X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    JClaw just keeps rolling, rolling, rolling...

Honestly hard to imagine a worse outing than last game. And we won. Real championship confidence going right now.
    Vs. Miami January 2nd lol. Hopefully they don’t go that low.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Rick Carlisle has Seth Curry running all over the place bringing a defender with him, occasionally right through the key, bumping into defenders. Nurse needs to try and take advantage of the respect they already have for Thomas.
    And if they don’t respect him for a millisecond — as I believe Jack I sometimes says: “WHAP!”

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    inthepaint wrote: View Post

Nice. From what I've seen so far, the opponent guarding Matt Thomas can't do absolutely anything else on defence, except staying glued to him. Can't help another teammate, can't position for a rebound, can't leak out in transition etc.. if they do, they run a serious risk of getting rained 3's on.

So that leads to 3 things:

1.You tire the heck of whoever is guarding him, because Thomas himself never stops moving on offence (and he always got gas because his minutes are limited), so the guy guarding him not only can't do anything else on defence, but he's now also physically and mentally drained on his own offensive possessions

2. You disrupt any defensive schemes the opponent would prefer to do it if they had a choice. 3-2 zones, organized switches, pnr coverages, all mucked up because now you need one dedicated guy on Thomas, so they gotta organize their D with just 4 guys.

3. You're now basically playing 4 on 4 on offence , which means a ton of more extra space for other guys to get buckets. He's one of those players that can go a whole game with just 1 or 2 buckets and still finish with a solid + net rating because of how much disruption he creates on the opposing D from his gravity. Needs more minutes imo.
    Rick Carlisle has Seth Curry running all over the place bringing a defender with him, occasionally right through the key, bumping into defenders. Nurse needs to try and take advantage of the respect they already have for Thomas.

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Fun fact per The Athletic:

Matt Thomas is a +58.6 net rating in the series so far.

Hopefully he can get some space to go off for some triples. 😎
    Nice. From what I've seen so far, the opponent guarding Matt Thomas can't do absolutely anything else on defence, except staying glued to him. Can't help another teammate, can't position for a rebound, can't leak out in transition etc.. if they do, they run a serious risk of getting rained 3's on.

So that leads to 3 things:

1.You tire the heck of whoever is guarding him, because Thomas himself never stops moving on offence (and he always got gas because his minutes are limited), so the guy guarding him not only can't do anything else on defence, but he's now also physically and mentally drained on his own offensive possessions

2. You disrupt any defensive schemes the opponent would prefer to do it if they had a choice. 3-2 zones, organized switches, pnr coverages, all mucked up because now you need one dedicated guy on Thomas, so they gotta organize their D with just 4 guys.

3. You're now basically playing 4 on 4 on offence , which means a ton of more extra space for other guys to get buckets. He's one of those players that can go a whole game with just 1 or 2 buckets and still finish with a solid + net rating because of how much disruption he creates on the opposing D from his gravity. Needs more minutes imo.

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    I'll go with OG

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    consmap wrote: View Post
    I'll go with a weird choice because I feel like it - Serge is gonna have a 20+ pt game
    Not weird at all. Gasol could be on a short leash after Nick tries to get him going early

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
    Matt thomas game
    Time to bring out the TreBuchet.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Matt thomas game
    Fun fact per The Athletic:

Matt Thomas is a +58.6 net rating in the series so far.

Hopefully he can get some space to go off for some triples. 😎

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    WTF was that Bucks twitter flex all about? Are they still shook about being up 2-0 and getting swept?

Leave a comment:

• Tmac2darak
    replied
    Matt thomas game
    Interesting. We need our bench to go off.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied
    Matt thomas game

Leave a comment:

• Tmac2darak
    replied
    wow JClaw that was a mouthful. But awesome intro. Depending on you to carry us to the promised land.

Leave a comment:

• consmap
    replied
    I'll go with a weird choice because I feel like it - Serge is gonna have a 20+ pt game

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    G__Deane wrote: View Post
    KLOE game incoming.
    No way he lets Freddy get the press.
    Plus he'll be on a mission to drop a few dimes to marc.
    Fully expect a 10 point Marc 1st Q. Nick will have come up with ways to get Gasol the ball deep in the post to discourage the switching early.

Leave a comment:

• G__Deane
    replied
    KLOE game incoming.
    No way he lets Freddy get the press.
    Plus he'll be on a mission to drop a few dimes to marc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X