Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stooley wrote: View Post
    t-mac wasn't even good when he played here
    His last season was good, and probably was the best SF season for the Raps, but he is definitely inflated due to his post-Raps career success.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

WTF with not even knowing how to spell the names of your "all-time greatest" Raptors in a couple of these comments. I'd like to see Celtics fans argue for Lahry Burd over Majik Jonsone while Bulls fans tell us all why Mikael Johdan is so much better than Labrohn Jaimes.

Pick the first or last name, but when writing about Damon Stoudamire please get at least one of them right.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

PG:Kyle/ Damon / Jarett
        SG:Vince / DeMar / Anthony Parker
        SF:T-Mac / Gay / Mo Pete
        PF:Bosh / Bargs / Amir
        C:Hakeem / Antonio / Jonas
        Nevermind what haters say,
        ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
          PG: Damon Stoudamire/Alvin Williams/Kyle Lowry
          SG: Vince Carter/DeMar DeRozan/Anthony Parker
          SF: Tracy McGrady/Morris Peterson/Rudy Gay or Doug Christie
          PF: Chris Bosh/Amir Johnson/Jorge Garbajosa
          C: Hakeem Olajuwon/Antonio Davis/Marcus Camby

This one seems better though..

PG: Marcus Banks/Quincy Douby
          SG: Gary Forbes/Jason Kapono
          SF: Joey Graham/Hedo Turkoglu
          PF: Joey Dorsey/Kris Humphries
          C: Rafael Aruajo/Patrick O'Bryant
          what the HELL bro
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

While this thread is looking for a squad of best players, I'd like to break ranks and give only 2 trophies
            • Vince Carter for best overall player
            • Tmac for greatest lost potential

Can't believe some names I saw. And the Bench parts coming into play. If they're great players, they ain't Bench guys - 6th man types exempted. It may be semantics, but great still has a true meaning.

One could add Bosh. And to a lesser stats perspective - Jose Calderon. Someone who I think could win the award for prevailing so long in the face of management not believing.

And when it comes to specific moments in Raptors limited history that stand out, there's that one day which seems to define Raptors luck. On March 26, 2007, Jorge Garbajosa went down with a nasty injury - one that would change a selected 2007 All Star rookie (along with Bargnani) for the rest of his career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag_fQ1EyhXk

Great ... [adjective] .... of an extent, amount, or intensity considerably above the normal or average
            The Joeys certainly don't qualify for that.

Comment

PG - Lowry
              SG - VC
              SF - Gay
              PF- Bosh
              C- JV

bench: Calderon, Derozan, Tmac, Amir Johnson, Antonio Davis.

Comment

1. Vinsanity
                2. Air Canada
                3. VC15
                4. Half-man/Half-Amazing
                5. Vincent Lamar Carter

Comment

RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
                  While this thread is looking for a squad of best players, I'd like to break ranks and give only 2 trophies
                  • Vince Carter for best overall player
                  • Tmac for greatest lost potential

Can't believe some names I saw. And the Bench parts coming into play. If they're great players, they ain't Bench guys - 6th man types exempted. It may be semantics, but great still has a true meaning.

One could add Bosh. And to a lesser stats perspective - Jose Calderon. Someone who I think could win the award for prevailing so long in the face of management not believing.

And when it comes to specific moments in Raptors limited history that stand out, there's that one day which seems to define Raptors luck. On March 26, 2007, Jorge Garbajosa went down with a nasty injury - one that would change a selected 2007 All Star rookie (along with Bargnani) for the rest of his career.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag_fQ1EyhXk

The Joeys certainly don't qualify for that.

Your rant just skims over the fact that nowhere in the OP does it ask for great, or greatest players. Best players by position. No need to quote the dictionary for a word that is never asked for.

If the question was who are the greatest players to ever play for the Raps, then the list is short (and no, Jose doesn't belong on it). Hakeem, Vince, T-Mac, Bosh. That is likely it, although Mark Jackson and Peja Stojakovic would deserve consideration.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    WTF with not even knowing how to spell the names of your "all-time greatest" Raptors in a couple of these comments. I'd like to see Celtics fans argue for Lahry Burd over Majik Jonsone while Bulls fans tell us all why Mikael Johdan is so much better than Labrohn Jaimes.

Pick the first or last name, but when writing about Damon Stoudamire please get at least one of them right.
                    Ask Laker fans to spell Earvin 'Magic' Johnson's name, or Heat fans for Dwyane Wade's name.

Damon StoudAmire got screwed when Amare StoudEmire became a bigger name than him.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                      Ask Laker fans to spell Earvin 'Magic' Johnson's name, or Heat fans for Dwyane Wade's name.

Damon StoudAmire got screwed when Amare StoudEmire became a bigger name than him.
                      I just realized why Midey Mause is your avatar.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                        I just realized why Midey Mause is your avatar.
                        He was my hero. For me in grade school it was Grant Hill and him. Jordan was a complete tier below those two for me.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                          He was my hero. For me in grade school it was Grant Hill and him. Jordan was a complete tier below those two for me.
                          Grant Hill Pistons highlights!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGmULtF91Y8

I hope the choke slam and the dunk in 'Zo's face were in the same game. I hate 'Zo. Forever.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                            Your rant just skims over the fact that nowhere in the OP does it ask for great, or greatest players. Best players by position. No need to quote the dictionary for a word that is never asked for.

If the question was who are the greatest players to ever play for the Raps, then the list is short (and no, Jose doesn't belong on it). Hakeem, Vince, T-Mac, Bosh. That is likely it, although Mark Jackson and Peja Stojakovic would deserve consideration.
                            In some respects - you're right. It was a bit of a rant.

But the truth is, the main headline says "name the best Raptors of all time .... by position ... peak season". Which is a fair enough follow-up. My problem is that Raptors can't fill all the Starting positions. You're right, Jose should not be on the list. That's my mistake, letting a soft spot for the guy affect my choice. Reality is ... fielding all the spots is a struggle for this team, if homerism is put aside.

When it comes to position by position, after SG--SF--PF (Carter .. Bosh) ... I begin to draw a blank. Either I forgot someone, or I just don't see greatness in anybody else. Lowry is capable of it, although we need to see multiple years. Jonas is who I see as becoming great. Possibly more dominating then Vince Carter ever was - although that is a tall order.

Despite trying to have a little fun and go off the road, this question is not easy to handle. Too little history has expired. For the most part, Raptor lore is still drawing itself.

All this aside, I had a weird thought during the recent (and never-ending it seems) Wiggins saga and his potential trade to Minny. Got to wonder if Raptors could make a trade, and knowing that it has to be a top player on Toronto, who might that player be, if Wiggins was coming back the other way.

Comment

You continue to completely miss the point. Best Raptor by position doesn't need to be qualified against any players who played for other teams. It doesn't matter that the Raps haven't had a star PG or C yet. Who's the best they've had is the question.

You continue to go on about greatness but that is irrelevant to the topic. Yes, it would be nice if the Raps had more history and more great players but pining for a better history is useless. Our history belongs to us, both the good and bad. Reflect on it, accept it and answer the OP question without all this BS that isn't relevant.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                                Our history belongs to us, both the good and bad.
                                +1
                                i remember those 2 good years.
                                hopefully our present is a continuation of the recent past.

i also think enough time has passed for lowry. he played the entire year here unlike gay, who i don't understand how he is getting votes because mcgradys' last season here was great.

great players at pg if you are looking career then damon is there. western conference finalist starter, almost a starter his whole career. very very good player. would have chosen him if lowry didn't play out of his mind this year.

antonio was an allstar level center for us, so what is your definition of great?

anyone here not hate alonzo?

Comment

Working...
                                X