X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Live. Breath. Sleep. Raptors

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
      Yeah, we wouldn't have a 50 win team that is missing the talent to win a championship. Thank God indeed.
      You'd prefer a 20 win team? And what puts us closer to a championship exactly? Because last time I checked, 50 wins is closer than 20 wins.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        You'd prefer a 20 win team? And what puts us closer to a championship exactly? Because last time I checked, 50 wins is closer than 20 wins.
        This is as bad as Christian's troll comment. You know the answer as it was discussed beyond all reason at this point last year.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
          This is as bad as Christian's troll comment. You know the answer as it was discussed beyond all reason at this point last year.
          One of the best outcomes of the Raps' current success is finally moving on from that damn debate on these boards. Mind you one key injury or month long slump and all bets are off...
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

It's August...all we have is what-ifs right now.
            For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

CBSSports.com: Off Season Report - Toronto Raptors

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              That is such a troll statement.

You nor I nor anyone knows how that would have worked out.

If the raptors went from 9 to #1 overall in the lottery like the Cavs did and drafted Wiggins to go along with JV and Ross setting themselves up for another top pick in 2015 yada yada yada.....

Point is we will never know and the fact Masai has chalked the outcome up to luck as much as anything else is telling. They were prepared to tank and could have just as easily except things and together very quickly last December and January.
              Sorry if you took it that way. My personal opinion is that I wouldn't give up anything that just transpired this last year for Andrew Wiggins. There is no scenario of tanking that would put us in a better place than we are right now. Again my personal opinion.
              Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Tue Aug 12, 2014, 12:48 PM.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                For anyone paying attention, the Raps will be a sleeper pick for the East. They'll realize last season's #3 seed just got a bit deeper and is still developing a young core. Those who only watch the headlines ("Pau Gasol to Chicago!" "Rose is back!" "LBJ & Kevin Love!") won't give the Raps much credit.
                I'm hesitant to call the Raps a "sleeper pick" mostly because I don't want to jinx them. Injuries happen but we've got a deep enough bench that we should be able to weather them (knock on wood!) up until January last year I thought that we need to accumulate more young talent and picks, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Raps in a well fought 2nd round battle.

Bendit wrote: View Post
                I get the feeling their are many prognosticators out there who think the Raptors are going to do better/surprise than maybe even some of it's own fans (us) here in TO.
                I think a lot of us think we are going to do well but are hedging our bets, because most of us have been burned by being overly optimistic in the past. Can't see us in the Finals or Conference Finals, but a strong showing in the second round and upwards of 14 playoff games is totally fine with me (because we haven't gone all in and have a decent cap sheet and draft picks coming in). The last thing I'd want to be is the 2015 version of the Nets.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Sorry if you took it that way. My personal opinion is that I wouldn't give up anything that just transpired this last year for Andrew Wiggins. There is no scenario of tanking that would put us in a better place than we are right now. Again my personal opinion.
                  last year was good. but i'd easily have given it up for a potential star instead of a first round exit.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                    last year was good. but i'd easily have given it up for a potential star instead of a first round exit.
                    I think Bruno will be a star

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Fair enough.

My apologies for jumping the gun.

Comment

Working...
                      X