Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME 7, ECSF: Boston Celtics @ Toronto Raptors - Friday September 11th, 9pm ET - TSN/TNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Game 7's usually really suck. Everyone plays timid typically. We'll need a Lu Dort performance from someone on our team to win this one as we don't have a Kawhi to take 41 shots and bail us out.

I have a feeling OG will be that guy. I can see him getting 30 tonight for some reason.
    I feel like nerves will be on the celtics side. They had 2 chances to close us. We probably feel like were playing with house money. The guys are coming off a champioinship run in front of huge crowds and now they just going to play a pick up game in front of their wives and children. Tatum, brown and Kemba are probably thinking about their legacy and how much harder it will be next year with the nets. Their thinking about being up 2-0 on cleveland and losing in 7.
    I could see it being sloppy but most of our guys should have cool heads. They been in way bigger games then this
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

All we need is a relatively efficient game from FVV and a sub-par offensive game from Pascal (instead of his usual train-wreck) and we could win this comfortably, like Game 4. Those 2 guys are supposed to be the foundation franchise players for the future. That's not a huge ask.

Comment

Game 7's usually really suck. Everyone plays timid typically. We'll need a Lu Dort performance from someone on our team to win this one as we don't have a Kawhi to take 41 shots and bail us out.

I have a feeling OG will be that guy. I can see him getting 30 tonight for some reason.
        At this point, Pascal is our Dort. The expectations for him are so low now that when he drops 30, everyone will be surprised.

Comment

bertarapsfan wrote: View Post

I feel like nerves will be on the celtics side. They had 2 chances to close us. We probably feel like were playing with house money. The guys are coming off a champioinship run in front of huge crowds and now they just going to play a pick up game in front of their wives and children. Tatum, brown and Kemba are probably thinking about their legacy and how much harder it will be next year with the nets. Their thinking about being up 2-0 on cleveland and losing in 7.
          I could see it being sloppy but most of our guys should have cool heads. They been in way bigger games then this
          Raptors are playing with house money, but I think that feeling is more with us fans then with the players. I think they really want this and they don't want to lose. I don't think they'll be playing loose. They didn't really in game 6 and that was a must win.

I think it's going to be a tight contest.. and because so many players on either side played such big minutes in game 6 it will be a slog fest.

Let's hope the Celtics are more perturbed than our guys will be. Hoping for a good, solid first quarter from the Raptors. That will make me feel a lot better anyway. In both blow out losses we lost big in the first quarter.

Comment

So looking back.. game 7 against the Cavs in 2018.

Boston won the first quarter 26-18. And then it unraveled from there. 17-21, 13-20, 23-28. So they started big and then maybe the moment got to them and they shrunk.

So even if the Celtics win the first quarter again, we might pull through if we just keep composed. But that's a tall task. Still hoping we win the first quarter or at least keep it close going into the second.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
              All we need is a relatively efficient game from FVV and a sub-par offensive game from Pascal (instead of his usual train-wreck) and we could win this comfortably, like Game 4. Those 2 guys are supposed to be the foundation franchise players for the future. That's not a huge ask.
              I have more faith in Pascal then Fred at this point. Fred can get us big 3pt buckets (he had 9 in a row in game 6, giving us the lead). But I just have lost a lot of faith in Fred. Some of his decisions are really baffling. At least with Siakam he's usually in the right spot, just can't deliver. Fred is typically all over the place. And he has the ball in his hands way more than Pascal does.

Comment

This was hinted at yesterday but it's official now:

Crew Chief: Scott Foster
                Referee: Zach Zarba
                Umpire: David Guthrie
                Alternate: Tre Maddox

Ugh Scott Foster. Someone's getting ejected.

Comment

Could be Norm that has awakened

Comment

I have more faith in Pascal then Fred at this point. Fred can get us big 3pt buckets (he had 9 in a row in game 6, giving us the lead). But I just have lost a lot of faith in Fred. Some of his decisions are really baffling. At least with Siakam he's usually in the right spot, just can't deliver. Fred is typically all over the place. And he has the ball in his hands way more than Pascal does.
                    I feel the opposite. I think Siakam has been the worst decision maker on the team. I don't like Fred's deep 3s when he is struggling but he has proven he can hit those shots. Pascal has been a disaster in virtually all offensive areas. Way too many pull up 3s with 15+ seconds on the clock. Way too many blind post ups from 16 feet into defenders that have schooled him. Way too many reckless drives into the teeth of the defence. Way too many careless turnovers at key times. He has been abysmal on the offensive side.

Comment

I recognize most of those names, never a good sign
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

All the pressure is on the Celtics now. Here we go!

Comment

Good read

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/9...iew-small-ball

Boston starts four perimeter players who can drive, shoot, and pass (Kemba Walker, Marcus Smart, Jaylen Brown, and Jayson Tatum) and an undersized but mobile big man (Daniel Theis). They are almost impossible to guard in end-of-game situations when they can spread out the defense and isolate the slowest defender at the 3-point line. The result is that Toronto’s two normally excellent traditional big men (Marc Gasol and Serge Ibaka) have been an ace in Boston’s back pocket in this series with the game on the line.

Not only are Gasol and Ibaka two of his most trusted veterans, they are better all-around players than the players replacing them. Shifting Anunoby and Siakam down a position puts another guard on the floor, which is a problem given that Nurse is using only a seven-man rotation. Powell, a 6-foot-3 guard who has a long history of ups and downs in Toronto, can do only two things better than the Raptors’ centers: shoot 3s and guard the 3-point line.

But at a certain point in the playoffs, those are the only things that matter. Powell came up huge in Game 6 with 23 points on 6-of-11 shooting. He will need to be just as good for the Raptors to win Game 7 on Friday.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

TD2. C'mon, Nick. Lots of rookies and inexperienced players are playing good minutes in these playoffs. It's becoming a young man's game.

Comment

Lowry kicked some serious butt in the 2016 Heat series game 7. Haven’t had many since then, just Philly last year.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If someone gets ejected I hope it's Smart
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X