Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME 7, ECSF: Boston Celtics @ Toronto Raptors - Friday September 11th, 9pm ET - TSN/TNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post

Better yet, plant covid into tatum and kemba.

Too far?
    What an idiotic post. Your hypocrisy is oozing from all of your crevices and fissures.

Comment

HogieTime wrote: View Post
      Bloody hell, just noticed the game starts at 9! I hate those late starts, I have to get up every morning at 5:30. I have pvr but for game 7 I don't think I can wait.
      That sucks for you. The later the better for me, especially on a Friday night. The problem with me is the anticipation. Have to wait a full 7+ hours until game time and that's a long time to wait.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
        This was hinted at yesterday but it's official now:

Crew Chief: Scott Foster
        Referee: Zach Zarba
        Umpire: David Guthrie
        Alternate: Tre Maddox

Ugh Scott Foster. Someone's getting ejected.
        The Clips / Nuggets get Marc Davis and Tony Brothers and Kevin Scott....

All in all... two of the most experienced crews the league has... lets hope we don't notice who is on the whistle past this...
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          All the pressure is on the Celtics now. Here we go!
          Yes I think your right.
          The Celts let the Raps up off the mat not once but twice....
          That never ends well.

There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

Personally I think pressure/momentum etc. are overblown, it's often a hindsight narrative. Reality is these games go either way depending on in-game execution and that's it. Then you tie the outcomes together and make a nice story out of it.

Rarely but occasionally there is momentum where a team just can't reverse what's happening, like the 'We Believe' Warriors series.

Tonight will just be execution. Which team brings it at a higher level. That team has won each of the first 6 games and will again tonight. May be an ugly slog but executing in that context is part of it, too.

Wanna win this one so bad. Boston tears are delicious.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

No matter what happens from here on out I WILL NEVER STOP USING THE KYLE LOWRY PARADE GIF (Larry OB on top of the bus) on social media, ever. It has made my life complete. The other 29 teams can eat it.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

That's underselling it imo. I'm really dating myself here but 10 15 years ago he was arguably THE best sports writer/columnist I've ever had the pleasure of reading.

But yeah now hes a rich podcaster and that's not what made him special
                Simmons has been doing the same bit for 20 years targeted at a certain demographic. You aren't in the demo anymore. Made him rich, though.

Comment

Game day! FUCK THE CELTICS
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                    Personally I think pressure/momentum etc. are overblown, it's often a hindsight narrative. Reality is these games go either way depending on in-game execution and that's it. Then you tie the outcomes together and make a nice story out of it.

Rarely but occasionally there is momentum where a team just can't reverse what's happening, like the 'We Believe' Warriors series.

Tonight will just be execution. Which team brings it at a higher level. That team has won each of the first 6 games and will again tonight. May be an ugly slog but executing in that context is part of it, too.

Wanna win this one so bad. Boston tears are delicious.
                    Definitely do believe some guys get in their head for big games and cant handle extra pressure - dont think either team has a huge advantage going into the game there though. If one team gets up by double digits early though I could see desperation plays with added pressure. Yeah I think this game ends up a rock fight, which is kinda Lowry’s specialty.

Go Raps!

Comment

The Claw Reborn wrote: View Post

What an idiotic post. Your hypocrisy is oozing from all of your crevices and fissures.
                      Glad to see my #1 fan is back. I remember you spending an entire year calling nick nurse an idiot so I'll take it as the highest of compliments
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/sta...686977024?s=20

$500k bonus for a win tonight!?

Maybe this is the motivator that Pascal needs.
                        Last edited by Kagemusha; Fri Sep 11, 2020, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Kagemusha wrote: View Post
                          https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/sta...686977024?s=20

$500k bonus for a win tonight!?

Maybe this is the motivator that Pascal needs.
                          Pascal 's max salary is his actual max. Can't provide bonuses above it. Lowry makes less than his max, hence the ability to tack on performance bonuses. He also has bonuses for all star, finals appearance, championship and all-defence and all-NBA selections, if I recall correctly.

Technically Pascal did have an incentive to make a top 2 all-NBA team, which would increase his max salary.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

just peacefully waiting for game 7

OG is our king

Comment

Coach Nick broke out the box and 1 to stymie Kemba in the first half and then finally went small to close the game. This got us a double overtime win. Should be interesting to see how the chess match works out tonight. What is the response if Brad goes even smaller?

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                                Coach Nick broke out the box and 1 to stymie Kemba in the first half and then finally went small to close the game. This got us a double overtime win. Should be interesting to see how the chess match works out tonight. What is the response if Brad goes even smaller?
                                I think they'll be at a bigger disadvantage if they go small to counter the Raptors. Theis did well catching some lobs late in the game, thats the only flaw in the Raptors small ball lineup.

Comment

Working...
                                X