Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Playoffs Round 2 Game 2 Celtics at Raptors Tuesday Sept 1 5:30pm EST on Sportsnet

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2020 Playoffs Round 2 Game 2 Celtics at Raptors Tuesday Sept 1 5:30pm EST on Sportsnet





    Game 1 was a tough loss.

    Plenty of justifiable reasons to be distracted.

    Plenty of things to fix.

    Hoping for this series to be equal after Game 2.

    Support your Toronto Raptors in their pursuit of equality.

    Support your Toronto Raptors in their pursuit of victory.













































    LET'S GO RAPS
    Last edited by GOLDBLUM; Mon Aug 31, 2020, 06:34 AM.

  • #2
    Hey we get a non early-afternoon game!
    Let's Go Raps, can't drop the second one.
    Time to pull something out of you bag of tricks, Nick

    Comment


    • #3
      Not that Gasol was the primary issue last time out (it was Fred and Pascal).. but wish we started Serge to give Boston a different look. Let's hope the first quarter ends differently this time around either way.

      Comment


      • #4
        Epic thread. Let's get 'em

        Comment


        • #5
          planetmars wrote: View Post
          Not that Gasol was the primary issue last time out (it was Fred and Pascal).. but wish we started Serge to give Boston a different look. Let's hope the first quarter ends differently this time around either way.
          Yes. Coaching staff won't overreact after 1 loss but at some point here we may see Serge start. Or at least Marc's minutes continue to drop as Ibaka's increase.
          And I really would like to see at least a few minutes for the 10 man rotation. I think the energy and different look of the lineups are strengths for the Raptors.
          But you don't throw your main guys under the bus after their first playoff loss - esp when it comes in the second round. Those guys have earned a chance to respond and that's mostly what we'll see in game 2.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

          Comment


          • #6
            If we see Serge start we will lose this series. Frankly, the more minutes Serge plays, the worse off we are. Yes, we need his scoring, but we can't have him giving it all back on the other end, which he consistently does when facing off against starter quality players. I don't mind him at PF for spurts to give Pascal some rest.

            Really the difference has to come from Pascal being more effective. Everything else is just hitting shots, which they will do.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

            Comment


            • #7
              I think Serge scores and rebounds as well as he does because he comes off the bench.

              Comment


              • #8
                Early as balls, guess I'll be streaming from my desk at the office.

                Comment


                • #9
                  A.I wrote: View Post
                  I think Serge scores and rebounds as well as he does because he comes off the bench.
                  Yeah, except for the one lonely win we have against Boston this year, where he started, dropped 20 (second highest scorer on the team), then grabbed 10 boards. That must have been luck though, or some kind of meaningless statistical variance. We should give more minutes to the guy Boston is ignoring on offence and continue to play 4 on 5 on that end. Boston's defence is irrelevant, spreadsheets tell us we'll start making shots regardless, no adjustments needed.
                  2019 NBA Champions. Glad to have doubted the doubters.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm hoping to see some Matt Thomas in there. Run him off some screens and get a few threes to go in. He only has to be out there for 10-12 minutes to have a drastic impact on our offence. He can hold his own on defence in small samples.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I want to see more Boucher too.
                      He can hit those threes that Marc won't take or make.
                      Defense won't regress with him either.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Maury wrote: View Post
                        I'm hoping to see some Matt Thomas in there. Run him off some screens and get a few threes to go in. He only has to be out there for 10-12 minutes to have a drastic impact on our offence. He can hold his own on defence in small samples.
                        Me too, 'cause the only time Matt Thomas should be in an important playoff game is at the end of the 4th with the Rap's up 30 pts.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          inthepaint wrote: View Post

                          Yeah, except for the one lonely win we have against Boston this year, where he started, dropped 20 (second highest scorer on the team), then grabbed 10 boards. That must have been luck though, or some kind of meaningless statistical variance. We should give more minutes to the guy Boston is ignoring on offence and continue to play 4 on 5 on that end. Boston's defence is irrelevant, spreadsheets tell us we'll start making shots regardless, no adjustments needed.
                          The Raptors shot 28% on wide open threes. Real good defence from Boston forcing the Raptors to miss all those threes that no Boston defender was nearby for.

                          There are lots of adjustments needed. That can be true at the same time as expecting shooting to return to form on the good shots they did generate.

                          My issue is not with adjustments. It is with bad adjustments. Serge starting over Marc will end badly for us.

                          Hey, you know what else happened in that Boston win? We started Patrick McCaw and he scored 18 points. Let's build our entire playoff strategy around that, right? Great idea.

                          You know what else happened in that Boston win? The Celtics shot 22% from three. Maybe if we start Serge and McCaw again we will call down the luck to get their best shooters to go cold again. Is Brissett back and ready to play? We're going to need his 15 minutes off the bench to really make sure we replicate every aspect of that mid-season extremely meaningful win that definitely should be used to project how to have success in the playoffs.

                          I find it kinda weird that the Celtics are still starting their best players considering they shot 22% from 3 in December. Wouldn't it be smarter for them to bench their better players and play their worse ones to avoid that happening again? Just, don't understand what they are doing over there.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Are there stats showing how the Raptors perform at 1pm? I seriously do think the terrible percentages were because of that start time. I understand it goes both ways, but I don't know if Boston has problems playing at various times. I do know that the Raptors usually sh!t the bed with early starts.. at least offensively. Shooting is all rhythm. I'm still not crazy about the 5:30 start (why can't it be 6:30 like tonight's Bucks/Heat game)? But that's better than 1pm.

                            Fred going 3/16 with no length on him is just insane. He should be feasting against these guys.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              And 5 turnovers on Lowry? Some of those were so dumb too. Just huge momentum kilers.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X