Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Week long road trips? Definitely gonna take a step back
    Just means we get alot of our road games out of the way in one trip. Longer home stands as well I guess?

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
      Just means we get alot of our road games out of the way in one trip. Longer home stands as well I guess?
      not sure if thats actually better though. then again we did play better on the road last year for a good chunk of the season than we did at home.

Comment

I number of things broke well for us last year — guys had career seasons, and we suffered no serious injuries, particularly to Lowry and DeRozan — which is pretty damn lucky, considering how much contact they absorb.

On the other hand, we lost ground during the first third of the season, before the Rudy Gay trade.

To me, it's a wash. I expect their record to be pretty much the same. The team will play better as a motivated unit but we'll have our slumps, lose a guy here and there for a few weeks.

Comment

I think the guys are hungry, I don't see either Lowry or Derozan, who had career years, taking their respective feet off the pedal.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
            I think the guys are hungry, I don't see either Lowry or Derozan, who had career years, taking their respective feet off the pedal.
            Especially considering both are playing for another contract.

Especially Lowry. He said he got what he wanted with the 4th year player option. If he goes back to old ways everything Masai told him last summer will no longer be whispered it will be fact.

So what some might say, sure he is getting $36 or $48M. True but you know what is better than $36-48m? Another $36-48m.....or more.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Especially considering both are playing for another contract.

Especially Lowry. He said he got what he wanted with the 4th year player option. If he goes back to old ways everything Masai told him last summer will no longer be whispered it will be fact.

So what some might say, sure he is getting $36 or $48M. True but you know what is better than $36-48m? Another $36-48m.....or more.
              Not to mention, if you take Lowry at his word, he cares about having a team to call his own, to be the leader of. If he doesn't show up to lead like he did last year KLOW be out da dOe b4 ya kno.

Masai has no trouble singing big money contracts and flipping them in the first year (see nene)
              Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
              Because its 2015

Comment

every team is going to make adjustments. between seasons. between games. between quarters. it's important that the front office has achievable goals for sustainable, long-term sucess. i don't mind a step back, so long as it means 3 steps forward.

Comment

Hey Jason Goff---guess you were wrong....

Comment

Really interesting to look back at our preseason predictions, hey. Pretty spot on, a lot of them - just didn't account for the massive emo roller coaster ride
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

It's hard to say we took a step back, but we definitely didn't take a step forward. Overall we're about the same. Big steps forward, massive steps back (partly due to injury, it could be argued).
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                        It's hard to say we took a step back, but we definitely didn't take a step forward. Overall we're about the same. Big steps forward, massive steps back (partly due to injury, it could be argued).
                        I agree we are about the same. I tire of this so called media experts making statements as if they know more than most posters on this site---it simply isn't so.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                          I agree we are about the same. I tire of this so called media experts making statements as if they know more than most posters on this site---it simply isn't so.
                          Fair enough, I'm not really bothered by it though, I read/watch/listen to the people who I think know what they are talking about (or have the guests who know what they are talking about) or are funny.

A lot of media people just have to keep churning out content, or the newest buzz word "hot takes" the more topics you cover the less time you can devote to primary research. So much of what media people say is regurgitation of what other media people have said (because they don't have the time/are too lazy do do primary research). Not having anything new to say has never stopped media people from churning stuff out. And unfortunately churning stuff out is more important that churning out something that is actually worthwhile.
                          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                          X