GAME 4: Toronto Raptors vs Boston Celtics 09/05/20 6:30 PM ET SN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post

I don’t think the players on this team are viewed the same way re: quality of the roster if Casey was coaching the last two years.

Absolutely, last year’s team was an amazingly talented outfit. And would have lost in the 2nd round under Casey. Losing Kawhi was a huge loss, and yet here we are yet again, one of the top seeds in the East and looking way better in the playoffs than any team under Casey did.

Oh and Casey is absolutely the second best coach in Raptors history, easily. But that doesn’t mean he’s remotely close to the coach Nurse is. It just means that Raptors coaching history is littered with truly awful coaches.
    Dude I dont really get your need to shit on Casey. For all his faults, he knew how to make a good regular season strategy. Nurse is an exceptional NBA coach and Casey is league average - which can be good depending on where the team is.

Casey led the team to second best records in the east with mediocre rosters at best - he helped set the foundation for the guys currently balling the fuck out. It certainly helps that Lowry was around because I think hes the most underrated NBA player over the last 6ish years.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Dude I dont really get your need to shit on Casey. For all his faults, he knew how to make a good regular season strategy. Nurse is an exceptional NBA coach and Casey is league average - which can be good depending on where the team is.

Casey led the team to second best records in the east with mediocre rosters at best - he helped set the foundation for the guys currently balling the fuck out. It certainly helps that Lowry was around because I think hes the most underrated NBA player over the last 6ish years.
      Your statement that Nurse is exceptional and Casey is about league average is pretty much in line with everything I said, no?

I also think your statements on the mediocre rosters and how underrated Lowry is are in conflict.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
      X