2020 Playoffs Round 1 Game 3 Raptors at Nets Friday August 21st 1:30pm on SN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
    Playing Boston next round. I'm scared. Convince me otherwise.
    Hoping for competitive series. But win will be tough
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• straight up bullies these Raps
      Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• Celtics with Hayward = a good challenge for raptors, 6 - 7 games but raps come out on top.

Celtics without Hayward - still a tough team to beat but raps in 5-6 games.

Just imagine if the raptors lost a siakam or a vanvleet, its too big of a blow to overcome against another elite team. (Hayward was 17pts, 6 boards, 4 assists). It also leaves thier weak bench even thinner if smart starts.

Comment

• The Celtics series will be tough for sure. I don’t the two ass kickings we took in the regular /season bubble illustrates how this series will actually be. We can’t take them lightly but we have the defence to beat them, especially down Hayward. It will be 6-7 for sure, but we gut it out.

Expect a even more focused team coming into this one. They know this is when the playoffs start.

Comment

I think Raps will win but it will be a squeaker. Boston has an excellent perimeter defence, a good coach that knows how to make adjustments and a high-end scorer in Tatum.

That said, there are also several things in our favour:

--There are many offensive and defensive schemes Nurse hasn't even deployed yet. This is the series (I hope) we'll finally see some Siakam pick and roll, with him alternating being the big and the ballhandler. When executed properly, that can be extremely difficult to guard

--We've been shooting very well from distance

--We have the best team defence in the league

--These guys are extremely mentally prepared and mentally tough. We've seen in it prior years how hugely important the mental aspect, maturity etc. is on a playoff run

--If we win tomorrow and complete the sweep over Brooklyn, we will have lost only 6 games out of our last 40 games. To beat us, Boston would have to deliver 4 losses in 7 games (while the rest of the league took 40 games to deliver 6). In other words, the 34-6 record going back to mid January is an 85% winning percentage. To advance, they would have to cut that to a 42% winning percentage (less than half) in the next 7 game series and have us go 3-4.

Nothing is undoable, we did it to Milwaukee last year, but it's extremely difficult to beat this Raptors team 4 times in that short spam of time. Nurse is brilliant at identifying what's hurting us and adjusting things , and our team is full of vets with deep playoff experience that know how to iron things out as they go (Gasol Fred and Lowry could probably coach an NBA team right now).

I'm taking Raps in 7

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
              The Celtics series will be tough for sure. I don’t the two ass kickings we took in the regular /season bubble illustrates how this series will actually be. We can’t take them lightly but we have the defence to beat them, especially down Hayward. It will be 6-7 for sure, but we gut it out.

Expect a even more focused team coming into this one. They know this is when the playoffs start.
              Nurse hasn't shown any of his schemes in the regular season or even in the Nets series. I expect them to come into play against the Celtics. Its going to be a fun series, looking forward to it.

Comment

You guys should know better by now.

Raptors are the ones that knock.

Comment

• Our shooting has to be on point, we can’t get into a funk. Agree about the mental toughness to move through a tough series, we have a leg up. If Kawhi left anything with us, it’s composure, 1 game is 1 game, move on to the next win or lose.

It’s going to an awesome series, we haven’t even had Siakam really going in the bubble. Hopefully we get some primetime games. Although I think we’ll be getting the 6-6:30 games and the west will be getting the 9-9:30 starts.

I bought an outdoor projector for this run but the 1:30 games aren’t conducive. Lol
                  Last edited by saints91; Sat Aug 22, 2020, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Boston is good and that'll be a 6 or 7 game series for sure. Raps can win but there's little margin for error. Getting spanked by the Celtics twice this year was no joke, they're a good team (and were probably gunning for us more than we were for them in those games).

I don't think Hayward being out hurts them too much. They have a little bit of a not enough ball to go around when all their wing guys are playing. Higher usage for Tatum is good for them.

Tatum and Brown have been playing really well.

Difference maker will be Raps really locking in on perimeter D. Tatum's not Kawhi yet.

Coaching matchup should be fun.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

The Raps will dominate at the 5 similar to how Embiid is killing the Chowders.
                      DIfference is that the Raps have shooters and mental toughness and a coach who is what saint brad is supposed to be but isn't. Philly has none of those elements and and are not up to the job. Losing an all star caliber player in Hayward though its being spun otherwise is not a good thing.

The Chowders.. similar to the Sixers... are nothing but East Coast Media Hype.

Raps in six
                      Last edited by Demographic Shift; Sat Aug 22, 2020, 12:02 PM.
                      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                      - TGO

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                        Boston is good and that'll be a 6 or 7 game series for sure. Raps can win but there's little margin for error. Getting spanked by the Celtics twice this year was no joke, they're a good team (and were probably gunning for us more than we were for them in those games).

I don't think Hayward being out hurts them too much. They have a little bit of a not enough ball to go around when all their wing guys are playing. Higher usage for Tatum is good for them.

Tatum and Brown have been playing really well.

Difference maker will be Raps really locking in on perimeter D. Tatum's not Kawhi yet.

Coaching matchup should be fun.
                        I disagree, Hayward will be a big loss for them in the second round. He is a good scorer and was averaging 18 points this season. There will be higher usage for Tatum, but when you're up against a great defensive team, not having someone like Hayward hurts. They have Smart in the lineup now and you can adjust your defense where you can get the ball out of Kemba's or Tatum's hand and force Smart to take shots. With Hayward, we'd be less help conscious because you wouldn't want Hayward to shoot either.

Comment

• It's so weird to look ahead at the next round when there is still at least one game left.. but the Nets and 76ers are cooked.

I always wanted to see a Boston/Toronto series. The Boston team that played in the bubble against us was insane.. I don't think that team shows up for every game. Yesterday for example, the Celtics looked really bad. 76ers were just worse. Maybe they were playing down to their competition, but if that team shows up they aren't winning against us.

I think it can really go either way. It's really about who gets hot. Brown has been invisible against Philly. If he shows up like he did against us in our bubble game they will be a tough out with or without Haywayrd. Kemba is always trouble. I think Fred can do a good job on him. If we tire him out on defense, it will make him struggle more on offense. He loves screens though. So need to really go under them hard. Lots of communication with our bigs. If Kemba switches on to Serge or Marc that's an easy bucket for him.

I think it goes down to 6 or 7 games though. Too bad we don't have our home crowd. Boston can't win in Toronto for some reason. The bubble will just take that advantage away which sucks.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            It's so weird to look ahead at the next round when there is still at least one game left.. but the Nets and 76ers are cooked.

I think it goes down to 6 or 7 games though. Too bad we don't have our home crowd. Boston can't win in Toronto for some reason. The bubble will just take that advantage away which sucks.
                            The Raptors play just as well away from home as they do at home. The only team that did better was the Bucks. The bubble is a constant stream of away games for everybody.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                              Our shooting has to be on point, we can’t get into a funk. Agree about the mental toughness to move through a tough series, we have a leg up. If Kawhi left anything with us, it’s composure, 1 game is 1 game, move on to the next win or lose.

It’s going to an awesome series, we haven’t even had Siakam really going in the bubble. Hopefully we get some primetime games. Although I think we’ll be getting the 6-6:30 games and the west will be getting the 9-9:30 starts.

I bought an outdoor projector for this run but the 1:30 games aren’t conducive. Lol
                              I have the same with a 100" screen. Flippin' mosquitoes still coming out at dusk now

Comment

• The main reason I'm pretty confident we can take Boston is the main issue our offence faces is when Siakam is faced with length and we can't score inside. Boston just does not have the rim protection to stop Siakam getting better looks inside. The offence should be pretty solid against them.

Meanwhile, we have enough defenders to throw at their multiple creators, which most teams fall a bit short of. Without Hayward our bench scoring punch may be an advantage. And with Smart being one of their most effective defenders, he's too easy to cheat off on defence, and facing teams with players we can ignore is when the Raps defence really clicks.

I think Raps in 5 or 6. But let's see what develops between now and the beginning of that series.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X