Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    I actually preferred Baynes out of pretty much the entire centre class so this is fine by me.

That Boucher deal is okay. He is what he is but he will have a few big games and he is productive despite his flaws.

Raps still are really thin at the forward spots but sounds like they will have to make it work as is.
    i mean the center market in general this year was sparse ... this isn't super SEXY ... but the guy isn't a scrub.. he is tough from the looks of it.. he is a good screen setter (something we missed when ibaka got here and JV left)... and he doesn't seem like a ball hog yet seems more than willing to let the ball fly when necessary (willing shooter).... so I am interested in it. The real question is how good can our defence remain when marc isn't quarter backing .. although he started playing like trash in the play offs so yeah... baynes also can rebound which was a big issue.

Comment

• Baynes is passable, for sure, not a terrible pick up by any means, but he is a huge downgrade from Gasol if he's our starter.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Masai has done it again?
        Love this pickup.
        Baynes is solid.

Comment

• Baynes is a 33 years old dude with some wear and tear in those hips and ankles (history of injuries) to replace Gasol and Ibaka so everything should be seen in perspective.

good get by a team in desperate need of a starting bigman.

So to go back to that discussion about Serge and Gasol as not part of the timeline of Van Vleet/ OG and Siakam is moot at this point because Masai and Webster just got a cheaper injury old man to replace two of the same, lol.

at best, a lateral move. Staying competitive is good though for 2021.

mid season trade to get Beal or Lillard if anyone is available should be a move I would be excited about and so is the Freak when he makes that decision.

Comment

• Good save, but still a fail. I like Baynes but I wish we were watching a young player, not named Boucher, develop

Comment

• Aron Baynes is good pick up, listen..his better than Gasol..now..but Gasol get more respect from the officials, I hated Aron when he was on Boston, bc his a beast, always burn us..as for boucher, love his talent..but his gotta put some weight, I still think we need one more big free agency and quality guard in trade..I still would try 2 trade norm powell, stanley, mccaw, maybe 1st for Oladipo..
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Great signing - Baynes is a good physical presence in the paint, can be a good pick and roll target and can create good space in the paint by either directly sealing out opposing help defenders or stepping outside to shoot. He's not afraid of the ball and will shoot from different areas of the court. Has a good floater/runne from the short corner and from that zone between the FT line and restricted area of the paint. Can hold his ground defensively too.

Like someone said on another post, we now have 4 core rotation players from our championship team (50%) leaving to LA in free agency (with nothing coming back our way unfortunately). What a magnet. Hopefully it's our turn next season and we get a high impact player coming in our way instead; they're certainly holding on tight to the space for them. Go Raps!

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                  Good save, but still a fail. I like Baynes but I wish we were watching a young player, not named Boucher, develop
                  You forget about Dewan Hernandez?! I guess he's officially hit sleeper status even within the Raps. Lol

Comment

• So:
                    Bucks, Celtics, Heat, Nets, Philly, Raps.

Two of those teams will lose in the first round :|

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post

Everyone said the exact same thing last year. I will never count out our guys to overachieve.
                      Also, maybe it's not overachieving. Really feeling this offseason like Raptors fans are pretty seriously underrating how good the current core is. These guys are good.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I'm optimistic we'll be watching some pretty great basketball this year. I call this a win.

Comment

• Baynes is not a good rebounder. Most he's ever averaged in a season is 5.6 (last year).. but he also doesn't play a lot. Most he played was last year at about 22mpg. In Boston it was between 16 and 18mpg.

So I'm a little worried about our center depth. I could see a lot of small ball. Hope OG is willing to take a bit of a beating.

Embiid for example plays about 30mpg.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                            So:
                            Bucks, Celtics, Heat, Nets, Philly, Raps.

Two of those teams will lose in the first round :|
                            Detroit and Atlanta got better..Indiana is there, Washington gonna b better, John wall..will c what happens there, Everyone forgets Orlando, Charlotte..mehh, Chicago bulls..watch for that team, they might surprise some teams.
                            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Maybe we can get Whiteside for a vet minimum if he can't find any offers. I still really don't trust Boucher at all, especially when playing against bigger centers like Embiid, Vucevic, Jordan, and/or having to help guard someone like Giannis.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post

Also, maybe it's not overachieving. Really feeling this offseason like Raptors fans are pretty seriously underrating how good the current core is. These guys are good.
                                Losing the guys we have lost the last couple offseasons hurts, but we still have a core of proven winners on this team
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X