Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME 7, ECSF: Boston Celtics @ Toronto Raptors - Friday September 11th, 9pm ET - TSN/TNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dylan123
    replied
    MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    yeah he'll never be that guy. Handle is the most difficult skill to learn at this level. This is his ceiling
    Demar's handles improved quite a bit during his time at the Raptors.

Really need Siakam and OG to do the same as it's missing in both of their games and certainly makes it a lot harder for them to create their own shots.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Fear_the_BC wrote: View Post
    how many of siakams turnovers led to points ?
    yes. The answer is yes.

Leave a comment:

• The Great One
    replied
    golden wrote: View Post

Mamba mentality goes away quickly when you dribble off your foot. You have to back up the swagger with technical skills to execute. Pascal is still catching up with his peers.
    I'm not talking about Mamba Mentality. He has none of that. ZERO. Nada. Zilch.

I'm talking about the mindset of a star player. He didn't want to be the guy. His body language the whole series says he didn't want to be the guy. He's just happy to be a role player.

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    S.R. wrote: View Post
    I'm still not convinced the Celtics starters aren't better without Hayward. Kemba/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Theis is just a really well balanced lineup that's tough as hell defensively. Hayward deepens their scoring and would obviously help over 7 games (instead of playing Wannamaker/Ojeleye) but he takes minutes from Smart/Brown too and that doesn't help. Raptors went hard at Kemba as the weak link, Hayward's also a middling defender and would have been another attack point for Toronto.
    Fred said the same in his presser.

Leave a comment:

• Fear_the_BC
    replied
    how many of siakams turnovers led to points ?

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied
    I'm still not convinced the Celtics starters aren't better without Hayward. Kemba/Smart/Brown/Tatum/Theis is just a really well balanced lineup that's tough as hell defensively. Hayward deepens their scoring and would obviously help over 7 games (instead of playing Wannamaker/Ojeleye) but he takes minutes from Smart/Brown too and that doesn't help. Raptors went hard at Kemba as the weak link, Hayward's also a middling defender and would have been another attack point for Toronto.

Leave a comment:

• Fear_the_BC
    replied
    slaw wrote: View Post

Bingo. Pascal had an amazing season and looking forward to an even better Siakam next season.
    but will he have that in the post season assuming they even make it ?

Leave a comment:

• GOLDBLUM
    replied
    Glad it was competitive and entertaining to the last. Sad to say goodbye to the defending Champs. Hoped the magic would hold out, but we know how rare that magic can be. They had a touch of it all season long. Super proud of what they've done and looking forward to the future.

That's the most candid and non-combative I've ever seen Kyle in a presser. You can see his love for playing with these guys. You can see his love for playing with the Toronto Raptors.

Looking forward to what comes next.

Leave a comment:

• bertarapsfan
    replied

end of an era

Leave a comment:

• planetmars
    replied

Leave a comment:

• slaw
    replied
    Nobody's offseason is affected by what happened here. Raptors have a plan in place. These are solid players.
    Bingo. Pascal had an amazing season and looking forward to an even better Siakam next season.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Hannibal Lecter
    replied
    Nobody's offseason is affected by what happened here. Raptors have a plan in place. These are solid players.
    Giannis Antetokounmpo

Leave a comment:

• TypeSly
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Lol. Good point. That's exactly what he is, a broken clock.

Leave a comment:

• S.R.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• A.I
    replied
    GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post
    I don't know how we can say this is his ceiling when we've already, frequently seen him be way, way better.

Man needs a reset. Not a delete.
    Some people got short term memories or only care about the short term. He'll be fine. He may not be that main guy, but hes proven he can be the second scoring option on a championship team. All the Raptors need to do is get the main guy. Obviously if you can trade Pascal for a superstar, thats different.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X