Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fuck man that sucks Klay achilles. I was really looking forward to see the "old school" warriors this fucking blow everyone loves Klay even if you arnt a warriors fan.
    To be the champs you got to beat the champs

    Comment


    • Maybe bucks were offering less then what bodnavic thinks he can get on the open market? Maybe he doesnt want to lose in the 2nd round.
      All i know if this actually doesnt go through it doesnt do anything to instill confidence in the front office from Giannis
      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

      Comment


      • Clips about to announce trade with Brooklyn's pick, 19th pick for Shamet and turn around and get Cannard from Detroit

        Comment


        • GOLDBLUM wrote: View Post

          This is ominous, coming from you, doctor.
          Always trust your doctor, the doctor knows what's best for Giannis
          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
          My kitchen is always open to friends"

          Comment


          • Morey is sorting out that roster in Philly. New starting 5 (at this point) makes more sense: Simmons/Curry/Green/Harris/Embiid. Better spacing.

            Wonder if he tries to move Harris? That's the tough one. But maybe pressure's off with Horford out of the mix.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

            Comment


            • S.R. wrote: View Post
              Morey is sorting out that roster in Philly. New starting 5 (at this point) makes more sense: Simmons/Curry/Green/Harris/Embiid. Better spacing.

              Wonder if he tries to move Harris? That's the tough one. But maybe pressure's off with Horford out of the mix.
              Harris fits fine he is just grossly overpaid. They can live with that so long as Simmons and Embiid produce. But I don’t think Morey is done yet....

              Comment


              • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

                What an idiotic question Dan.
                Try a closer compare at least. .
                I'll take that as a yes!

                So what you are saying is what really matters is if the players you are trading are better or worse than the players you are getting.

                So, does that answer your original question, or...?
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

                Comment


                • DanH wrote: View Post

                  I'll take that as a yes!

                  So what you are saying is what really matters is if the players you are trading are better or worse than the players you are getting.

                  So, does that answer your original question, or...?
                  Your pirouetting here ...
                  My view is that why would you trade for guys off a team that you regularly kick their ass up their throats ?
                  Augmenting that... they have won .. nuthin.
                  In 3 years.
                  Hell the flawed Demar and Kyle show beat Tuner and George.
                  Olidipo and Sabonis have matched the futility of Indy playoff failures have they not ?

                  I see it as you using classic minor hockey thinking. Bringing in players that are marginally better or worse than what you have.
                  Collangelo style trades for the sake of trades .

                  And again... frame that with current talent your proposing to move out has won something while the players you are after have not won jackshit with the added bonus the current talent along the way has done it by beating the players your trading for.

                  Hard pass.

                  So.. I trust that answers your response as to why not..

                  And yes..I trade the fabled Malcom Miller for Fat Joel.
                  But we are not talking about that simplistic a move are we.


                  Canadas election mantra #Dump the Chump

                  Comment


                  • So who was the steal of the draft ?

                    Im going with the Prince of Tel Aviv ...Deni Avdija
                    Another 16 year old who was playing on a major Euro club team in Macabi Tel Aviv with the men and more than holding his own.
                    The ethnocentric NBA should have learned from Luca...
                    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Nov 19, 2020, 10:56 AM.
                    Canadas election mantra #Dump the Chump

                    Comment


                    • Demographic Shift wrote: View Post

                      Your pirouetting here ...
                      My view is that why would you trade for guys off a team that you regularly kick their ass up their throats ?
                      Augmenting that... they have won .. nuthin.
                      In 3 years.
                      Hell the flawed Demar and Kyle show beat Tuner and George.
                      Olidipo and Sabonis have matched the futility of Indy playoff failures have they not ?

                      I see it as you using classic minor hockey thinking. Bringing in players that are marginally better or worse than what you have.
                      Collangelo style trades for the sake of trades .

                      And again... frame that with current talent your proposing to move out has won something while the players you are after have not won jackshit with the added bonus the current talent along the way has done it by beating the players your trading for.

                      Hard pass.

                      So.. I trust that answers your response as to why not..

                      And yes..I trade the fabled Malcom Miller for Fat Joel.
                      But we are not talking about that simplistic a move are we.

                      You argument is: the players on the team that wins more should not be traded for the players on the team that wins less, without making any argument about how much each set of players contributes to their team's success or lack thereof. Yeah, I'm the one making a simplistic argument...

                      It sounds like you have a real argument to make about the relative quality of the players, but this is the first time you've referenced it.

                      As for your point about their relative quality, I think it is fair. It is definitely a trade made on relative upside - at his best, Oladipo is the best player in the trade by far, but there is a very good chance he is never at his best again. That decision should not hinge on ignoring all that because one team won more games than the other. By that logic there are very few teams the Raptors could even consider trading with - really cutting down on your available talent there.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

                      Comment


                      • Moving this discussion to this thread since it fits here more...


                        DanH wrote: View Post

                        First name I thought of was Steven Adams, but he makes 27M.

                        Also, Norm and McCaw combine for 14.9M this summer. Add Stan and it comes to 18.7M. Add TD and it's 20.2M. So anything under 25.35M coming back.

                        Gorgui Dieng in Memphis could get moved, though he's very much a backup. I doubt Charlotte is looking to move Cody Zeller.

                        LMA in SAS is interesting. Wonder what interest they would have in a deal? Expiring at 24M. Rudy Gobert is about 1M too much, we could add another piece like Dewan but then that's a 5 for 1 trade which is hard to make work from a roster standpoint and I don't know if that's nearly enough value, and obviously you wouldn't want to send out much in way of picks.

                        That's pretty much the list. The alternative is trying to leverage Norm's value in trade without leveraging his contract, go hunting for a young C on a rookie scale deal that a team might be looking to move. I'd sure be seeing if the Bulls would consider letting WCJ go for anything reasonable, including next year's 1st (say Norm, TD, 2021 1st).

                        Raps also have their full MLE - so if they see a lower value FA out there that is looking to sign for multiple years at 5M, they could try that, or could also pitch them on 10M per with only the first year guaranteed (would need to be careful with the 2021 guarantee date, probably mid July or the equivalent in whatever offseason we get next year), which would let them keep them if they strike out in 2021 and like what they bring or cut them to make room for a bigger signing.
                        I'm a no on Dieng and Zeller. Just don't think they move the dial. If we're getting just anyone might as well give a MLE to someone like Biyombo or see if Tristan Thompson would want to come here for that.

                        A little worried about LMA's $7M guarantee in 2021. That's going to affect our max offer sheet. But that's a good option otherwise.


                        I really would love to try and get Gobert somehow. Not that I'm a fan, but just to see him in a Raptor uniform for a year, before 2021. And if Clarkson leaves Utah, they could really use a replacement like Norm who would be perfect as a 6th man.

                        The only way to really do it is with a S&T. For someone like RHJ or Boucher. And hope that one of those guys would like playing in Utah for at least a year. They would have a BYC contract so would take some finesse to manage it.. but might be able to pull it off without having to do a 5-1 trade like you suggested.



                        Comment


                        • DanH wrote: View Post

                          You argument is: the players on the team that wins more should not be traded for the players on the team that wins less, without making any argument about how much each set of players contributes to their team's success or lack thereof. Yeah, I'm the one making a simplistic argument...

                          It sounds like you have a real argument to make about the relative quality of the players, but this is the first time you've referenced it.

                          As for your point about their relative quality, I think it is fair. It is definitely a trade made on relative upside - at his best, Oladipo is the best player in the trade by far, but there is a very good chance he is never at his best again. That decision should not hinge on ignoring all that because one team won more games than the other. By that logic there are very few teams the Raptors could even consider trading with - really cutting down on your available talent there.
                          I'll take that as a concession speech.
                          Sports is more than raw numbers..
                          Its a cocktail of talent, emotion, injury, in game IQ and want to character.

                          Olidipo barely moves the needle on Want to character. He is coming off a major injury.
                          Turner plays a position that in todays game is not as valueable as it once was. He is a good player at a non impact position.
                          Neither of them have made Indy win anything more than a ticket to the post season in the East. .

                          Hard pass.

                          Canadas election mantra #Dump the Chump

                          Comment


                          • planetmars wrote: View Post
                            Moving this discussion to this thread since it fits here more...




                            I'm a no on Dieng and Zeller. Just don't think they move the dial. If we're getting just anyone might as well give a MLE to someone like Biyombo or see if Tristan Thompson would want to come here for that.

                            A little worried about LMA's $7M guarantee in 2021. That's going to affect our max offer sheet. But that's a good option otherwise.


                            I really would love to try and get Gobert somehow. Not that I'm a fan, but just to see him in a Raptor uniform for a year, before 2021. And if Clarkson leaves Utah, they could really use a replacement like Norm who would be perfect as a 6th man.

                            The only way to really do it is with a S&T. For someone like RHJ or Boucher. And hope that one of those guys would like playing in Utah for at least a year. They would have a BYC contract so would take some finesse to manage it.. but might be able to pull it off without having to do a 5-1 trade like you suggested.


                            If the agreed to strategy in the Raps front office is that we are going to have a max slot for the Alphabet if he hits free agency and be able to show him that the players he will be playing with have won and can win again then we are going to sign Freddy.

                            We have Pascal and OG under contract and have a shot at keeping Lowry on a last contract for a price.

                            Gobert would be great but think his valuation would put us in a tough spot to maintain that max salary slot with a litttle wiggle room. So its a regrettable pass on Rudy.

                            Hoping we are able to land a guy like Harry Giles for less than what Gobert wants and deserves for pretty close to the same production.
                            After the Kings front office cocked up yet another situation .. maybe there is an outside chance to pick up another shooter and guy who can get his own shot in Bogdonavic.

                            We shall see in a week to 10 days.




                            Last edited by Demographic Shift; Thu Nov 19, 2020, 11:00 AM.
                            Canadas election mantra #Dump the Chump

                            Comment


                            • planetmars wrote: View Post
                              Moving this discussion to this thread since it fits here more...




                              I'm a no on Dieng and Zeller. Just don't think they move the dial. If we're getting just anyone might as well give a MLE to someone like Biyombo or see if Tristan Thompson would want to come here for that.

                              A little worried about LMA's $7M guarantee in 2021. That's going to affect our max offer sheet. But that's a good option otherwise.


                              I really would love to try and get Gobert somehow. Not that I'm a fan, but just to see him in a Raptor uniform for a year, before 2021. And if Clarkson leaves Utah, they could really use a replacement like Norm who would be perfect as a 6th man.

                              The only way to really do it is with a S&T. For someone like RHJ or Boucher. And hope that one of those guys would like playing in Utah for at least a year. They would have a BYC contract so would take some finesse to manage it.. but might be able to pull it off without having to do a 5-1 trade like you suggested.


                              LMA's partially guaranteed season is this coming season. He's a full on UFA next summer. Would be a one year rental and would assume the Spurs guarantee his deal to make the trade.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

                              Comment


                              • DanH wrote: View Post

                                LMA's partially guaranteed season is this coming season. He's a full on UFA next summer. Would be a one year rental and would assume the Spurs guarantee his deal to make the trade.
                                Yes.. that's much better.. was looking at the wrong column in the cap sheet for the Spurs. I think LMA would be a great fit. He'd command attention in the block and he's shooting 3's as well, or did this past season.

                                Here is shot chart:
                                https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask?q=l...hart+2019-2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X