Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME 7, ECSF: Boston Celtics @ Toronto Raptors - Friday September 11th, 9pm ET - TSN/TNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post

Bingo. Pascal had an amazing season and looking forward to an even better Siakam next season.
    but will he have that in the post season assuming they even make it ?

Comment

• I'm still not convinced the Celtics starters aren't better without Hayward. Kemba/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Theis is just a really well balanced lineup that's tough as hell defensively. Hayward deepens their scoring and would obviously help over 7 games (instead of playing Wannamaker/Ojeleye) but he takes minutes from Smart/Brown too and that doesn't help. Raptors went hard at Kemba as the weak link, Hayward's also a middling defender and would have been another attack point for Toronto.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• how many of siakams turnovers led to points ?

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
          I'm still not convinced the Celtics starters aren't better without Hayward. Kemba/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Theis is just a really well balanced lineup that's tough as hell defensively. Hayward deepens their scoring and would obviously help over 7 games (instead of playing Wannamaker/Ojeleye) but he takes minutes from Smart/Brown too and that doesn't help. Raptors went hard at Kemba as the weak link, Hayward's also a middling defender and would have been another attack point for Toronto.
          Fred said the same in his presser.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Mamba mentality goes away quickly when you dribble off your foot. You have to back up the swagger with technical skills to execute. Pascal is still catching up with his peers.
            I'm not talking about Mamba Mentality. He has none of that. ZERO. Nada. Zilch.

I'm talking about the mindset of a star player. He didn't want to be the guy. His body language the whole series says he didn't want to be the guy. He's just happy to be a role player.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Fear_the_BC wrote: View Post
              how many of siakams turnovers led to points ?
              yes. The answer is yes.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                yeah he'll never be that guy. Handle is the most difficult skill to learn at this level. This is his ceiling
                Demar's handles improved quite a bit during his time at the Raptors.

Really need Siakam and OG to do the same as it's missing in both of their games and certainly makes it a lot harder for them to create their own shots.

Comment

• Great season and showed so much fight until the end. A couple of big contracts off the books now and big decisions to be made. Looking forward to see what Masai does.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    I'm still not convinced the Celtics starters aren't better without Hayward. Kemba/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Theis is just a really well balanced lineup that's tough as hell defensively. Hayward deepens their scoring and would obviously help over 7 games (instead of playing Wannamaker/Ojeleye) but he takes minutes from Smart/Brown too and that doesn't help. Raptors went hard at Kemba as the weak link, Hayward's also a middling defender and would have been another attack point for Toronto.
                    I agree with this. Having Smart in that lineup was such a pain in the ass and could keep Kyle out of the picture unless they switched
                    OG is our king

Comment

but will he have that in the post season assuming they even make it ?
                      It's all about the role he has. Don't forget how Leonard/Siakam gave Jordan/Pippen records a run for their money last playoffs. First game of the Finals Siakam went wild. Plus the bubble, which clearly effected him, and the fact the Raptors have been in the bubble for two weeks longer than other teams because of the international travel quarantine.

I mean Siakam was subpar this playoffs, including against Brooklyn, but he's shown in past playoffs that he can get it done in the right role.

I swear people's memories keep getting shorter. Or maybe this is concern trolling, who can say?

Comment

• can't teach wingspan wrote: View Post

It's all about the role he has. Don't forget how Leonard/Siakam gave Jordan/Pippen records a run for their money last playoffs. First game of the Finals Siakam went wild. Plus the bubble, which clearly effected him, and the fact the Raptors have been in the bubble for two weeks longer than other teams because of the international travel quarantine.

I mean Siakam was subpar this playoffs, including against Brooklyn, but he's shown in past playoffs that he can get it done in the right role.

I swear people's memories keep getting shorter. Or maybe this is concern trolling, who can say?
                        agreed ..he needs a superstar...

bubble affected him ? that's not really an excuse..the truly good players haven't really let them impact them in a negative way

Comment

• I also don't want to see any Lowry or DeRozan comparison. Those two struggled in the playoffs in the past but nothing like this. Did Siakam touched that Monstars basketball from Space Jam? is that the reason why he all of a sudden lost all of his skills?
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            Great season and showed so much fight until the end. A couple of big contracts off the books now and big decisions to be made. Looking forward to see what Masai does.
                            gasol to Orlando or Philly lol

he's obviously gone tho

someone will overpay for Ibaka and sign him longer than the raptors are willing to

I suspect raptors will sign and overpay for the fvv, however...is there really an alternative?
                            ​
                            I dont believe there are notable PGs this year or even next year's stacked free agency

​​

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              I also don't want to see any Lowry or DeRozan comparison. Those two struggled in the playoffs in the past but nothing like this. Did Siakam touched that Monstars basketball from Space Jam? is that the reason why he all of a sudden lost all of his skills?
                              maybe he relies on the crowds energy ..regardless if it's home or away ..spectator sport

Comment

agreed ..he needs a superstar...

bubble affected him ? that's not really an excuse..the truly good players haven't really let them impact them in a negative way
                                I mean, yeah, mental health is a thing that varies from person to person and many players handle it differently, though I think it's potentially harsh considering players have lost family members in the middle of a worldwide pandemic. Regarding regular playoff-related stress last year, Siakam was just peachy.

I haven't seen the bubble being used by Siakam as an excuse for his play (EDIT: post game he's accepting a lot of the blame), but it is certainly a variable or a potential explanation. Just like how he didn't start playing basketball until later in life is a potential variable regarding why his handle resulted in 8 turnovers. It's not an excuse, and the age he started playing is certainly nothing he can control now, but it better explains the situation. Excuses and explanations/potential variables aren't the same thing.

I'm hopeful for him. This isn't a DeRozan situation like people are freaking out about. He plays defense, etc etc and given his past success in the playoffs, Siakam seems like someone who can rebound from this playoff season for next year.
                                Last edited by can't teach wingspan; Sat Sep 12, 2020, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X