• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred lost like 10 mil because of this series
    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

You are absolutely right.. and I knew the half court game was problematic since day 1.. even when Siakam looked like a super star. We don't have strong ISO players on this team. Norm was really the closest thing we had but he has so many flaws, and is why he's coming off the bench.

I never thought Siakam was a good ISO player. His strength was in transition and when he was comfortable with his 3pt shot, would keep defenses honest.

But if there was one player that essentially helps feed off everyone else it's Kyle. When Kyle has a bad game, the team will. When Kyle has a good game, the team can rely on him and just play a little more relaxed.

Ultimately though it's just really too bad that Fred has been a disaster this series. He's supposed to be a ball hawk but really hasn't done much to fluster Kemba. When he switches on someone like Tatum, he's got free points. And Fred is trying to run the offense most of the time and it ends up in a bad shot with no time left on the clock. Fred's net rating this series is atrocious. He might get a 3 here or there, but it's usually way to late to make any kind of difference.

I would have liked to seen Siakam be the point guard for this team more often, but he left his game back in Toronto. He just has no confidence in himself to make the right play.

Yep. The whole re-start should have been all about figuring out ways to use Siakam in the half-court and developing the bench (hello TD). Instead, it was all about showcasing Fred.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
        Fred lost like 10 mil because of this series
        Also, I wonder how Pascal would have played if we didn't max him out before the season. Is he still a max player?

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Also, I wonder how Pascal would have played if we didn't max him out before the season. Is he still a max player?
          I'm still optimistic. I think two things about him: he's young, he seems like an emotional player, and he's not 100% confident in his own game yet. That's 3 things.

All to say he has room to grow. This was the first year trying to give him a 1A role. Guys just don't carry you to the Finals in their first year with that, ever. After last year we're expecting a lot from him. On one level, he's struggling and it's okay. Hopefully he does grow more into that role (or at least into an even better 1B) over the next 2-3 seasons as most of the roster around him changes.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I would not be surprised to see Pascal traded this off season, FVV will be resigned.

Comment

• Quirk wrote: View Post

I would not be surprised to see Pascal traded this off season, FVV will be resigned.
              Got to stop and remember this is literally Siakam's second season as a starter in the NBA. Expectations are high, which is fine, but the key ingredient is time. Player development takes time.

Last there years his ppg has gone 7 > 17 > 23 and his defence is good. You don't bail on a guy like this before his rookie deal is even done because he struggled playing COVID ball.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Comment

yeah he's still max Gold. Because there's teams like Knicks and etc. who would gladly give him that money. And we can't really afford to lose him. Max doesn't necessarily mean Kevin Durants and Kawhi's of the world.

Comment

• Kyle and Pascal Pick and roll/pop similar to Kyle and Ibaka. Forget everything else. Just empty that clip

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                      Kyle and Pascal Pick and roll/pop similar to Kyle and Ibaka. Forget everything else. Just empty that clip
                      If Kemba is on FVV I’m good with FVV/Siakam pick and roll/pop too. If we can get Kemba on Pascal that could open things up for him.

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
                        Siakam got called out by his coach tonight. Let's see how he responds on wednesday.
                        That's what I was thinking; that's as close to a public call out as you ever see from Nurse. But he low-key called out Gasol a few weeks ago and .... nothing

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Gasol had 4 points and 2 rebounds in our only comfortable win of the series. As ever, yeah, nice to have, but the team’s success absolutely does not hinge on Gasol’s production. Gasol playing well has basically nothing to do with whether he scores. He was awful in this game, though, including not scoring. But we lose this game regardless if he scores say 10 points and otherwise plays the same. Everyone was garbage.
                          You can't defend Gasol by saying everyone else was garbage.
                          Marc was terrible (regardless of scoring but it emphasizes it) and it's time to see Nurse throw a different look at the opening lineup; Celtics have our opening lineup figured out....

Comment

• I don't want to hear any DeRozan comparison because there is no comparison. If you look at DeRozan's playoff career - other than the 2018 series against the Cavs - DeRozan ALWAYS bounce back after a bad game. You can go back to his first playoff appearance against the Nets. Raps lost to Brooklyn in G1, DeMar scored 14. The following game he scored 30 and led the Raps to a win. 2017 G3 against the Bucks, DD had 8 points and 2 rebounds, he was horrible. In a must win G4, DeMar put up 35/9/5 and led the Raps to a win.

Siakam has five straight horrible games. FIVE. Jaylen Brown has COMPLETELY owned him in this series. It's actually pretty embarassing.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The margin for error is gone.
                              You either believe they can take the next two or not.

To get to game two..you gotta win game one. Brilliant I know.
                              they looked gassed and out of sorts..some of it is Boston’s defense...some of it lands on Gasol and Siakam.

Looking forward to the Raps evening it up Wednesday...which they will do.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                              - TGO

Comment

We've been saying that here for weeks. It was supposed to be the play we didn't see in the nets series because Nurse was "saving it" for this series. It's been criminally under-used. You have a big in Siakam that can both set the screen + roll/pop AND also handle the ball to receive a screen from Lowry (who is also a good screener and himself can either take it to the rim or pop to the 3pt line). It'd be pretty difficult to guard.

Instead what we're using is a FVV/Gasol pnr, which is useless because Gasol will neither roll not shoot the 3 after that action, he just promptly gives it back to a well guarded FVV (even fans watching on TV can see that coming a mile away); now 8 secs of the shot clock is gone, we give it Siakam for a tail-end of the clock contested jumper. That's 75% of our half court offence last game right there.

Comment

Working...
                                X