Leave a comment:

• rocwell
    replied

Bebe on board hashtag lol...

Leave a comment:

• mcHAPPY
    replied
    Roster official: Bebe and Cherry signed

The Toronto Raptors announced Sunday they have signed centre Lucas Nogueira (no-GARE-uh) and guard Will Cherry. Per team policy, financial details were not disclosed.

Nogueira, 7-foot, 220 pounds, was selected 16th overall by the Boston Celtics in the 2013 NBA Draft. His draft rights were traded on draft night to Dallas and then to Atlanta. Toronto acquired his draft rights June 30 from the Hawks. He competed for the Raptors’ entry in the 2014 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas where he contributed 5.0 points, 5.8 rebounds and 20.3 minutes in five contests.

Nogueira has played since 2009 with Asefa Estudiantes in Spain’s Liga ACB. The native of Sao Goncalo, Brazil averaged 6.3 points, 4.1 rebounds, 1.6 blocks and 16.0 minutes in 18 games during the 2013-14 season. He scored in double figures on 10 occasions and had nine games with two or more blocks. At the 2011 U19 World Championships, he averaged 9.6 points, 8.8 rebounds and 2.9 blocks in eight outings.

Cherry, 6-foot, 185 pounds, appeared in 18 regular season games (12 starts) with the Canton Charge of the NBA Development League last season, averaging 11.6 points, 3.7 boards, 4.5 assists and 30.4 minutes. He scored in double figures 13 times and had 10 or more assists on three occasions. In the playoffs, Cherry upped his averages to 13.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, 8.3 assists and 36.7 minutes in three games versus Sioux Falls.

Cherry went undrafted in the 2013 NBA Draft after a four-year career at Montana. He was a three-time All-Big Sky selection and finished as the school’s all-time leader in steals with 265. Cherry posted averages of 12.8 points, 4.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists and 25.3 minutes in five games with Cleveland at the 2014 Samsung NBA Summer League in Las Vegas.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/rapt...nd-will-cherry
    Nothing new.

Just official.

Enjoy your down time Masai and front office! Well earned.

Players and coaches, get to work!

#TheEastIsForTheTaking

Leave a comment:

• Rapzilla
    replied
    GLF wrote: View Post
    That's not a random guy, that's Bruno Lol
    haha you beat me to it!

Leave a comment:

• GLF
    replied
    raptors999 wrote: View Post
    So NBA contracts are signed in coffee shops with some random guy as a witness. Seems legit.
    That's not a random guy, that's Bruno Lol

Leave a comment:

• MixxAOR
    replied
    raptors999 wrote: View Post
    So NBA contracts are signed in coffee shops with some random guy as a witness. Seems legit.

Leave a comment:

• raptors999
    replied
    Shantz wrote: View Post
    Bebe is on board!

Leave a comment:

• Shantz
    replied
    Bebe is on board!

Leave a comment:

• godkingleonidas
    replied
    Pele wrote: View Post
    Hayes is only good if he can out-muscle guys like Munroe, Cousins and (I'm dreaming) Dwight under the hoop. If not, then there's no point to him being in the NBA.
    He's made a career of "outliving his usefulness". I have to applaud his tenacity.

Leave a comment:

• Demographic Shift
    replied
    Pele wrote: View Post
    Hayes is only good if he can out-muscle guys like Munroe, Cousins and (I'm dreaming) Dwight under the hoop. If not, then there's no point to him being in the NBA.
    Unless we are trading Chuck at the trade deadline in 2015 for a young asset he is not going anywhere till then. Chuck has the body to box out just about anyone playing the 5 in the league, HOWEVER he has no hops so we have to augment him when he is on the floor with a guy who can get up and clean the glass while Chuck leans all over the opppositions offensive rebounders. Chuck is a true pro, is low mainteance, and shows up every day. We could do much worse.

If GM for a day I would have made an offer to Emeka Okafor and stashed Bebe for another year in Europe. But I am not so we go with what we have and its going to be enough unless JV goes down. Then we are in a helluva hole till he gets back in the middle.

Leave a comment:

• Pele
    replied
    godkingleonidas wrote: View Post
    As a third-string PF, I don't mind Hansbrough. I'd prefer to see Hayes get flipped because he's too small to play PF/C. Not agile/fast enough to play SF. I'd trade him for cash and a second rounder if it'd free up a roster spot.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    This is pretty much what I was referring too, see Kyle Lowry with Houston.

As a player I would have no issues with being part of a sign and trade.
    Historically, every player who has been waived and re-signed with their team knew and gave the go ahead for the trade in the first place. In the hypothetical Hayes scenario, we wouldn't be trading him and pissing him off and trying to re-sign him. We'd be telling him before we traded him that a) we were trading him to clear cap room and b) he would be waived by the receiving team and still get all his money and c) we would re-sign him to keep him on the team, and he'd actually get even more money because his new contract with us would be above and beyond his money from his original contract.

That's how that stuff went down.

Doesn't matter now, since it is illegal. But there were never examples of players getting traded and being pissed about it and then getting re-signed after being waived.

Leave a comment:

• OptimalOptimist
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Old school how? If a team trades a player away without their consent, sure, they'd be pissed and not re-sign. Most players though understand and see the benefits of a trade-and-re-sign, and teams in that situation often will not do the trade without the player's consent, as the veteran player can be more valuable than the minimal return they would get or cap room they would clear. Teams were able to do it so often precisely because players wanted to do it.
    This is pretty much what I was referring too, see Kyle Lowry with Houston.

As a player I would have no issues with being part of a sign and trade.

Leave a comment:

• DanH
    replied
    OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    Guess I'm the oldschool one.
    Old school how? If a team trades a player away without their consent, sure, they'd be pissed and not re-sign. Most players though understand and see the benefits of a trade-and-re-sign, and teams in that situation often will not do the trade without the player's consent, as the veteran player can be more valuable than the minimal return they would get or cap room they would clear. Teams were able to do it so often precisely because players wanted to do it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X