Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now boucher's signed and we're done

Comment

• Eh Baynes is a minutes eater, solid pickup. Rock solid, not much of a downgrade. That being said I hope there is another move for frontcourt depth, unless Masai and co love Hernandez + Boucher. Personally im not sold on Boucher and Hernandez has 0 experience. Think we have another move in us though. My problem right now is if we hold pat with no upside moves or anything, we are basically okay wasting the twilight of Kyles prime which sucks.

Comment

• ok wtf that contract for Boucher.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
          ok wtf that contract for Boucher.
          Gotta be a team option so a fat one-year
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
            ok wtf that contract for Boucher.
            My guess is it's a similar 2nd year player option so they just used the money they had and maybe had to go a bit more to get that. Also, from what I hear, it's handy to have those type of contracts when you are facilitating trades

Edit: full disclosure, I did not read blake murphy's tweet before I wrote the above

Last edited by Jclaw; Sun Nov 22, 2020, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post

Gotta be a team option so a fat one-year
              My guess is Masai offered that to Gasol and Ibaka, both are in their 30s and didn't want to waste a year so they went elsewhere. Baynes and Boucher agreed to a solid pay and a team option.

Masai has made it clear he wants to keep that cap space for next off season.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
                Eh Baynes is a minutes eater, solid pickup. Rock solid, not much of a downgrade. That being said I hope there is another move for frontcourt depth, unless Masai and co love Hernandez + Boucher. Personally im not sold on Boucher and Hernandez has 0 experience. Think we have another move in us though. My problem right now is if we hold pat with no upside moves or anything, we are basically okay wasting the twilight of Kyles prime which sucks.
                I don't know what is your expectations this season but with the current roster this team isn't finishing in the top 4 of the Eastern conference & will have a rough time getting out of the first round in one piece.

On the bright side next year draft will surely be in the low 20's or high teens.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post

My guess is Masai offered that to Gasol and Ibaka, both are in their 30s and didn't want to waste a year so they went elsewhere. Baynes and Boucher agreed to a solid pay and a team option.

Masai has made it clear he wants to keep that cap space for next off season.
                  look like we didn't offer serge a fat year though lol

Comment

• Pretty sad about Serge, mostly because I liked him as a person. I think he's become pretty overrated as a basketball player, but he had a certain swag and confidence that really helped, especially during the championship run. I hate that it was the Clippers.

Comment

• Glad we got baynes. I have been wanting him since last trade deadline. Kinda has Gasol skill set, good rebounder can hit the 3 if you leave him and is actually a pretty good passer. Boucher is going to have to earn his backup minutes and would like to see dean get a shot here and there. I'm sure he will at some point just due to injuries etc.
                      overall if neither Serge or Gasol were going to be here I'm happy with baynes. If he can play decent that 2nd year option could be a bargain
                      To be the champs you got to beat the champs

Comment

• I actually preferred Baynes out of pretty much the entire centre class so this is fine by me.

That Boucher deal is okay. He is what he is but he will have a few big games and he is productive despite his flaws.

Raps still are really thin at the forward spots but sounds like they will have to make it work as is.

Comment

• Is Masai going to be even here next year? his contract is up after this season, correct?

And if they don't land Giannis, what is Plan B?
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

I don't know what is your expectations this season but with the current roster this team isn't finishing in the top 4 of the Eastern conference & will have a rough time getting out of the first round in one piece.
                            Everyone said the exact same thing last year. I will never count out our guys to overachieve.

Comment

• The Great One wrote: View Post
                              Is Masai going to be even here next year? his contract is up after this season, correct?

And if they don't land Giannis, what is Plan B?
                              lets cross that bridge when we get there... who knows maybe e OG plays all star level and then thats plan B

Comment

• Serge and Marc went for term.. and I knew that was the only way we'd lose them. Glad we got Baynes out of it. I still don't trust Boucher completely but and we still could use some depth at F (we might lose RHJ and Stanley sucks).

But ultimately the mistake was giving Stanley the player option last year. Or assuming he wouldn't suck. That cost us Serge. If Stanley was off the books, we'd have more to give to Serge, and he might have stayed for a $15M deal instead of a $12M deal.

Live and let learn I guess.

Hope LA treats our boys well. That center duo will always be apart of Raptor lore forever.

Comment

Working...
                                X