No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gasol was awesome during the regular season.. and is great in some match ups. Like imagine facing Philly in the playoffs again. That's a Gasol match up. Or if not him, Dwight who'll come off the bench.

I want Marc back for sure.. hopefully we can get him back for $5M but I'd rather have him over Serge for the season. If I had to make a choice.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      This is probably going to be laughed at.. but would the Kings trade Bagley for Norm and a FRP?

Bagley was picked before Doncic so he has baggage and may be untradeable. Norm is not an all-star. But it's seeming likely that they will lose Bogdanovich. And they'll need a guard that can score to replace what he did for them.

Just trying to find a player that can become a free agent next season but can be traded for some of our guard depth that we have a lot of.
      I do that deal in a heartbeat.
      Hes what 21 ? He hits his QO at our discretion in 21-22 season.
      Its just that doing business with a pre schooler level front office in Sacto will take some courage.
      There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
      - TGO

Comment

This is probably going to be laughed at.. but would the Kings trade Bagley for Norm and a FRP?

Bagley was picked before Doncic so he has baggage and may be untradeable. Norm is not an all-star. But it's seeming likely that they will lose Bogdanovich. And they'll need a guard that can score to replace what he did for them.

Just trying to find a player that can become a free agent next season but can be traded for some of our guard depth that we have a lot of.
        You pass on Doncic and wind up with Norm and a low FRP? Lol. C’mon even the Kangz aren’t that Kangz.

Comment

• G__Deane wrote: View Post

They have nothing left to trade for the pile it would take to land Kyle. Raps may well be suddenly on the re-build path tho in which case let's get a ton for him.
          Kyle plus two future firsts for Embiid.

Philly breaks up the Embiid/Simmons pair they've been rumbling about and get a win-now elite PG for a finals push for a couple of years. Kyle finishes his career at home in Philly, go for another title run on at 34, gets his statue and tribute here when he's done.

Raps start FVV-Norm-OG-Siakam-Embiid. Then sign Giles straight up and have Flynn-Thomas-Watson-Boucher-Giles off the bench. Oldest player age 27.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

You can’t compete with Ballmer...... if you know what I mean. There’s a consistent trend of good role players signing way below their market value.
            That may be true.. but perception does not always meet reality on the floor.
            The clips were built up to be a deep team.. but when the games started in the playoffs they melted.
            Harrell sucked.
            Patrick Beverly showed what he is.. a tenacious off the bench defender. He sure isn't a lead PG.
            Williams does what Williams does.. score empty calorie points.
            Shamet didn't show.

And when the clips needed to buckle down .. they couldn't.
            Leonard realized he left a team that was good and busted their asses all the time to be good....for a team that that thought they were good and didn't work hard at it.

BTW... Leonard can opt out next year too.
            There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
            - TGO

Comment

• inthepaint wrote: View Post

Kyle plus two future firsts for Embiid.

Philly breaks up the Embiid/Simmons pair they've been rumbling about and get a win-now elite PG for a finals push for a couple of years. Kyle finishes his career at home in Philly, go for another title run on at 34, gets his statue and tribute here when he's done.

Raps start FVV-Norm-OG-Siakam-Embiid. Then sign Giles straight up and have Flynn-Thomas-Watson-Boucher-Giles off the bench. Oldest player age 27.
              would you rather have embiid or giannis? personally I like this but i'd rather have giannis but embiid would be cool too

Comment

Gasol was awesome during the regular season.. and is great in some match ups. Like imagine facing Philly in the playoffs again. That's a Gasol match up. Or if not him, Dwight who'll come off the bench.

I want Marc back for sure.. hopefully we can get him back for $5M but I'd rather have him over Serge for the season. If I had to make a choice.
                Would not be surprised to see Gasol end up on a Cali based team, closer to where Pau lives. Warriors would be my bet.

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post

would you rather have embiid or giannis? personally I like this but i'd rather have giannis but embiid would be cool too
                  I'd rather have Beal.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Giles to the Blazers on a 1-year deal as per Woj.

(I expect more despairing wails to come from that news. Might as well get it started.)

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

You pass on Doncic and wind up with Norm and a low FRP? Lol. C’mon even the Kangz aren’t that Kangz.
                      Yeah that's why I started the post the way I did.

Looking at the 2017 (RFA's next year) and 2018 (QO's next year) draft class... here are some other potential bigs that we might be able to package Norm and a FRP for (although unlikely):

Jarrett Allen (Brooklyn) - Nets are contending and have enough guards that they don't need Norm. But he'd be a nice get. Plus I suspect they want this asset for a potential Harden trade.

Thomas Bryant (Washington) - I think they love him there. He was balling hard in the bubble. Only Wizard that seemed to care. I would be shocked if they moved him.

John Collins (Atlanta) - maybe they were soured on his drug suspension last year? Also they picked up Gallo in free agency. So maybe they would rather play Gallo and have Collins come off the bench? Not really a C but with Siakam/OG can make it work.

Harry Giles (UFA) - we've talked enough about him.. Can just sign him. And I think he'll be a target

Mitchell Robinson (NY) - NY would have to be really really stupid to move him for Norm, but they kind of are really really stupid. So who knows?

Robert Williams (Boston) - Boston is not doing Toronto any favors

Mo Bamba (Orlando) - They lost DJ so could use some guard depth. Bamba isn't really that good though. He'd be a good young backup. Probably would rather have Norm though.

Wendel Carter Jr (Chicago) - They were thinking about moving up to #2 in the draft and trading him to GS. That didn't work out, but if the rumours were true, they had him dangling.

Comment

• Why relinquish a first round pick? This team will not have any real championship aspirations this season. Trust the front office and let them add talent organically, talent that fits the identity of the organization.

Comment

• Lakers have been having an epic off season. I think they pull this off too.

Comment

Lakers have been having an epic off season. I think they pull this off too.
                            it’s been a good run ! we need to start talking how we retool or rebuild.

Comment

• This is starting to bring back memories of Luis Scola.

Comment

• And the bright side is we are still a 50 win team just not contenders for the title

Comment

Working...
                                X