• Time
  • Show
Clear All

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Matt thomas game
    Time to bring out the TreBuchet.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
      I'll go with a weird choice because I feel like it - Serge is gonna have a 20+ pt game
      Not weird at all. Gasol could be on a short leash after Nick tries to get him going early

Comment

I'll go with OG
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Fun fact per The Athletic:

Matt Thomas is a +58.6 net rating in the series so far.

Hopefully he can get some space to go off for some triples. 😎
          Nice. From what I've seen so far, the opponent guarding Matt Thomas can't do absolutely anything else on defence, except staying glued to him. Can't help another teammate, can't position for a rebound, can't leak out in transition etc.. if they do, they run a serious risk of getting rained 3's on.

So that leads to 3 things:

1.You tire the heck of whoever is guarding him, because Thomas himself never stops moving on offence (and he always got gas because his minutes are limited), so the guy guarding him not only can't do anything else on defence, but he's now also physically and mentally drained on his own offensive possessions

2. You disrupt any defensive schemes the opponent would prefer to do it if they had a choice. 3-2 zones, organized switches, pnr coverages, all mucked up because now you need one dedicated guy on Thomas, so they gotta organize their D with just 4 guys.

3. You're now basically playing 4 on 4 on offence , which means a ton of more extra space for other guys to get buckets. He's one of those players that can go a whole game with just 1 or 2 buckets and still finish with a solid + net rating because of how much disruption he creates on the opposing D from his gravity. Needs more minutes imo.

Comment

inthepaint wrote: View Post

Nice. From what I've seen so far, the opponent guarding Matt Thomas can't do absolutely anything else on defence, except staying glued to him. Can't help another teammate, can't position for a rebound, can't leak out in transition etc.. if they do, they run a serious risk of getting rained 3's on.

So that leads to 3 things:

1.You tire the heck of whoever is guarding him, because Thomas himself never stops moving on offence (and he always got gas because his minutes are limited), so the guy guarding him not only can't do anything else on defence, but he's now also physically and mentally drained on his own offensive possessions

2. You disrupt any defensive schemes the opponent would prefer to do it if they had a choice. 3-2 zones, organized switches, pnr coverages, all mucked up because now you need one dedicated guy on Thomas, so they gotta organize their D with just 4 guys.

3. You're now basically playing 4 on 4 on offence , which means a ton of more extra space for other guys to get buckets. He's one of those players that can go a whole game with just 1 or 2 buckets and still finish with a solid + net rating because of how much disruption he creates on the opposing D from his gravity. Needs more minutes imo.
            Rick Carlisle has Seth Curry running all over the place bringing a defender with him, occasionally right through the key, bumping into defenders. Nurse needs to try and take advantage of the respect they already have for Thomas.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Rick Carlisle has Seth Curry running all over the place bringing a defender with him, occasionally right through the key, bumping into defenders. Nurse needs to try and take advantage of the respect they already have for Thomas.
              And if they don’t respect him for a millisecond — as I believe Jack I sometimes says: “WHAP!”

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                JClaw just keeps rolling, rolling, rolling...

Honestly hard to imagine a worse outing than last game. And we won. Real championship confidence going right now.
                Vs. Miami January 2nd lol. Hopefully they don’t go that low.

Comment

Game Day!
                  3-0 Let's Go!

Comment

I'll go with a weird choice because I feel like it - Serge is gonna have a 20+ pt game
                    Not the craziest bet considering he had 22 in game 1.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

golden wrote: View Post

Time to bring out the TreBuchet.
                      OG is our king

Comment

I love that his shot actually kind of looks like that. Flings it from behind his head.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

It's a 1:30 start which usually means we'll have guys not shooting well. So I think the offense will be ugly. Have we ever had a good offensive game in an early start? I don't remember one.

But I can't see the Nets pulling out a win with their line up. Losing Harris is a huge blow for them. Is Temple and LeVert going to play 48 minutes? And even if they do, will it matter?

Comment

Before the game starts,
                            Raptors players,
                            Please make your free throws.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post

Not the craziest bet considering he had 22 in game 1.
                              And I'd bet the Marc is on a slightly shorter leash. Watch him take a few more 1Q shots

Comment

No RHJ per Lewenberg.. knee soreness. So we'll probably see Boucher today.

Comment

Working...
                                X