Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME 7, ECSF: Boston Celtics @ Toronto Raptors - Friday September 11th, 9pm ET - TSN/TNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welp, great season and a good series, can't complain too much overall. Too bad they kept pissing away possessions on Siakam iso's that hadn't worked all series and for some reason Fred was our starting PG all night again and Lowry mostly stood around off ball. I don't understand it. So much one-on-one with guys standing around, the halfcourt offence didn't need to be that hard. Too predictable and they kept getting turned over, guys just collapsed on ball handlers.

Defence was really, really good and gave them a chance in the end. Wish we had played more of the small lineup earlier, also wish they had stuck with some of the bench guys in for Siakam/Gasol in the first half bc Siakam/Gasol were killing us, made the runs with them out and Thomas/Powell/Ibaka in.

Solid job Boston is just better. Glad it was pushed to a game 7.

Would really like to see a Celtics/Clippers final. Tatum/Brown vs Kawhi/George showdown.
    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• TypeSly wrote: View Post
      I guess I'm cheering for Boston now.
      Just admit it dude. You're a Celtics fan.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post

I am now!

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

IF Masai doesn't get poached by other teams first.
          Do you think those concerns won't affect his decision for his own future?
          it is well known that Knicks are after him, I feel that the MLSE will find it hard to convince him to stay. On the other hand, we might go into rebuilding, it is tough, it is really tough to determine which path this management will take.

Comment

• We all wanted him to stop shooting threes? Which do you prefer. Pascal was pushed to be a number 1 or 2 option. He’s not ready, but it’s not time to give up
            on him either

Comment

Gasol better not be here next season. I hope Lowy comes back for one more season.
              Kyle's already under contract for next season. And he's sure not going to be traded.
              Pascal will be back too, fans might as well get that in their head now.

Marc is gone, I don't think his head is in the game any longer. FVV will be signed for a bit more than many of us think he's worth.
              Time to bring in a new starting centre to play with Serge.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post

Glad to see my #1 fan is back. I remember you spending an entire year calling nick nurse an idiot so I'll take it as the highest of compliments
                Says the guy who stalk posters here for a living...wishing Covid for Boston players to have says a lot about you outside of your Raptors Republic career.

Comment

• He may not be the franchise guy, but why did we even think he was? He can still live up to the max contract.

Comment

I guess I'm cheering for Boston now.
                    *barf*
                    No one left to cheer for, Miami would be the most palatable but *barf*
                    Nuggets if they find a miracle
                    Last edited by G__Deane; Sat Sep 12, 2020, 12:06 AM.

Comment

I can't stand Jimmy Butler. And I don't like the Clippers or the Lakers... So go Boston!

Comment

• Gasol a team worst -19 in 19 minutes tonight, whoops. I think that was his worst game of the series. 3 bench guys were all plusses.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• bertarapsfan wrote: View Post
                          Freds not a 20 mil man.
                          i wouldnt give Gasol any more then a vet min
                          Kyle is the Goat
                          Pascal still needs to get better to be a number 1 option.
                          Offseason just got easier for masai
                          Pascal will never be the guy. He doesn't have the mentality of a star player. They need to get rid of him this offseason.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

*barf*
                            No one left to cheer for, Miami would be the most palatable but *barf*
                            If Denver can miraculously pull off a series win I'm going with them
                            OG is our king

Comment

• On the bright side any basketball I watch from here on out (until next season) will be completely stress free
                              OG is our king

Comment

They have Tatum, we don't. That's the difference.

I'm not even mad honestly. What would piss me off is if they bring Siakam back next year. He's not that dude. SEVEN straight horrific games. I've never seen anything like it from a "star" player. He got worse and worse every game.
                                It all comes back to his dribbling skills. His handle isn’t tight enough. And his body isn’t strong enough. At least not for playoff level intensity and defenders level. This didn’t start in the bubble. It started against top ranked teams and got worse just before the all star break. The easy transition points Pascal gets in the regular season masked the problem. Just compare Pascal’s dribbling to just about any franchise player... it’s not even close.

Comment

Working...
                                X