Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME 6, ECSF: Toronto Raptors @ Boston Celtics - Wednesday, September 9th, 6:30pm ET - SN/ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

It's mostly Smart I think.

But there is something weird going on in the bubble, I'm seeing dudes slipping and falling all over the place. Someone suggested it's the humidity but whatever it is I hope no one gets hurt.
    I've noticed that Fred seems to slip 2-3 times each game. Hopefully it's being looked at. It's happening too often .

Comment

• Could be his And1 shoes

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post

Did you? There was flopping even back then.

https://grantland.com/the-triangle/f...f-nonviolence/
        Of course. Not as blatant as today though.
        Flopping is bad for the game, don't support it.

Comment

• Re game 7, I think we should start Serge at the 5. Powell and Thomas provide shooting off the bench so gasol can just pass it around.

we've spotted them a lead every 1st quarter by an average of 5 points, and have squeaked out in 2 of our wins. We cant afford to spot a 5 point hole a 7th straight time. We need 5 guys that can put the ball in the hoop in the opening lineup
          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
            Re game 7, I think we should start Serge at the 5. Powell and Thomas provide shooting off the bench so gasol can just pass it around.

we've spotted them a lead every 1st quarter by an average of 5 points, and have squeaked out in 2 of our wins. We cant afford to spot a 5 point hole a 7th straight time. We need 5 guys that can put the ball in the hoop in the opening lineup
            Taking an average when there have been two complete eggs laid, while the other games the current starters literally dragged the team to the wins (and close loss) they do have, is a little disingenuous.

The starters won their minutes in games 2, 3, 4 and 6. By a combined 29 points over 77 minutes (181-152, or prorated to a 48 minute game, 113-95, for easy reference), across 4 games where the team's point differential was +8 (total, so +2 on average). True, they have completely collapsed in games 1 and 5. But who here really believes those disasters go any differently with a different starting lineup? Some of you might, I think you are wrong, but it's an unprovable theorem on my part. But why change the stuff that has actually worked in most of the games so far? Never mind that has worked all season long?

Nick didn't swap Gasol out after his worst outing of the year in game 5. He's not doing it after his bounce back performance in game 6, even if he was a little reticent for my taste in bringing Gasol back in to close (that small unit crapped the bed late in regulation, though they eventually came through in OT).
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Re game 7, I think we should start Serge at the 5. Powell and Thomas provide shooting off the bench so gasol can just pass it around.

Nurse won't bench Gasol but I suspect it will be a short leash.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

Taking an average when there have been two complete eggs laid, while the other games the current starters literally dragged the team to the wins (and close loss) they do have, is a little disingenuous.

The starters won their minutes in games 2, 3, 4 and 6. By a combined 29 points over 77 minutes (181-152, or prorated to a 48 minute game, 113-95, for easy reference), across 4 games where the team's point differential was +8 (total, so +2 on average). True, they have completely collapsed in games 1 and 5. But who here really believes those disasters go any differently with a different starting lineup? Some of you might, I think you are wrong, but it's an unprovable theorem on my part. But why change the stuff that has actually worked in most of the games so far? Never mind that has worked all season long?

Nick didn't swap Gasol out after his worst outing of the year in game 5. He's not doing it after his bounce back performance in game 6, even if he was a little reticent for my taste in bringing Gasol back in to close (that small unit crapped the bed late in regulation, though they eventually came through in OT).
                The way Lowry is playing, I could probably start and win my minutes.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post

Nurse won't bench Gasol but I suspect it will be a short leash.
                  Didn't Gasol bench himself on that one play where he was ready to check in? Told Serge to get back into the game. lol.

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

But we've lost the first quarter in every single game, and struggled on offense. I'm not suggesting we take away Marcs minutes, I'm saying we need an offensive injection earlier so as not to spot them a lead. He's down to about 15 minutes a game anyways, it's almost like the mandatory Luis Scola start keeping a spot warm at this point. And no, I'm not literally comparing him to Luis Scola

And..8 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 turnover and 5 personal fouls in 16 minutes is a "bounce back performance"? My, how the mighty have fallen

Comment

• We need to bring these jerseys back tomorrow. Correct that, we need to bring these jerseys back FULL TIME. #ChampionshipJerseys

Mamba Mentality

Comment

But we've lost the first quarter in every single game, and struggled on offense. I'm not suggesting we take away Marcs minutes, I'm saying we need an offensive injection earlier so as not to spot them a lead. He's down to about 15 minutes a game anyways, it's almost like the mandatory Luis Scola start keeping a spot warm at this point. And no, I'm not literally comparing him to Luis Scola

And..8 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 turnover and 5 personal fouls in 16 minutes is a "bounce back performance"? My, how the mighty have fallen
                        Hell I would love an international game version of Luis Scola right now.
                        Amazing how guys like him and Gasol can reach another level playing for their countries.

Comment

• Game 7

Come on Nick its time to unleash TD.

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post

Amazing how guys like him and Gasol can reach another level playing for their countries.
                            Even more amazing that players like Jamal Murray, Andrew Wiggins, Cory Joseph just cannot bring themselves to even show up and play an international game so they could give even just half an effort while playing internationally...

Thank goodness for Tristan Thompson and Kelly Olynyk! Without them our men's national team would be 000000000000

Comment

Well we kno how Nick likes 2 keep players in a good mental spot. Maybe he doesn't wanna mess w it at this point?? And if the big man can b anything like what he was in the early 3rd last game... it could be ok!

If it wouldn't affect either Serge's or Marc's mindset tho, I agree 10000 % on a purely what the players bring standpoint

golden wrote: View Post

The way Lowry is playing, I could probably start and win my minutes.
                              THE FRICKING MAN. NORTH PHILLY'S FINEST!!

golden wrote: View Post

Didn't Gasol bench himself on that one play where he was ready to check in? Told Serge to get back into the game. lol.
                              Did he really??? What play was this hahaha. Do u mean at the start of the game? When MG just like left 4 the locker room and was gonna rip his jersey or smthg??

Comment

• Tmac2darak wrote: View Post

Its because it's a team brand of basketball. Nba basketball doesnt utilize its bigs the same way. Here they mostly just set screens and rebound and watch the guards play.

Comment

Working...
                                X