Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden
    replied
    Brad Stevens confirmed that the Celtics were/are trying to get Kemba onto Gasol in the high pick & roll. So, to nobody's surprise, they are targeting Gasol's lack of footspeed. We gave up 3 dunks in crunch time out of that action. That's unacceptable. Serge isn't much better, tbh. Nurse needs to figure some things out there. RHJ at center??

Leave a comment:

• Tmac2darak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LJ2
    replied
    The only way that ending could have been any better is if it was in front of a live audience with Raptors fans losing their minds as OG walks away...I guess it would have been in Boston under normal circumstances, but I would have taken the broken hearts of Celtics fans with almost equal pleasure.

That shot deserved a live audience. F@ck Corona, and yes f@ck Boston!!!

Leave a comment:

• golden
    replied
    saints91 wrote: View Post
    We are back in it!!! What a great game, this win will swing the series. That pass was amazing, OG is a stone cold killer!!! I was running around the house yelling that when he hit it. lol He almost gets blocked on that shot, the whole play was amazing.
    The "almost got blocked" part is one of the many amazing things about this sequence. On Synergy this would probably be logged as an "extra wide" open shot (DanH). But look at how quickly Jaylen Brown closed out and got up there. This is why athletic wings and guards are valuable in crunch time. The effort on defense is at another level.

You can understand now why Kyle gets blocked in these situations... he's short and shoots it flat. And why he and FVV are having a hard time getting their 3-ball to fall in this series - Celtics are just damn good at contesting jump shots. Still calling a 7-gamer, but it's going to be tough sledding all the way.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    Serg obviously buttered his hands prior to stepping on the court, dude couldn’t hold on to a pass.

I’m hoping the 5s play better next game, and Pascal keeps progressing. We still need that big game from him.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    Kyle was amazing last night. His drives were incredible, he just carved out space and was able to get them up. That might be one of the best Lowry games I’ve seen.

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    DanH wrote: View Post
    Holy Hannah what a game. That Lowry pass to OG was insane. Defence falling apart late with guys’ focus faltering under the heavy minutes. Gotta get useful bench minutes (please play TD in game 4 Nick).

Shooting is coming. Maybe that late game burst opens the dam moving forward.

Raps in 6.
    Oh 4 in a row, I can get on board with that! RAPS IN 6

Leave a comment:

• saints91
    replied
    We are back in it!!! What a great game, this win will swing the series. That pass was amazing, OG is a stone cold killer!!! I was running around the house yelling that when he hit it. lol He almost gets blocked on that shot, the whole play was amazing.

Leave a comment:

• Rudy Bargnani
    replied
    Call me old fashioned but I think switching or playing zone with 0.5 seconds left is a recipe for disaster. Man up and stick your guy challenge all shots.
    These things seem to happen a fair bit where there is a miscommunication on a switch and someone gets an open look.
    I'm sure Brad will take some heat for that and also the Kanter minutes which were a disaster.
    I'll take it of course. F Boston!

Leave a comment:

• NeedTristanThompson
    replied
    bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

The thing about this game is it couldnt have worked out better for the raps. Celtics were .5 seconds from being up 3-0. In there mind they probably were and OG stabbed them in the heart.
    Its not often a team down 2-1 has the mental edge and momentum but you would have to believe the celtics have a pretty somber locker room right now.
    Gotta step on their throats first half of next game and doubt will start to creep in big time
    Gotta hooooopeeeeee Gotta hopee! Fingers crossed!!! We'll c we'll c!! Can't wait 'till Sat!!

GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    Soooooo - when he's confident in his shot he makes it all the time???? Like when he knos he's shooting it 4 sure??

Leave a comment:

• NeedTristanThompson
    replied
    Tmac2darak wrote: View Post
    Hey RR Family. l Haven't really followed things this series. Dad was sick and passed away last night. I'm convinced OGs shot was dedicated him.
    Real sorry to hear. No question about who that shot was for.

Leave a comment:

• Hotshot
    replied
    lol

Leave a comment:

• iblastoff
    replied

Leave a comment:

• inthepaint
    replied
    PRINCE OGUGUA

Leave a comment:

• Dvdvideo
    replied
    One shot swings the whe series. I was agonizing over ever loose ball, every bad call, and every well guarded fluke boston shot that went in knowing it would likely come down to one or 2 possessions.
    This could swing the entire series. Coach needs to see if some small ball works, or take gasol to practice tommorow and do nothing but low post ups over and over. Then when the game starts, if you must play him, have him abuse the smaller celtics over and over and over. I dont understand why we can't use him the old fashioned way. He can do this, he used to get 20 a game this way.
    Gasol takes first 10 raptor shots. If they eventually double, hes a capable passer.

The optimistic Boston fan: Fluke shot, Boston in 5. Reality: Raptors have played the celtics (or even outplayed) since the first quarter of the first game. They should be worried.

The really optimistic raps fan: the raps in 6!
    its in the bag! In reality: if the raps don't make some changes, its going to come down to a dead heat, and it could go either way if any one player gets hot. Or if the refs continue to decide that tatum gets a trip to the line if you breath on him or if they continue to allow boston to hack and push, and flop on siakam.
    Last edited by Dvdvideo; Fri Sep 4, 2020, 01:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X