PG - Hedo Turkaglu
    SG - Hedo Turkaglu
    SF - Hedo Turkaglu
    PF - Hedo Turkaglu
    C - Hedo Turkaglu

Leave a comment:

• white men can't jump
    replied
    Comparing Hedo to Peja is completely ridiculous. I don't care what numbers you use to make the comparison. Seems to me Letter N is really underrating Peja, seemingly because he happened to play on a stacked team with 2 great passing big men.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Letter N wrote: View Post
    Option 4, you don't know jack about ball if you're saying Peja Stojakovich was better than T-Mac at any point. Option 5 you just looked up some stats and tried to be different by comparing the THIRD OPTION on a stacked team with 2 of the best passing big men in the era to a perennial MVP candidate.

Also Hedo's 07-08 is right in line with Peja's best. You remember 07-08 for Hedo, when he was the 3rd option on a team with 2 big men that drew double teams. Or you probably don't, maybe you should go look up numbers about it.
    Haha are you stupid or just trying to be aggravating?

My posts never said Peja was better than T Mac. I said the gap wasn't as large as people think. You undervalue Peja. He wasn't the 3rd option at all, he led the team in scoring that year. So stop being a dummy and educate yourself.

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    Axel wrote: View Post
    No I'm not out of my mind. Peja was an allstar and was considered one of the best shooters in that era. He was an elite 3 point shooter, something T-Mac never was. If you were having a lineup with Vince, Lowry, Bosh and Davis, I do think that Peja's outside shooting would make better sense to start, with McGrady in the 6th man role. Peja would create space and operate off the ball, allowing Vince and Lowry to have the ball. McGrady could come off the bench and operate with the ball.

I never said that Peja was better than T-Mac, I merely pointed out that the gap isn't nearly as big as people think. Peja's prime was on a west coast team 10 years ago, how many RR fans were staying up to watch the Kings (or were even old enough to stay up that late)? T-Mac has stronger history with this team and probably gets rose coloured glasses when we think of him.

Hedo comment is a bit off. Are you insinuating that one tall European is the same as another? Or do you honestly believe Hedo was nearly as good as Peja? Option 3 is that you're just being a jerk.
    Option 4, you don't know jack about ball if you're saying Peja Stojakovich was better than T-Mac at any point. Option 5 you just looked up some stats and tried to be different by comparing the THIRD OPTION on a stacked team with 2 of the best passing big men in the era to a perennial MVP candidate.

Also Hedo's 07-08 is right in line with Peja's best. You remember 07-08 for Hedo, when he was the 3rd option on a team with 2 big men that drew double teams. Or you probably don't, maybe you should go look up numbers about it.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Letter N wrote: View Post
    Are you out of your mind???

T-Mac led the league in scoring and was an MVP candidate along with being one of the top defensive perimeter players in the league, on a team that he led.

Peja was the 3rd guy on a stacked Kings team.

Jesus, why don't we just throw Hedo in that slot then.
    No I'm not out of my mind. Peja was an allstar and was considered one of the best shooters in that era. He was an elite 3 point shooter, something T-Mac never was. If you were having a lineup with Vince, Lowry, Bosh and Davis, I do think that Peja's outside shooting would make better sense to start, with McGrady in the 6th man role. Peja would create space and operate off the ball, allowing Vince and Lowry to have the ball. McGrady could come off the bench and operate with the ball.

I never said that Peja was better than T-Mac, I merely pointed out that the gap isn't nearly as big as people think. Peja's prime was on a west coast team 10 years ago, how many RR fans were staying up to watch the Kings (or were even old enough to stay up that late)? T-Mac has stronger history with this team and probably gets rose coloured glasses when we think of him.

Hedo comment is a bit off. Are you insinuating that one tall European is the same as another? Or do you honestly believe Hedo was nearly as good as Peja? Option 3 is that you're just being a jerk.

Leave a comment:

• Letter N
    replied
    I agree that T Mac was better but I think their prime seasons were both spectacular. Many people forget how good Peja was.

I choose their best seasons as their 6th season each. Each played about 40mpg and while McGrady was more spectacular, Peja was more efficient.

McGrady scored 32ppg on 46% shooting and taking 24 shots per game. He also added 6 rebound and 5 assist.

Peja scored 24 while hitting 43% from deep and 7 less shots per game. He also added 6 rebounds per game.

If you were making a starting 5, Peja's shooting would be huge.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...ratr01&y2=2003.

Are you out of your mind???

T-Mac led the league in scoring and was an MVP candidate along with being one of the top defensive perimeter players in the league, on a team that he led.

Peja was the 3rd guy on a stacked Kings team.

Jesus, why don't we just throw Hedo in that slot then.

Leave a comment:

• JimiCliff
    replied
    I agree that T Mac was better but I think their prime seasons were both spectacular. Many people forget how good Peja was.

I choose their best seasons as their 6th season each. Each played about 40mpg and while McGrady was more spectacular, Peja was more efficient.

McGrady scored 32ppg on 46% shooting and taking 24 shots per game. He also added 6 rebound and 5 assist.

Peja scored 24 while hitting 43% from deep and 7 less shots per game. He also added 6 rebounds per game.

Good point.

If I wanted to make the best possible lineup, I might go

C - Hakeem
    PF - Bosh
    SF - Peja
    SG - Vince

and then

PG - McGrady

In his prime, McGrady was quick and long enough that he'd be able to keep up with a lot of PGs defensively, and then on the other end, the matchup would be a nightmare. And if the other team had a real ballhawk at the point give him trouble bringing it up the court, he could always just throw it over to Vince, who was always decent at initiating the offence.
    Last edited by JimiCliff; Sat Aug 2, 2014, 01:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    from up above peja and mcgrady in their primes weren't even close.

Last edited by Axel; Sat Aug 2, 2014, 12:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Miekenstien
    replied
    Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    I'd take mr. Big shot. Dude was a leader his entire career. I could see him being the next player turned coach In the league. He's that good
    meh, i don't like his face. watching him play when he was on the raptors with his mouth always curved up. i would still take damon over him also. those were some really good portland teams he played on.

from up above peja and mcgrady in their primes weren't even close.

Leave a comment:

• yabadabayolo
    replied
    basstreblevol wrote: View Post

Now Billups vs Stoudamire both in their prime...that's a tough one.
    I'd take mr. Big shot. Dude was a leader his entire career. I could see him being the next player turned coach In the league. He's that good

Leave a comment:

• basstreblevol
    replied
    True. Forgot about Chauncey.
    I had Chauncey on my initial list but put Stoudamire down because he had a few REALLY GOOD seasons (maybe biased because he was playing for Toronto at the time) while Billups was consistently great throughout his career and is a much more accomplished player.

Now Billups vs Stoudamire both in their prime...that's a tough one.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    planetmars wrote: View Post
    Billups was the best PG to ever play for the Raptors if you consider players that were successful for other teams. Billups was a 5 time allstar, and a finals MVP.

Mark Jackson was a rookie of the year and made only one all-star team.
    True. Forgot about Chauncey.

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    Billups was the best PG to ever play for the Raptors if you consider players that were successful for other teams. Billups was a 5 time allstar, and a finals MVP.

Mark Jackson was a rookie of the year and made only one all-star team.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    basstreblevol wrote: View Post
    If I were to build the BEST Raptors of all time at the peaks of their careers (regardless of which team they were on when they peaked)

PG - Damon Stoudamire
    SG - Vince Carter
    SF - Tracy McGrady
    PF - Chris Bosh
    C - Hakeem Olajuwon

...we could've been great
    Now that's an interesting spin. Can't argue with any spots but i would want to see how Mark Jackson in his prime stats compared to Stoudamire. Same with Peja and T-Mac (I assume T-Mac would have the edge).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X