2020 Playoffs Round 1 Game 2 Nets at Raptors Wednesday August 19 1:30pm on TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.R. wrote: View Post

I think the Boston challenge will be they're much less flawed than the other contenders. Lack of rim protection and inside bigs is about it. Their perimeter defence is very good and Toronto's scoring mostly comes from perimeter players - several of them undersized while Boston's guys are long. They're probably the toughest matchup challenge for Toronto.
    The Sixers D is abysmal! The Raps have the personal to slow down Tatum, Brown and Kemba. I'm not scared of Smart or the rest of their supporting cast. I think we have an edge over them without Hayward. That injury helps us big time. OG and Pascal can slow down Tatum and shutdown Brown, Fred and Kyle have Kemba.

They do have the length to slow down Fred and Kyle and Smart is an excellent defender. Serge, Gasol and Siakam have to feast. Then our bench has to trample theirs.

We got this.

Comment

• Gasol definitely had a terrible game. The bench guys have had a lot of success what with the Nets not really having a bench worth of depth with all their injuries. Serge actually wasn't great either individually but he had a few good spurts and wasn't actively bad like Gasol so between the weak bench and Norm going off his lineups did really well.

We should definitely not be overreacting to a bad Gasol game. The starters were the ones that blew game 1 open so much that it was over less than a quarter in and the team could coast through the rest of the game. Nurse will figure a counter to the Nets switching.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post

The Sixers D is abysmal! The Raps have the personal to slow down Tatum, Brown and Kemba. I'm not scared of Smart or the rest of their supporting cast. I think we have an edge over them without Hayward. That injury helps us big time. OG and Pascal can slow down Tatum and shutdown Brown, Fred and Kyle have Kemba.

They do have the length to slow down Fred and Kyle and Smart is an excellent defender. Serge, Gasol and Siakam have to feast. Then our bench has to trample theirs.

We got this.
        It's honestly astonishing how bad the 76ers defence is compared to last season. Just not remotely close.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post

Tatum is really good, but Raptors have way better personnel to guard him than the Sixers. Pascal will need to assert himself in that series though because he has the size and length to be a tough match up for them.
          I agree regarding the personnel, but the shots he's been making lately are pretty much unguardable kind.

Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post

I agree regarding the personnel, but the shots he's been making lately are pretty much unguardable kind.

He is a good player, but Raptors defense and the Sixers defense are on the opposite ends of the spectrum.

Comment

• Tatum is comparable to Paul George pre-injury. He's stoppable. He's not comparable to Harden, Durant, LeBron, Steph, Kawhi, or any of the upper echelon guys.

Comment

Tatum is comparable to Paul George pre-injury. He's stoppable. He's not comparable to Harden, Durant, LeBron, Steph, Kawhi, or any of the upper echelon guys.
                Yet.
                He's 22

Comment

• We got, by far, the easiest first round opponent. Are the stars aligning again?

Comment

• The Sixers are looking pretty darn easy. At least the Nets play hard

Comment

• If Boston and the Raps both sweep the series starts right away. We don’t wait until everyone is done the first round.

Comment

If Boston and the Raps both sweep the series starts right away. We don’t wait until everyone is done the first round.
                        Looks like we get a lil bit of a break at least!!! Gonna miss Raps bball 4 the next few dayz ahah! I'm into this bubble playoffs set up tho - 4 games EVERY day??? Sign me up ahah

Comment

Working...
                        X