Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OG is our king

Comment

• Ok guys i have a dumb question. I keep hearing about it. What is a triangle and 2 defense?

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
        Ok guys i have a dumb question. I keep hearing about it. What is a triangle and 2 defense?
        Not dumb, love all the technical basketball discussion. Im not the best poster to answer but its essentially three guys playing a zone (the triangle) while two guys playing man to man defense. Itll be used to target the two best players on the other team so they have to work really hard to get the ball and take a good shot. Hopefully this gets the ball rolling, cause there are a number of pros/cons and theres a really interesting discussion to be had about Nurses defensive strategy.

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
          kyle getting an offensive foul for the dagger
          getting offensive fouls all nite babyyyyyyy

Comment

• AHEM ....
            Nick Nurse, who was recently named the NBA coach of the year, passed Dwane Casey for most playoff victories in franchise history with 22.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
              AHEM ....
              Nick Nurse, who was recently named the NBA coach of the year, passed Dwane Casey for most playoff victories in franchise history with 22.
              Casey: 21-34
              Nurse: 22-10

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                kinda hilarious that gasol fouled out and literally nobody cared. he actually looked like he was relieved to be fouled out lol
                He subbed in late in the 4th and on the first play gave up an O board and fouled the Celts player. I thought he played good D in the 1st half but his unwillingness to take an open shot really hurts us.

Comment

• The Celtics has the bad shooting game we wanted at 20% from three... don’t expect that again. We still have played up to our usual standard only shooting 39.5% from the field.

I’m hoping our best game coincides with improved shooting and we still grind out another win in game 5.

I’ve been reading some of their posts on their fansite, they are worried about their toughness and adversity. Let’s hope experience and composure prevails.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Casey: 21-34
                    Nurse: 22-10
                    Good point, the W-L record is more notable than the total wins

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                      The Celtics has the bad shooting game we wanted at 20% from three... don’t expect that again. We still have played up to our usual standard only shooting 39.5% from the field.

I’m hoping our best game coincides with improved shooting and we still grind out another win in game 5.

I’ve been reading some of their posts on their fansite, they are worried about their toughness and adversity. Let’s hope experience and composure prevails.
                      I think the poor shooting is a testament to how well both teams are defending. Raptors are struggling as well, but the harder you play defense, the harder it is to get your legs ready to shoot. Celtics got a big dose of that yesterday.

Just need to keep the defense intensity up and we can get them as uncomfortable as possible. It's what we did to the Bucks last year.. and to the Nets in the first round.

Its a best of 3 now.. and we have the momentum. I think momentum is important in a bubble type of atmosphere too. I like our chances.

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
                        Ok guys i have a dumb question. I keep hearing about it. What is a triangle and 2 defense?
                        It's just a variation of box and 1, but instead of a box protecting the paint you have 3 guys in a triangle (2 on the lower blocks and 1 up at the foul line). Then you've got 2 guys playing man on the two biggest perimeter scoring threats.

It gets used more in college, like most zones if you use it too much in the NBA it'll get torn up. Nurse's brilliance is using these at just the tight time, in short amounts, and mixing them up with enough other looks that at least they throw the other team out of rhythm and at best they do disrupt the scoring and you switch to something else before the other team can adjust.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
                          AHEM ....
                          Took him 2 seasons to do it. Crazy.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

It's just a variation of box and 1, but instead of a box protecting the paint you have 3 guys in a triangle (2 on the lower blocks and 1 up at the foul line). Then you've got 2 guys playing man on the two biggest perimeter scoring threats.

It gets used more in college, like most zones if you use it too much in the NBA it'll get torn up. Nurse's brilliance is using these at just the tight time, in short amounts, and mixing them up with enough other looks that at least they throw the other team out of rhythm and at best they do disrupt the scoring and you switch to something else before the other team can adjust.
                            Nurse almost calls up defenses like a football coach, the added game theory element is something Ive wondered about but just figured wouldnt work. Credit to the players, few teams have the all around defensive talent and smarts to first off show many different looks, much less on the fly. Other teams are trying to switch up looks similarly but none as variable or with the frequency of Nurse. Nurse is a playoff coach tbh

Comment

• Its obvious that I am one of harshest if not the only out of bounds hyper-basher of Nick Nurse pre-Bucks series last off season. I softened my stance when he got us our first championship. Not to the extent as last season pre-Bucks series, But still annoyed with him this pre-Covid season especially his love-affair with the garbage of a player in McCaw.

Win or Lose, Now I am fully committed to jump on his bandwagon. His major in-game adjustments defensively against the Celtics in game 4 is why he is an unconventional “outside of the box” progressive coach of this league. His players especially the ever difficult Greatest Raptor of All Time Klye Lowry totally drank his kool-aid and immersed themselves in their committment to their coach’s different styles of schemes at both ends. Even with inferior talent, he maximized his players abilities. How much more if he once again, he get awarded with another superstar like Kawhi.

Well done COY.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post

He subbed in late in the 4th and on the first play gave up an O board and fouled the Celts player. I thought he played good D in the 1st half but his unwillingness to take an open shot really hurts us.
                                He did indeed give up a board and fouled in the first play. Although worth noting that the play after Gasol fouled out the Raptors gave up an offensive board off a missed free throw and allowed the put back and one. So, maybe we shouldn’t judge players by single occurrences rather than their full contributions.

He was also the only player on the team to win his 4th Q minutes. This continues to not be a coincidence.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X