15 Man Roster Complete, this is how it looks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
    I like the ChuckWagon, only that I feel we could find an upgrade at the same pay grade. I think the "hate" may have stemmed from his offensive limitations but, with Vasquez, Williams, and (a healthy) Patterson; it will be less incumbent on Hayes to score so fans can be more appreciative of his passing, rebounding & defense. Again, I'm afraid he's just too undersized. If Nogueira were ready to play back up C, I'd have no problem keeping Hayes on as a 3rd stringer.

Or if he was cheaper...
    Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
    Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
      Or if he was cheaper...
      He will be next year.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

why do we have caboclo on the roster, is he not ready for next year?

Comment

brosoverhoes1 wrote: View Post
          To make sure he grows within the team, not aside from it.
          Myself (March 2014):
          The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

He may not be ready to contribute next year, but signing him and having him practice with the main team, use the team's facilities and staff every day, get spot minutes now and then, and get stints in teh D-League where he can play bigger minutes are all positives.

They likely outweigh the stashing options available to him. Brazil's league isn't good enough for him to stay there. And any strong Euro team may not give him much opportunity, while having worse secondary benefits (ie worse facilities/staff, no D-League team to send him to). Not to mention the team won't get to supervise and nurture him as hands on as they'd like.

Comment

Because we have a 15 man roster but only 12 guys can be active at a time, so 3 of those guys won't even be on the bench. Also, 3rd string players basically play 0 minutes per game, so I'd rather have young developing guy in that role than some 35 year old vet.

Comment

It'll be fun to monitor the DNP-CD's this year. I imagine they could fluctuate a lot based on matchups - how often does BeBe sit, how often is it Hansbrough instead? Does Fields garner a bunch so Bruno can get minutes in blowouts, or is he kept activated and Bruno never sees the court? I imagine Cherry is an auto-bench unless one of GV, Lowry, Lou gets injured.

Outside of injuries, which would force a player into the rotation, we'll see some interesting juggling of deep bench players this year, I think.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                  Perhaps a trade is coming, flip one of Hayes or Hansborough for a backup C is always good
                  Hayes contract may make trading him difficult.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    Hayes contract may make trading him difficult.
                    It is EXPIRING. There will be a "tanking" team able to take that contract from a trade, unless they do a buy-out and he returns to us for pennies. Do like the Chuck Wagon in the locker room, always a positive guy.

Comment

I like the signing of Will Cherry his quick but, most importantly his a + defender.

He was the only player that could stand up to Damian Lillard in the Big Sky conference. He actually beat Lillard in two consecutive year in the Big Sky championship I believe. You could say that his responsible for Lillard never making the NCAA tournament.

I feel his a better fit as a third string PG than Buycks was. I always feel that the players at the end of the bench should be hard nosed defensive type guys. In practise your starter really get tested everyday. Buycks who could defend but, he thought more about scoring the ball than anything. His also two years younger than Buycks.

Here's his best game from Summer league.
                      http://youtu.be/p2HyjnFNvds
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Here's Damian Lillard saying a couple things about his Oakland rival.

http://youtu.be/z8cTcLA3nbs
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          I like the signing of Will Cherry his quick but, most importantly his a + defender.

He was the only player that could stand up to Damian Lillard in the Big Sky conference. He actually beat Lillard in two consecutive year in the Big Sky championship I believe. You could say that his responsible for Lillard never making the NCAA tournament.

I feel his a better fit as a third string PG than Buycks was. I always feel that the players at the end of the bench should be hard nosed defensive type guys. In practise your starter really get tested everyday. Buycks who could defend but, he thought more about scoring the ball than anything. His also two years younger than Buycks.

Here's his best game from Summer league.
                          http://youtu.be/p2HyjnFNvds
                          Yea I think him being younger, being a good defender and wanting to defend, and being a better facilitator than Buycks makes him the better prospect and player. I saw an interview where he said playing D is his calling card and he knows that needs to be his focus in the NBA. That right there is what you want to hear.
                          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Cherry is also quicker and more athletic than Buycks. Not by much but still.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
                              It is EXPIRING. There will be a "tanking" team able to take that contract from a trade, unless they do a buy-out and he returns to us for pennies. Do like the Chuck Wagon in the locker room, always a positive guy.
                              Can't trade a player, have him waived, and re-sign him anymore. New CBA stopped that.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                                Can't trade a player, have him waived, and re-sign him anymore. New CBA stopped that.
                                I'd also hate an organization for treating players that way.
                                Myself (March 2014):
                                The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Working...
                                X