No announcement yet.

GAME 5: Toronto Raptors vs Boston Celtics 09/07/20 6:30 PM ET TSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They threw in the towel, Stanley Johnson is in.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

Thats why Boucher was playing earlier. Hes basically an energy guy. Didn't work out so well.
      You have to give bench guys regular minutes and better role definition. Otherwise, they either play scared and do nothing, or out of control and make mistakes. It's hard to play well when you're expected to show something within a few minutes or else your ass is nailed to pine for 4-5 more games.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post
        Matt Thomas was the best Raptor tonight. Need to always find him 10-12 minutes, what do you have to lose?
        Ya matt showed he need minutes. In a series where our shooting has been abysmal surprised we havent seen more of him. Just play zone when hes out there to hide him. Although he actually has had a couple good man on man d possessions this series
        To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

You have to give bench guys regular minutes and better role definition. Otherwise, they either play scared and do nothing, or out of control and make mistakes. It's hard to play well when you're expected to show something within a few minutes or else your ass is nailed to pine for 4-5 more games.
          Correct. Unfortunately for Boucher and RHJ, Gasol and Ibaka are ahead of them in the rotation, no matter how much fans want Gasol to play less minutes.

Comment

• Stanley scored. Boston fucked
            OG is our king

Comment

• Matt Thomas was best Raptor..think about that ppl,so sad..
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Raptors in 7.

Comment

• Gasol has to show leadership and let Serge start next game. Allow Boucher to earn more minutes.

Boston may not be a good match up for him and may still recover next series if Raptors are awarded to advance but it is quiet obvious that their are tell-tale signs that he is close in celebrating his past laurels in the offseason and just finally hang it up.

Comment

• Thanks for your contribution 007. At least we still have a chance
                    OG is our king

Comment

• 16 free throw disparity again though. How much is it we're not getting calls and how much is it playing soft and not attacking the paint?
                      And I don't care what the stats say Gasol does, time to throw a different look at them.

Comment

• Comment

• Raptors are less talented than Boston but they are making this a series because of heart, grit and experience. Tired legs, by lagging huge minutes in game 4, why they barely can keep on this one.

We have to give credit to Jalen Brown, he is a clone of Jimmy Butler. He is just relentless on defense. If the Raptors has another legitimate offensive weapon, I truly believe the burden Siakam is carrying will not be this heavy.

Comment

• You can't have OG as your go to guy on offense. That's what happened in the 1st. FVV and Lowry got shutdown by the Celtics guards and Gasol and Siakam like all series were non factors.

I think Lowry and FVV will be better next game. But I have ZERO faith in Gasol and Siakam. Gasol is washed up. Siakam is just garbage. He doesn't have the mentality of a star. He's the opposite of an alpha. Jaylen Brown has completely embarassed him this whole series and I expect that continue next game.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Jimmy Butler made it really difficult for Giannis (MVP)

Jalen Brown imo is as comparable defensively than Jimmy and a younger version of him. Stopping a way lesser tier talent to Giannis like Siakam, people should take that into consideration.

Thats that

one more thing, like Jimmy, Jalen Brown is no slouch offensively, so defending him at the other end will take every bit of energy.

Last edited by The Claw Reborn; Mon Sep 7, 2020, 09:24 PM.

Comment

• The bench saved it countless times during the regular season why 7 man rotation now? Put the bench out when its 10-2 dont wait til 20-5 or 80-50. Celtics arent twolves we go down a dozen and its over. They would also allow starters to have more pop when they get back out.

Comment

Working...
                                X