with especially now that the games don't count. We absolutely need him to be able to play a lot in the playoffs, and guys have been dropping like flies re-aggravating injuries in the bubble so far.

And yeah, we've got that first round series against the Nets to use to clean up the turnovers.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    I think Gasol should keep on playing. I think they should have a few games where they give him high usage. We're going to need him to help carry the offensive load a couple games if we want to go far. Through out the season it always seemed to be a different guy stepping up.

Other than that, we need clean up our turnovers. The 2013/2014 Spurs teams rarely made mistakes, and we were playing that way before the stoppage. The sloppy play has to stop by the second round.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    I would sit Siakam, Lowry and Gasol in this game.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    yeah I hope for a win but realistically Nurse is going to throw this game

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    Tough game, but one of the commentators said it best, forgot if it was Matt or Jack. This is basically a practice game for both teams after having clinched the top 2 Playoff spots. Neither coaches will show any of their schemes. I don't think we'll see a wall or any crazy effort/strategy to shut down Giannis.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    Tmac2darak wrote: View Post

Whats going on with TD? Not looking anything like before.
    No playing time got him off rhythm and the whole no mask situation also didn't help

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    Tmac2darak wrote: View Post

Not sure but not every player is going to respond differently to this whole COVID and bubble situation. You're never home. you never get home court, you never see your family or friends. Did the NBA ever finalize bringing some companionship in for the players? Maybe he's missing the ladies

I kinda wish the Bucks game had something to play for so we got a bit of a preview.

Leave a comment:

• Tmac2darak
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post

That bench makes me sad

Leave a comment:

• Tmac2darak
    replied
    Love these early starts.
    Go Raps Go

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    I think Nurse plays everyone.. and then will use RHJ at the point again in the 4th. We just use single man to man coverage and don't show Bud any of our cards. Some guys played over 35 minutes yesterday, so I suspect a longer leash for the bench.. but I still think everyone plays.

We still need work to do on offense, and the Bucks have the best defense in the league. Not a bad game to use as a scrimmage. I think the Bucks will be trying to win this one though. Especially after they are coming off a loss against Dallas.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Maybe let Norm and Serge get a start beside three other starters to help them keep getting into their grooves, rest two starters entirely (definitely Lowry if you can convince him and Gasol), and keep the top 7 guys to 24 minutes or something. So something like this:

Start: Fred or Lowry, Norm, OG, Pascal, Ibaka
    Bench: TD, Thomas, RHJ, Boucher
    Dressed to play late: Watson Jr, SJ, Hernandez
    That bench makes me sad

Leave a comment:

Working...
X