Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Restart Game #8 Nuggets at Raptors Friday August 14th 1:30pm on TSN1 (Get used to those afternoon start times)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    Watson has a good complimentary game and can do a little bit of everything. Not sure where he fits on this team going forward but definitely looks like he belongs.
    Undrafted in his mid 20s?
    Hard worker, professional?
    Around 6'6-6'8 and athletic?
    Nice guy, good character?
    Rico Hines trained?

Yep, checks all the Masai boxes. By next year he's a rotation guy that has NBA saying "where did they find THIS one?"

“Just figuring out my niche,” Watson said. “Talking with Coach Nurse and a lot of the assistants, the guys, I feel like my role for the team will keep me in the NBA. Being a hard worker, doing what’s asked of me night in and night out.”

“Playing defense, rebounding and being an all-around good guy,” Watson said. “Those are needed around the locker room. Just continuing to do whatever is asked of me night in and night out and do it a high level, I feel I’ll be perfectly fine and I’ll figure out a way to stick (in the NBA).”
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• lmao this Pistons fan haaaaates Stanley
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Did a rewatch.. fun game actually. SJ and Watson were a blast. SJ is getting really comfortable. Still had 5 turnovers (two offensive fouls I believe). Got comfortable shooting. Watson is looking good too. Can be a bit erratic but he can become a rotational player in a couple of seasons. Really impressed with his rebounding. He ended up with 6 boards but he looked like he was always in the thick of things.

Terrence had a good first half. Sort of sucked in the second half. He's good when he's just in the flow. Feels like he's overthinking things too much some times, and he settles for bad shots or gets tunnel vision. Hernandez looked worse today then yesterday. I don't really see anything in him.. but he's a big, and he's only played a bit. Boucher looked energetic again. I thought Rondae had a solid game. Matt hit a few shots early. Ended up with 12 in 6 shots. His defense was pretty good.

Love that we got the 2nd seed overall. It's sort of meaningless in the small picture, but it's another feather in the cap for Masai. Have they started building a statue yet?

Oh and Vonleh is terrible. Him getting hit in the head with the ball by his own player was hilarious. I remember when some guys were hoping we picked him or traded for him to be our center of the future. Glad that never happened.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          Paul Watson is the next FVV. You heard it here first. He is a good one. People used to mock me here for saying VV >>> Wright. Well?

I'm gonna say it now. Watson >> Davis.
          KeonClark wrote: View Post

Undrafted in his mid 20s?
          Hard worker, professional?
          Around 6'6-6'8 and athletic?
          Nice guy, good character?
          Rico Hines trained?

Yep, checks all the Masai boxes. By next year he's a rotation guy that has NBA saying "where did they find THIS one?"

Watson is an underrated, under-the-radar player that could be a hidden gem a solid rotation player in a year or two, if given the opportunity and is carefully developed in the intricacies of team defence.

Rico Hines who has a great eye for player potential and development spoke highly of him earlier this year.
          https://theathletic.com/1824394/2020...aul-watson-jr/

What I see from this seat is a kid with very good fundamentals, fast & explosive, makes good decisions, can handle the ball very well, shoot the 3, and is sound rebounder and defender for his position. Felt through the cracks on the draft, but has tons of upside, and the raptors development program is the perfect place for him.

I don't say that just from this game, I've been watching him on the 905 from time to time and the kid can hoop. He finished 2nd and MIP voting on the G-league and made huge strides this year. Nurse sees it too:

https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/1294369455791910913

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
            Paul Watson is the next FVV. You heard it here first. He is a good one. People used to mock me here for saying VV >>> Wright. Well?

I'm gonna say it now. Watson >> Davis.
            Man, I’m rooting for both of them. Gotta love Watson, though. 2-way athletic wings are the key to the NBA these days.

Comment

• https://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/nba/raptors-rookie-paul-watson-harnessing-lessons-unorthodox-nba-path/

Over his two seasons with Westchester, Watson built a reputation as a determined, energetic defender who merely spaced the floor at the offensive end. But when he joined the 905, the Raptors challenged him to assume more of a primary scorer’s role, one he hadn’t filled since high school. During his college career, Watson never averaged more than 9.6 attempts per game. Westchester ran even less offence through him. But the Raptors thought there was untapped potential in there.

cool article about Watson from earlier in the season. Pretty crazy from Raps to look at a kid who was always a role player on every level and give him motivation and confidence that he's more than that.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• we're sort of avoiding the elephant in the room here....Stanley has a player option next year! But, to paraphrase what Wolstat tweeted, it's nice to see. One of the only frustrating things this year was knowing we would be stuck with him next year. That and the pandemic.

Comment

• Sadly as long as Masai is here. We're going to end up being the farm club for the NBA. Not everyone of these kids can stay.

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
                    Sadly as long as Masai is here. We're going to end up being the farm club for the NBA. Not everyone of these kids can stay.
                    Yeah it really sucks, having too many good players
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Yeah it really sucks, having too many good players
                      Best problem ever
                      OG is our king

Comment

• consmap wrote: View Post

Best problem ever
                        Just ahead of having too much scarf, 2nd best problem ever
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Just ahead of having too much scarf, 2nd best problem ever
                            👍👍👍

Comment

Working...
                            X