Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Fields play in the NBA after this contract?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH
    replied
    JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
    How much of a contract does a player get? For example Lowry at $12M per, how many goes to taxes, and all that?
    Usually between 35-40% goes to taxes, depending where the player plays.

Leave a comment:

• JordanMariam14
    replied
    How much of a contract does a player get? For example Lowry at $12M per, how many goes to taxes, and all that?

Leave a comment:

replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    The Summer Three.
    No, the Ultimate Summer Three.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    Hopefully Chuck Hayes is somewhere working on his running double clutch 3pt shot.
    The Summer Three.

Leave a comment:

• godkingleonidas
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    This is Field's contract year. If he plays like he did last season or worse than I don't think it will be easy for him to find another contract and that could be why he's participating in that TV show so that he has options outside of basketball. If he improves and played closer to his rookie year than I could definitely see him getting another contract.

It also depends on what he'd be willing to play for. If he is okay with a short term minimum style contract than teams will take a flyer on him as a 15th spot on their roster. Lots of teams prefer veterans over rookies.. I could see him going back to NY for example.
    He's worth about 1-year 400,000/year deal.

http://www.si.com/nba/point-forward/...salary-players
    Last edited by godkingleonidas; Fri Aug 1, 2014, 10:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• OptimalOptimist
    replied
    Hopefully Chuck Hayes is somewhere working on his running double clutch 3pt shot.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    This is Field's contract year. If he plays like he did last season or worse than I don't think it will be easy for him to find another contract and that could be why he's participating in that TV show so that he has options outside of basketball. If he improves and played closer to his rookie year than I could definitely see him getting another contract.

It also depends on what he'd be willing to play for. If he is okay with a short term minimum style contract than teams will take a flyer on him as a 15th spot on their roster. Lots of teams prefer veterans over rookies.. I could see him going back to NY for example.

Leave a comment:

• godkingleonidas
    replied
    I've seen a few criticisms this offseason about "Why isn't player X working out???" Just because we hear somebody's doing Drew League, a couple guys are training together, or somebody's working out for a week with a HoF'er - it doesn't mean all the rest of the guys are sitting at home eating bags of Cheetohs. Sheesh. Especially the scrubs. Who do you think is lining up to write Landry Fields offseason training update columns? Nobody.
    Exactly. His offseason training updates were written by a nobody.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Great reply. Love the last line.
    Agreed. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    I...Arguments from silence are never a good idea.
    Great reply. Love the last line.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
    I know about the nerve damage. I also know that Patrick Patterson had a similar elbow injury last season. I know that instead of rehabbing & altering his shot to compensate for his injury, he's dressing up like MC Hammer/Lionel Richie/Nicki Minaj and doing covers of pop songs on TV. Check him out @ his twitter, vine & Instagram accounts. I don't think it's unfair to suggest that he's not working hard enough to overcome his condition. He seems quite content to cash his checks, ride the pine & coast through life.
    I've seen a few criticisms this offseason about "Why isn't player X working out???" Just because we hear somebody's doing Drew League, a couple guys are training together, or somebody's working out for a week with a HoF'er - it doesn't mean all the rest of the guys are sitting at home eating bags of Cheetohs. Sheesh. Especially the scrubs. Who do you think is lining up to write Landry Fields offseason training update columns? Nobody.

Even so, here's Landry on keeping up with basketball while filming that tv show during the offseason:
    "As the weeks went on for it I had to get back to my training routine for basketball so I was working out before filming and then I’d film and drive back to the same workout place and get another workout in. It was pretty long days."
    "It was a lot of fun. It was something new, something out of the basketball element which, for a lot of guys, basketball doesn’t last forever. In fact, for nobody does it last forever. It was just something I wanted to do and try. It was a short while, it was perfect timing with the season ending and me having some downtime so I figured why not. Why not try it?"
    http://www.nba.com/raptors/holly-blog/mackenzie_053014

The guy also got married this month - maybe shoulda been shooting free throws instead? And per your suggestion, I checked his Instagram. Found he had a baby last August and still got out to play some summer league at Rucker Park and has another pick-up shot, all from the same month.

These guys train. Assuming how much or how often, especially for scrubs, is pure speculation. Arguments from silence are never a good idea.
    Last edited by S.R.; Fri Aug 1, 2014, 01:28 AM.

Leave a comment:

• godkingleonidas
    replied
    Puffer wrote: View Post
    Did you miss the part of the thread where it talked about nerve damage, two operations, and recovery time?

What do you think Fields should have done to improve his performance...not had the injury? WTF.
    I know about the nerve damage. I also know that Patrick Patterson had a similar elbow injury last season. I know that instead of rehabbing & altering his shot to compensate for his injury, he's dressing up like MC Hammer/Lionel Richie/Nicki Minaj and doing covers of pop songs on TV. Check him out @ his twitter, vine & Instagram accounts. I don't think it's unfair to suggest that he's not working hard enough to overcome his condition. He seems quite content to cash his checks, ride the pine & coast through life.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    You claimed that he is a dime a dozen but didn't name a single player with the same skill set as him.
    I would like to submit some names off the top of my head; all under the high IQ, solid D, good teammates skill set.

Dante Cunningham - guards the 3/4 (bit of a tweeter but a solid defender at both).

Lou Amundson - plays the 4 more, but same skill set.

Matt Barnes - little more offence and money, but similar mold albeit aggressor

Toney Douglas - guard

Alan Anderson - less D, more O

Andrei Kirilenko

PJ Tucker - late bloomer but the Suns had him cheap until this offseason (plus he's a former Raptor draft pick)

James Johnson - less IQ but more athleticism than most

Gerald Henderson - more shooting than most on here

Jeff Taylor

I'd even throw Quincy Acy on the list.

Leave a comment:

• Puffer
    replied
    godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
    Fields has done nothing in the last three offseasons to improve his performance/increase his trade value. He's the american Bargnani.
    Did you miss the part of the thread where it talked about nerve damage, two operations, and recovery time?

What do you think Fields should have done to improve his performance...not had the injury? WTF.

Leave a comment:

• godkingleonidas
    replied
    Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I hope so. Maybe a one or two year contract from a team hoping he regains form and willing to take the risk.

However if the Feilds we see now is the one he's going to be for the rest of his career then you could probably find someone in the D-League that can do the same but provide more offense. Alan Anderson comes to mind as someone from D-League which gives you more than Feilds does right now.
    Fields has done nothing in the last three offseasons to improve his performance/increase his trade value. He's the american Bargnani.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X