X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• draps
    replied
    ross has a legit chance at most improved

- the US got most of its exposure to ross through the playoffs, where he was terrible
    - because of rudy last year his numbers appeared lower
    - this year, given the added minutes and only minimal improvement in his play 14/5/2/1.5 is pretty attainable
    next years lance stephenson(under derozans wing after he made the step, similar to paul george)

Leave a comment:

• Niagara Raptor
    replied
    the nba analysts are suffering like we are ... too much time on their hands in august so they are filling it the only way they know how

and we are responding in the only way we know how

Leave a comment:

• Papa Burgundy
    replied
    Abbas wrote: View Post
    WALL????
    Kevin Durant and Lebron is middle name is not Wall

lol Wall will be luck to get into the top 10 players
    Most Valuable Player ... Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love are pretty scary ... Westbrook and Ibaka is an impressive tandem ... Brad Beal and Marcin Gortat sound like lead pieces on a winning team? I'm sure LeBron or Durant will win it, but I tried to think of the Most Valuable Player to their team in the NBA next year - who will also be putting up large stats. Wall

Leave a comment:

• Abbas
    replied
    ceez wrote: View Post
    i don't think that's an award
    lol thats my own award

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    anyways, here's mine

Executive of the Year: David Griffin (Cavs)
    Runner up: Pat Riley lol jk suck it Miami

Coach of the Year: Pops. Every year it should be Pops.
    Runner up: Carlisle. have a feeling the mavs are gonna have a really good year

Most Improved Player: The brow. He should've won this year but this award never makes sense.
    Runner up: Parsons. Dude is gonna have a big year.

Sixth Man of the Year: Diamond Lou. Awww yeah.
    Runner up: ED DAVIS

Rookie of the Year: Exum
    Runner up: Wiggins

Defensive Player of the Year: the Brow
    Runner up: Kawhi

Most Valuable Player: Lebron.
    Runner up: Durant

Leave a comment:

• ceez
    replied
    Most Improved Team: CAVS (55 Wins)
    Runner up: Raptors (53 Wins) , Hornets (47 Wins)
    i don't think that's an award

Leave a comment:

• Abbas
    replied
    Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Executive of the Year: Bulls

Coach of the Year: Doc

Most Improved Player: Kawhi

Sixth Man of the Year: Nick Young

Rookie of the Year: Jabari Parker

Defensive Player of the Year: Lance Stephenson

Most Valuable Player: Wall
    WALL????
    Kevin Durant and Lebron is middle name is not Wall

lol Wall will be luck to get into the top 10 players

Leave a comment:

• Papa Burgundy
    replied
    Executive of the Year: Bulls

Coach of the Year: Doc

Most Improved Player: Kawhi

Sixth Man of the Year: Nick Young

Rookie of the Year: Jabari Parker

Defensive Player of the Year: Lance Stephenson

Most Valuable Player: Wall

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied
    My take:

ETOY: Donnie Nelson
    COY: Thibs
    MIP: Anthony Bennett
    6th Man: Manu Ginobili
    ROY: Andrew Wiggins
    DPOY: Joakim Noah
    MVP: Lebron James

Leave a comment:

• ejah
    replied
    I can see Lance Stephenson making the jump and taking MIP. Guy is a monster and he could end up being the one who takes the credit for Charlotte becoming legit this season.

Leave a comment:

• Axel
    replied
    Well he did come back last year for a few games and wasnt that good

Does that count?
    But Rose was MVP before the injury, so he'd have to come back and then improve on that level to get MIP votes. So that isn't happening. He could win Comeback Player of the Year but he won't even be considered for improved.

Beal is a candidate. Ross has a good chance. Waiters could be an option (playing off LeBron will certainly help). JV, Tristan Thompson are bigs likely to get more touches.

I think that Anthony Davis playing into MVP consideration will win it (since he'll fall short of MVP, voters will give him something). With Jeremy Lin and Kwahi Leonard being the strongest competition.

Leave a comment:

• Scraptor
    replied
    Who I think WILL win:
    MVP - LBJ, the story is just too good
    DPOY - Anthony Davis
    MIP - Ricky Rubio. Just a feeling. Anthony Davis should have another monster season but he may be too good already.
    6MOY - Ryan Anderson
    ROY - Andrew Wiggins
    COY - Tom Thibodeau
    EOY - Rich Cho

Who I'd LIKE to win:
    MVP - Kyle Lowry, because he's the goddamn man
    DPOY - Anthony Davis, because he'll probably deserve it
    MIP - Jonas Valanciunas, because I want to see him bust out like a champ (I'm also rooting for Rubio)
    6MOY - Patrick Patterson, because I think he could be a key cog for us off the bench
    ROY - Andrew Wiggins, because he is going to kick some serious ass on Minnesota
    COY - Rick Carlisle, because it's time again (or Pop)
    EOY - Masai Ujiri, because it would probably mean we had a great season

Leave a comment:

• Abbas
    replied
    YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    I think that Beal might be most improved next year. He averaged close to 20 PPG, 5 APG and 5 RPG in the playoffs and shot over 40% from the 3 point line. If he can sustain that over the course of next season, I can not only see him making the all star team, but also being most improved player.

As for Demar, if he can shine in the FIBA tournament, he can help make an early case for his second All star selection this year. He just needs to outshine that Brick layer who replaced Durant on the roster.
    Tbh the only way i see Beal making the all star team is if either Wade and another east guard (Irving,DeRozan,Wall,Rose) gets injured

theres no way i see Beal passing those 5 next year. probably in 2 or 3 years he'll become a all-star

And also if one of thoses guards do get hurt, Beal has to complete with
    Lowry, MCW and Lance

Leave a comment:

• ball4life
    replied
    I think T Ross will get some serious consideration for Most Improved. his numbers from last year lied because of the Gay situation prior to the trade. Ross played better than what his end of season number showed.

just on that basis and a marginal improvement this season will look really good on him. and of course winning 50 games will probably seal it.

Leave a comment:

• YoungGunRaptor
    replied
    Well he did come back last year for a few games and wasnt that good

Does that count?

I think that Beal might be most improved next year. He averaged close to 20 PPG, 5 APG and 5 RPG in the playoffs and shot over 40% from the 3 point line. If he can sustain that over the course of next season, I can not only see him making the all star team, but also being most improved player.

As for Demar, if he can shine in the FIBA tournament, he can help make an early case for his second All star selection this year. He just needs to outshine that Brick layer who replaced Durant on the roster.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X