No announcement yet.

2020 Playoffs Round 1 Game 2 Nets at Raptors Wednesday August 19 1:30pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Playoffs Round 1 Game 2 Nets at Raptors Wednesday August 19 1:30pm on TSN

Have you ever done one of those Nike Running Club runs where the coach spurs you on as you go?
    Whatever the run, he always seems to point out that runners are notorious for slacking off in the third quarter of the run.
    I guess that's ok if the rest of your run is built out of...

That may lead to some long term problems

But for now, let's just enjoy today
    And personally, I am proud to join the legion of posters who have authored a first round game one victory thread.
    Hey DanH.

With all the talk going around you'd forget that we won half our game one's last year.
    Add one more to the list

Now, could i join the even more elite list of posters who started game 1 and 2 victoriously?
    I'd sure like to say "Hey DanH" again

To do it, the Raps will have to get up nice and early.
    But, as we saw from some super cute player into's, a lot of these guys are used to having kids get them up early.
    Well done Raptors PR on that one.

Hard to get a complete read on that game.

We blew them out...but they got the lead down to 8...but we blew them out some more...but we had to hit 50% from three and double the Nets in free throws

But I guess this was a bit prophetic

Last night it was 7 who got 11 points or more

But whoever is scoring, we know who's really the man behind the curtain

Try a dash of Matt Thomas. Didn't score much but gave that much desired "gravity". Need some energy. Here's a bit ot TD2
    I think it was one of our own that inspired some praise on national tv

Let's see what the Raps will face for game 2

PG

SG

(this works on 2 levels)

SF

PF

Let's take a minute here to appreciate the Sixers
    Consider this report from NBC Sports Philadelphia from 2018

"The Sixers were involved in a trade with Carmelo Anthony.

Exhale, Sixers fans, Anthony is not coming here. Instead, Anthony is being shipped to the Hawks — who will likely waive the veteran forward — with a 2022 protected first-round pick for point guard Dennis Schroder, according to a report Thursday by ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski. The Sixers in turn will send Timothe Luwawu-Cabarrot to the Thunder and Justin Anderson to the Hawks to acquire Atlanta’s Mike Muscala, a source confirmed to NBC Sports Philadelphia's John Clark.

So,
    a) Melo is now a core part of an upstart Blazers team
    b) Schroeder is a key guard on a surprising OKC team
    c) Muscala is now on that same OKC team after he was traded as part of the package for max player Tobias Harris
    d) TLC went off for 26 points going 6/9 from three on the first day of the 2020 playoffs
    e) Justin Anderson even hit a three in the same game

and now the Sixers have no ball handlers or shooting
    end of story...for now

C
    for the first round I wanted to be pretty nice with the Nets pics
    then they made us briefly sweat a game 1 curse
    So I thought for this one i would use a combo pic of Jared from Subway and Woody Allen
    but...nobody needs to see that
    instead I'll go with

So now that we've checked off game one, as a wise one once said, let's get two.
    Get your mind out of the gutter...I wasn't talking about Kawhi, it's was this one

Let's go get it

Go Raps

Come on Raps. Don't let up
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Jclaw bringing it.

Comment

I for one am hoping that a few games from now you've well and surpassed the "Hey DanH" part of your career and are ensconced in RR lore with our first sweep.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
          I for one am hoping that a few games from now you've well and surpassed the "Hey DanH" part of your career and are ensconced in RR lore with our first sweep.
          This wasn't legendary enough? High standards, man.

https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/f...sn#post1303436

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

JClaw is elite. my god

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Oh, JClaw is an absolute legend. I'm just hoping he adds that sweep to the list and can make the game 1/2 wins he referenced in his post an irrelevant footnote.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Game 2 will be the TSN turning point of the series. Drop it and it given them a faint glimmer of hope.
                Take it convincingly and it snuffs exactly that, out ....

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Oh, JClaw is an absolute legend. I'm just hoping he adds that sweep to the list and can make the game 1/2 wins he referenced in his post an irrelevant footnote.
                  JClaw and Mixx the game thread GOATs (honorary mention to Goldblum)
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post
                    Game 2 will be the TSN turning point of the series. Drop it and it given them a faint glimmer of hope.
                    Take it convincingly and it snuffs exactly that, out ....
                    Even if we win game 2 (and we will).. still think game 3 is the decider. Nobody comes back 3-0. Plenty of teams come back 2-0 (like the Raptors did against the Bucks last season)

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Even if we win game 2 (and we will).. still think game 3 is the decider. Nobody comes back 3-0. Plenty of teams come back 2-0 (like the Raptors did against the Bucks last season)
                      yeah I have to agree. Traditionally gentlement sweep was always win first 3 and lose game 4 and wrap it up in 5. But I hope they just get it over with.

Comment

Bring it home JClaw.

Bucks coming back against Magic

Comment

007 wrote: View Post

JClaw and Mixx the game thread GOATs (honorary mention to Goldblum)
                          Jclaw and Mixx def the GRROATs

I didn’t even make the playoff rotation last year thanks to some rough regular season outings.

Think I might be second or thereabouts in regular season wins this year though, so I'm looking for that MiP when my time comes.

That said, we may never lose again. I'm hoping for 16 straight from Jclaw.

Comment

Not that I want him in the rotation. I like him as the 15th man. But any updates on McCaw?

Comment

Magic about to take a COMMANDING 1-0 SERIES LEAD over Bucks. .... well maybe

Comment

Working...
                              X