Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME 7, ECSF: Boston Celtics @ Toronto Raptors - Friday September 11th, 9pm ET - TSN/TNT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heartbreaking but there's no shame in losing in 7 to what was widely considered to be the more talented team.

As for Pascal, it's a learning experience. We know he's capable of performing at a higher level than what he's shown in the bubble. I'm sure he'll have the right guys in his corner to help him grow from this.

On to next season!

Comment

• pascal will be fine. i was thinking about his age and wishing he was closer to his 20's than 30s, but he started playing late and thus doesnt have the usual mileage on his body anyway.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
        pascal will be fine. i was thinking about his age and wishing he was closer to his 20's than 30s, but he started playing late and thus doesnt have the usual mileage on his body anyway.
        A lot of people have the mindset seen in video game that a player will always improve up to a certain age. Although this can be applied to some players, in reality it is not. Tyrek Evans at one point was anointed the next big thing, oj mayo etc. There are a lot of players that did not improve at all even being young. Again there are also a lot of players like a lowry that kept on improving well into their 30s. so this whole pascal reaching his peak at the age of 26 is unfair to him.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
          Listen to Shaq. It's exactly what I'm saying. Being a great player is a mindset. Siakam is just happy to be a role player.

Barkley: " ,,can they attract free agents,,?"

Exactly. We had a chance to re sign Kawhi and get PG and Russ, which could've been flipped for CP3.
          I'd take that chance over certain obscurity, any time.
          Who cares about giving certain players the chance to defend their championship? This business is all about winning - trophies over nostalgia.

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

Exactly. We had a chance to re sign Kawhi and get PG and Russ, which could've been flipped for CP3.
            Who cares about giving certain players the chance to defend their championship? This business is all about winning - trophies over nostalgia.
            if we traded for pg and rus we would have been stuck with russ and capped out.. russ depends on athleticism WAAAAY too much and has had too many injuries.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

if we traded for pg and rus we would have been stuck with russ and capped out.. russ depends on athleticism WAAAAY too much and has had too many injuries.
              Could've dealt Russ for CP3

Comment

• Kagemusha wrote: View Post

They did? Lol. That was Kawhi forcing the Clips hand and the Thunder driving up the price. Kawhi was never not going to LA. He’d be a Laker right now if the Clips had not traded for George.

This management team did what many people thought was impossible: built a championship team. Fans need to have some patience.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

OG came back to the bubble with much improved handles. Not sure why Pascal wasn’t able to at least dribble a basketball every day during the Covid break.
                  As I said before, blame drunky drake for not having him over for a few sleepovers on the home court.
                  Prolly nobody been on the poser's court in a year except the cleaning staff....
                  Last edited by G__Deane; Sat Sep 12, 2020, 04:31 PM.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

As I said before, blame drunky drake for not having him over for a few sleepovers on the home court
                    You don’t need a court to practice dribbling. That’s a long way around to get in a shot a Drake, though. Deaner gonna Deane.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                      The NBA can be wildly unpredictable. I had this team as a 5th or 6th seed coming into the season, and they were the 2nd best team in the league.. and a few bad plays from potentially advancing to the ECF again, or even the finals.

Pascal was drafted at the 27th spot. Who knows who we get at the 29th spot this year. Did anyone even know who Matt Thomas or Terrence Davis were before they were selected after the draft? I mean those guys weren't even drafted. Give those two more minutes next year, and maybe one turns into an all-star caliber player like Siakam did for us this season.

A lot can happen in one off season. I am not hitching my cart to Giannis or any other super star that is playing right now. Our super star is Masai. As long as we have him we are good (and please MLSE, extend the dude). He'll find a way to keep us competitive.. and look at Miami. They have a bunch of role players and Jimmy Butler. Butler isn't even really playing that well and they just almost swept the Bucks and are in the ECF.

Masai will find 2-way players that can shoot and have a drive. An edge. The "Masai" type of player is awesome. He's got a nose for finding those guys. He'll find more.

Star players definitely make it easier for you to win. But when you have a collection of awesome dudes that every team wants.. you have trade capital that can eventually get you a star. In the meantime build within.. Stay competitive. Try to get far into the playoffs and eventually get a chip again. It's a process and in the meantime gives fans like me a great product to watch and cheer for.
                      Thank you.

Comment

• The Siakam hate on social media is ridiculous. I don't remember Lowry or DeRozan getting this kind of hate.

Comment

• Lots of racist tweets too.

Comment

• Sonny wrote: View Post
                            The Siakam hate on social media is ridiculous. I don't remember Lowry or DeRozan getting this kind of hate.
                            It's unbelievable... like literally, not believable. I took a quick look and went "holy f***". Who are these people? Probably the bandwagon fans that jumped on last year.

Comment

It's unbelievable... like literally, not believable. I took a quick look and went "holy f***". Who are these people? Probably the bandwagon fans that jumped on last year.
                              I don't want to dismiss the possibility it's some of 'us' but I wonder how many are not Raptors fans at all - either fans of another team we just played or general NBA fans. With Toronto being higher profile after that ring and just having played a pretty high profile series on national TV, are these just general NBA assholes piling on? It's disgusting.
                              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Yeah i mean it's just game people. Grow the fuck up
                                Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Working...
                                X