No announcement yet.

Everything Off Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think if we can find someone like Malik Beasley, Will Barton type guys that would benefit by having a bigger role. A player that quite hasn’t reached his potential that you can get on a 10-15M contract. Fred is at his ceiling IMO, and it’s a pretty good ceiling to have; but not one I would match at 22M

Then you just have to find Kyle’s successor, which will be extremely difficult to do.

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post

Pretty spot on assessment. Hes a very good undersized two guard. Hed be worth top dollar with the right pieces around him. If we sign FVV, I think we need to also make a move for a longterm guard who fits with Fred or a superstar ball dominant wing.
      He would be a great fit beside Doncic, Giannis, Simmons, Lebron, etc. Just not so much beside another 6 ft PG.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Guys, if 22M is the biggest AAV out there for Fred, that’s gonna be matched by the Raps. If it was up near 25M, or towards his max, sure, but 20M ish was always going to be the market.

Now I’d love to be wrong and see him sign for closer to 15M, but that’s likely dreaming.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• There’s enough interest out there that it’s not going to be under 20

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            There’s enough interest out there that it’s not going to be under 20
            Well, another consideration is whether he wants to really cash in on this deal. Does a 5th year of guaranteed salary count for anything? Could get a lower AAV if we give more total cash even if it is on longer term. And there’s a question of whether he’s rather play for 20 on a terrible team or say 18 on a good one.

I’m pretty sure his AAV comes in above 20, but if it’s not much above 20, that can leave his 2nd year cap hit very manageable in the 2021 summer that is crucial.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Bobby marks says pascal’s all nba award will cost raptors about 3.5 Mill of cap space in 2021.

Comment

I think if we can find someone like Malik Beasley, Will Barton type guys that would benefit by having a bigger role. A player that quite hasn’t reached his potential that you can get on a 10-15M contract. Fred is at his ceiling IMO, and it’s a pretty good ceiling to have; but not one I would match at 22M

Then you just have to find Kyle’s successor, which will be extremely difficult to do.
                Agreed. A young, athletic, combo guard with upside would be perfect. A guy like Terence Davis would be a great pickup.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                  Bobby marks says pascal’s all nba award will cost raptors about 3.5 Mill of cap space in 2021.
                  Yeah.. his cap hit goes up from 25% of the cap to 28%. So 3% increase. If the cap is at $110M he will get an additional $3.3M. So Marks probably has the cap a little higher than that.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Agreed. A young, athletic, combo guard with upside would be perfect. A guy like Terence Davis would be a great pickup.
                    Even if it ends up being TD, it’s better to have a bunch of wing players with potential . Looking at draft rankings we may have a few SG/PG prospects in our range.

I wouldn’t mind if Masai found a way to trade up for some of the guards/wings that project to go between 10-20. This draft is a crap shoot. If any year this is the year a top player may slip in to the late lottery picks, late teens.

Comment

Even if it ends up being TD, it’s better to have a bunch of wing players with potential . Looking at draft rankings we may have a few SG/PG prospects in our range.

I wouldn’t mind if Masai found a way to trade up for some of the guards/wings that project to go between 10-20. This draft is a crap shoot. If any year this is the year a top player may slip in to the late lottery picks, late teens.
                      I’d also like to see Paul Watson get some minutes and see if he’s got game. Flashed a brief glimpse of potential in the bubble.

Comment

• Ya, out of the back bench guys he looked the most polished.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post

Yeah.. his cap hit goes up from 25% of the cap to 28%. So 3% increase. If the cap is at $110M he will get an additional $3.3M. So Marks probably has the cap a little higher than that.
                          It’s also 3% of the cap in year one, and raises are based on year one salary. So it would be 3% plus 8% of 3% that the 2nd year would increase by. Cap assumed at 109 this year makes 3% 3.27M. Then that times 1.08 gives 3.53M, the impact on our 2021 cap.

Brings Fred’s allowable AAV down from mid-20’s to low-20’s, which is where we had him pegged anyway,

Worth noting though that they expected Pascal’s salary to be higher than this anyway with the cap rising more like 5% most years and this year presumably a flat cap. The issue will be what the 2021 cap will be. If that’s flat as I’ve been assuming as well, that’s what limits what we can do re: Fred.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Gasol back to Europe?

https://sportando.basketball/en/marc...urn-to-europe/

" "Spanish center is now a free agent and would leave the NBA primarily for family reasons.

According to Xavier Saiso Garcia of Radio Ser Catalunya, Spanish center Marc Gasol is considering a return to Europe, for family reasons, to continue there his illustrious career. Reigning World Champion with Spain NT, Gasol is now a free agent after completing the season with the Toronto Raptors, the team with which he won the NBA title last year.

In 12 NBA seasons, Gasol has been also a three-time All-Star (2012, 2015, 2017) and a DPOY (2013), earning also an All-NBA First Team in 2015"

Comment

• Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                                Gasol back to Europe?

https://sportando.basketball/en/marc...urn-to-europe/

" "Spanish center is now a free agent and would leave the NBA primarily for family reasons.

According to Xavier Saiso Garcia of Radio Ser Catalunya, Spanish center Marc Gasol is considering a return to Europe, for family reasons, to continue there his illustrious career. Reigning World Champion with Spain NT, Gasol is now a free agent after completing the season with the Toronto Raptors, the team with which he won the NBA title last year.

In 12 NBA seasons, Gasol has been also a three-time All-Star (2012, 2015, 2017) and a DPOY (2013), earning also an All-NBA First Team in 2015"
                                That makes a lot of sense actually. He could probably get a decent contract in Europe too.. more than in the NBA probably.

Comment

Working...
                                X