Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    Just got Toronto'd by the schedule makers.
    Milwaukee has had the same thing done to them. Those are the two series that have been done dirty lol

With just one exception, the final game of every day will be one of the LA teams

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    Just got Toronto'd by the schedule makers.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

replied
    Lmao this series has been fully relegated...three early games in a row

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    His midrange has been brutal. He lifts too much on his shots, instead of going straight up and down. Either he is drifting left or fading away. He should be watching how Kawhi attacks the midrange shot. Or even Norm for that matter.
    He's been using the seeding games to practice new moves, and because they're new, he's not great at them yet. There are no plays being run for him, not even screens are set for him. That's by design, so he can get used to tough situations and double-teams that will sure come in the post season.

That's all fine IF he's taking the time off camera in practice to keep his traditional game sharp (spin moves, drives, transition, baby hooks, spot up corners 3's etc..). He didn't practice anything in the summer, so I believe he's honing them off camera, with many set plays that involve what he does best, and that will be deployed in the playoffs.

At least that's the hope, because if he decided to altogether let go of all his drives, paint pressure, spot up 3's, spin moves etc.. (ie all the stuff that made him MIP), in exchange for fadeway contested long 2's and static off the dribble 3's, then we're in deep doo-doo.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post

I'm hoping he (and the team) are just coasting a bit and experimenting a bit offensively here in games that don't matter too much for the Raptors. There's certainly some of that going around among the top teams. Fingers crossed we seem him going at the rim in Round 1 Game 1.
    Could be wrong, but didn't Nurse say he was going to let Siakam iso and experiment offensively during the bubble games? I'm sure more plays will be run to get Siakam easier shots during the Playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• Sonny
    replied
    I'm convinced Spicy P is saving his energy for the playoffs.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    His midrange has been brutal. He lifts too much on his shots, instead of going straight up and down. Either he is drifting left or fading away. He should be watching how Kawhi attacks the midrange shot. Or even Norm for that matter.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    I expect Siakam to struggle as first option so I can't say I'm mad

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post
    My take is as long as the traditional MIP Siakam we've come to know is on the back pocket for the playoffs, and that skillset is still being honed and maintained in practice, it's all good. If all of a sudden he lets go of that of stuff and is now onto just contested fadeaways from iso's and static off-the-dribble 3's, then we're in trouble.
    I'm hoping he (and the team) are just coasting a bit and experimenting a bit offensively here in games that don't matter too much for the Raptors. There's certainly some of that going around among the top teams. Fingers crossed we seem him going at the rim in Round 1 Game 1.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    I like that Siakam is trying to expand his game and hone his pull up 3's, midrange jumpers. etc, but that also comes with a drawback; We're seeing less of his drives, spin moves and overall offensive pressure in the paint. That's where he's at his best. Those are skills and muscle memories he only recently developed. You gotta keep honing them so you don't regress them.

My take is as long as the traditional MIP Siakam we've come to know is on the back pocket for the playoffs, and that skillset is still being honed and maintained in practice, it's all good. If all of a sudden he lets go of that of stuff and is now onto just contested fadeaways from iso's and static off-the-dribble 3's, then we're in trouble.

There's a balance to be found between hiding stuff till the playoffs, and using it now in real game situations so it doesn't feel unnatural coming playoff time.
    Last edited by inthepaint; Wed Aug 12, 2020, 03:21 PM.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    The offense has been bad. Sikam is rarely getting into the paint. Our transition offense seemed non existent. We weren't shooting that well early on, and took turns into who was going to help us win a game (Lowry against LA, Fred against Miami, etc). It took a few games for Norm to get a bit of his groove back. Serge's minutes were off.. he didn't get to play with Lowry for much of his time which hurts his game. We were very sloppy. Kyle had 9 turnovers that one game. Siakam was very turnover prone. Plus SJ got a lot of 4th quarter minutes. Also our bubble schedule was one of the toughest in the league.

And of course the Celtics game was an utter disaster.

I like that we play Brooklyn for at least 4 games. They have a paper soft defense. We can get some guys comfortable and rolling going into round two. I like that Fred won't be shell shocked right away with long defenders. If he has his groove early it will really help everyone.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    The other good news about that best-defence, worst-ish offence tweet is that we are about 8 points below the average bubble offence, and in a group of 4 teams with nearly identical ratings (including the Lakers and Thunder). On defence, we are 7 points better than the 2nd place team, and 11 points better than the average.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    The Great One wrote: View Post
    2nd worst offense? I really hope Nurse has something up his sleeve come playoff time.

It's not a meaningful sample size. Most teams will manage to be a bottom 10 offence for one 6 game stretch or another during the season. Especially considering how the main driver of that low ORTG is our extremely high turnover rate, which I think has more to do with how little the team has cared about execution, and is just trying stuff out during the bubble. We're up 3 turnovers per 100 possessions in the bubble compared to the rest of the regular season.

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post

Really just LeVert. Harris is just another Fournier/Redick/Korver. Just a guy who can shoot. We have experience with those guys and have prevailed.
    Agreed, but I just threw Harris in there because he could get hot and nail 3s in bunches just enough for the Nets to steal a game.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X